Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-06-15T01:23:07Z
Mike Florio wrote:

Former Packers receiver James Jones has been talking to current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and also talking on TV about their conversations. Jones appeared Monday on NFL Network to discuss the latest development in the dysfunctional relationship between Rodgers and the Green Bay front office — CEO Mark Murphy's public remark that Rodgers is a [more]

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

🤷🏼‍♂️
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-06-15T03:36:29Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

🤷🏼‍♂️

Whatever Zero said, I can't see, just look like crossed out boxes to me (the default we can't translate this symbol boxes).

But anyways, sometimes I think the lawyer side of Mike Florio makes him overthink situations...

Other times, I think he simply does it on purpose...

Murphy wants this to end, but I'm not sure enough to give Rodgers what he wants (which I believe is an extension and no trade clause, plus maybe some basic input to say who's a good locker room guy, keep them around).

Rodgers is a big boy... if he wants to send a message to the Packers he'll do it himself (or through his agent).

One side or both sides could be potential asking Jones to make this look more pleasant to the media/public.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-06-15T11:56:21Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Whatever Zero said, I can't see, just look like crossed out boxes to me (the default we can't translate this symbol boxes).

But anyways, sometimes I think the lawyer side of Mike Florio makes him overthink situations...

Other times, I think he simply does it on purpose...

Murphy wants this to end, but I'm not sure enough to give Rodgers what he wants (which I believe is an extension and no trade clause, plus maybe some basic input to say who's a good locker room guy, keep them around).

Rodgers is a big boy... if he wants to send a message to the Packers he'll do it himself (or through his agent).

One side or both sides could be potential asking Jones to make this look more pleasant to the media/public.

It was a shrug emoji.

I believe Aaron Rodgers already has told the team what he wants. I also believe he didn't want this to be public.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-06-15T13:02:04Z
My I don't care meter is on empty still. I have not commented on the last few Rodger's threads because it doesn't matter. He's a big boy and he wants to play with his friends he will come back home and do so. If he wants to continue his pout he will do so. Nothing has changed since the draft. The media desperately tries to recreate it as something new and thus news-worthy but the needle has not moved at all.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2021-06-15T13:31:24Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

My I don't care meter is on empty still. I have not commented on the last few Rodger's threads because it doesn't matter. He's a big boy and he wants to play with his friends he will come back home and do so. If he wants to continue his pout he will do so. Nothing has changed since the draft. The media desperately tries to recreate it as something new and thus news-worthy but the needle has not moved at all.

I was surprised Pat McAfee said nothing has changed, media is just recycling stories and calling it "breaking". He said he's done talking about Rodgers until something changes.

Also, I feel nothing has changed since February. I think we just had it thrusted into the spotlight April 29th.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-06-15T14:33:09Z

I was surprised Pat McAfee said nothing has changed, media is just recycling stories and calling it "breaking". He said he's done talking about Rodgers until something changes.

Also, I feel nothing has changed since February. I think we just had it thrusted into the spotlight April 29th.

Very true. I thought about going back to Feb but chose Draft Day as that is when the general public became aware so it a backhanded sort of way that changed this. Perhaps not significantly between the two camps but it provided them with a new outlet to communicate. Mainly having friends and unnamed sources speak through the media. It rarely works but being a fan of the movie Thirteen Days which was about the Cuban Missile Crisis. The back door meeting between John A. Scali and Aleksandr Fomin really did help turn the corner.
Cheesey
2021-06-15T16:12:27Z
When this story “broke”, I was upset.
Now that it has dragged on and on, with neither side actually saying what the REAL problem is, I’ve gotten to the point where I just want it over with.
I will cheer on my team, no matter who is QB. Just like I have since 1965.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-06-15T16:50:31Z
Cheesey
2021-06-15T22:34:15Z

I'm offended!

I’m offended that YOU’RE offended!!!😉🤪😂
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-06-15T23:03:51Z
he is a complicated fella
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
2021-06-16T00:07:59Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

he is a complicated fella

Yes....I am!
Oh....you didn’t mean me!😂
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2021-06-16T16:20:55Z

I'm offended!

This picture of Rodgers makes me want to puke!
What a whiny baby.
I’ve had enough of it!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-06-16T16:49:49Z
I would hope the shirt was a (bad) joke...remember, he is a complicated fella.

If it is not a joke, send him some  image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
2021-06-16T17:22:47Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

What a whiny baby.
I’ve had enough of it!

Well....unfortunately, that’s the kind of people we have raised today. Everyone is “special”.
And hyper sensitive.
You can’t say or do anything without offending someone.
Every kid gets a “participation trophy”! You can’t keep score in any sports, because it might make poor little Johnny have low self worth. No A, B, C, D or F on a report card! It might make a kid get his/her feelings hurt! We CAN’T have THAT! Can we???
Little Aaron has to think that only what HE wants matters!
Yeah....I rambled.....sorry.🤐
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-06-16T17:24:24Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

What a whiny baby.
I’ve had enough of it!

I watched the whole press conference. He's often times spoken about how people are too easily offended and look for reasons to be "offended". This is him mocking that, while also sticking a shot in there. Something that might not be well known is a lot of "reporters" are saying Murphy's poorly executed joke of "complicated fella" (which was just restating what Ted Thompson said, BTW) is going to offend Rodgers.

This is really one of those deep inside jokes that you really need to know your Packers depth of people such as Aaron Rodgers, Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson. Ted said complicated fella about several players (I believe it was beast to explained this better). Mark Murphy is horrible at delivering jokes and is awkward. I watched the whole portion of it and it was obviously not a dig at Rodgers. Who wants to hear that though? that's not sexy, that's not SHOCKING, so it doesn't make headlines. As for Rodgers, you have to know he's just screwing with shit. He absolutely loathes what the media does. He has said it before, he has said sports talk has become "douchey" with how things get twisted.

If you want to be pissed off at Rodgers, go for it, but be pissed off that he's just poking fun at the whole thing and watching the media do what the media does. Act super stupid to anyone nimrod that will read or listen or give it a moments of attention.

Mind you, Aaron Rodgers did NOT want this to be public. I firmly believe that to be true. I believe he wanted to see seismic changes in the front office (e.g. Mark Murphy) and wanted to use his status to facilitate that changes. I've outlined my other speculations for his reasoning for these things.

Stop biting on every headline. Yes, I'm going to keep posting it here, but it's not because it's factual. It's entertainment to see how pathetically ignorant the media is about this. I should quit my job, start a radio program for 3 hours a day completely obliterating these clowns.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-06-16T21:45:30Z
Thanks for the summary Z. If he was offended he wouldn't be wearing that tshirt. didn't have to listen to the whole interview to know Aaron's shirt was in jest and mocking the way society reacts these days. He does have a sense of humor as quirky and complicated as it is.
beast
2021-06-16T22:06:14Z
LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 People getting offended of Rodgers mocking people saying he's the one that's offended LMAO!

This is priceless! The irony!

See Mark, this is why you don't steal other people's humor, you couldn't pull off Ted's type of humor and Rodgers perfectly pulled off Rodgers type of humor lol 😂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-06-17T03:54:18Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 People getting offended of Rodgers mocking people saying he's the one that's offended LMAO!

This is priceless! The irony!

See Mark, this is why you don't steal other people's humor, you couldn't pull off Ted's type of humor and Rodgers perfectly pulled off Rodgers type of humor lol 😂

I’m offended that you say I shouldn’t be offended!!!!

(Just kidding!🤪)
I hope my joke didn’t offend you!😉😁🤪😂
UserPostedImage