Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-07-12T16:52:22Z
Mike Florio wrote:

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says that he’ll “figure things out in a couple weeks.” While that’s a refreshing turn from buzzwords like “beautiful mystery” and non-answers like “we’ll see,” the timeline makes little sense.

In a couple of weeks, he’s due to report for training camp. So will he figure things out the day before the start of a five-month commitment? How will he not know — how does he not already know — what he plans to do? He’s had six months to “figure things out” about his future playing career. At this point, he shouldn’t need two more weeks.


There’s a chance, of course, that he figured things out long ago, and that Sunday’s comment represents the latest step in the effort to drag out the story. Which continues to place pressure on the Green Bay front office. Which continues to keep the fans caught in the crossfire.

If you see the video of Rodgers’ remarks, it’s obvious that he enjoys this game. That further suggests he knows exactly what he’s going to do. So why can’t he, why won’t he, just let his plans be known? The fact that he won’t reinforces the notion that his plan is more like a strategy aimed at ultimately getting what he wants: a one-way ticket out of Green Bay.

Don’t be surprised if he makes no broad announcement before July 27, the reporting date for camp. Don’t be surprised if he just doesn’t show up for camp, one day after another until he does (or doesn’t). The nonchalance with which he skipped mandatory minicamp could happen again with training camp. He just won’t show up, with no statement or fanfare or anything.

At one point, I assumed he’d show up for camp and chastise those of us who made it a big deal. I now wonder whether he’ll just continue to act like none of this is a big deal, that he’ll be there when he’s there and if he’s not there, he’s not there. He’s far more calculating than that, and it feels like he’s intentionally coming off as someone who has no intentions whatsoever, and that he has no intention to develop any.

Whatever happens next, Packers shareholders gather in two weeks. The next day, the players report. The Rodgers story will last at least until then, and probably longer. Probably a lot longer. Probably in part because, deep down, he likes it that way.

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 



I know, I know, I am going to regret yet another Aaron Rodgers topic. I saw the opening paragraphs and I mean if you can't understand what is going on, you're not wanting to see it. The highlighted snippet tells us everything. One of the people Rodgers has opening admitted his disdain for acknowledges Rodgers already knows what is going to happen. Yet, it won't stop that website from procuring story after story after storing trying to mine us for clicks and attention.

THE CYCLE NEVER FREAKING ENDS! Even the douche bags KNOW what they are doing, tell US what they are doing and yet it still manipulates people into slandering ones character.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-20T00:00:20Z
This is an example of why I think it would have been good for Aaron Rodgers to say something publicly to squash it, at least in the public eye. When it starts trickling to your teammates having to answer for your absence, you're being a douche. I know the media will twist everything around, but at least when players are asked, they can refer to his public comments and say next question.


UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-20T08:02:27Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is an example of why I think it would have been good for Aaron Rodgers to say something publicly to squash it, at least in the public eye. When it starts trickling to your teammates having to answer for your absence, you're being a douche. I know the media will twist everything around, but at least when players are asked, they can refer to his public comments and say next question.



I agree. He knows that his teammates are constantly asked about him, which puts them in a difficult situation.
He should just come out and say what he intends to do. That would shut up all the media whores.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-20T11:46:12Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I agree. He knows that his teammates are constantly asked about him, which puts them in a difficult situation.
He should just come out and say what he intends to do. That would shut up all the media whores.



It won't shut the media up at all. It will provide his teammates an easy out from speaking on it though. They just say "he came out and said everything is fine, so that's where I'm at, next question". I suppose that could be said now too though. I dunno. If the Packers weren't so popular, this stuff wouldn't be even on the radar. Victims of our own awesome.


Edit, I think the media is getting exhausted from this too, lol.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2021-07-20T14:39:11Z
I went back and read Tyler Dunne's "smear piece" on Rodgers, Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and the Packers. "What happened in Green Bay?" I'm not linking it, and I know many dismissed it out of hand, but imo, there is probably a lot of truth in that article.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.
Cheesey
2021-07-20T14:52:08Z
I don’t know what Dunne said, so I don’t know what to make of it.
Hopefully in the next week or so we will know the results of this stupid soap opera.
I doubt we will ever know the truth of what the REAL problem was, other then “it’s about the people”, which still doesn’t say anything. Just “Californy” speak for “I have a bug up my @$$”.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-20T17:00:03Z
LoL, Country Club was on auto renew.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-21T17:59:36Z
This is going to be busted all over the place, so here you go because who retweets things matters bunches. 🤦‍♂️

That being said, I do agree with what he said in this clip.

 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-21T19:08:29Z
How is he “not respected?”
Because the FO is looking to the future, so when Rodgers can no longer play at a high level, which most likely won’t be that far in the future, that the TEAM is prepared to still be able to compete?
They offered him a boatload if money. Said to EVERYONE that Rodgers is still the guy?

Is it that they didn’t let him be the GM? Which of course isn’t what he’s paid to be.
Why did it take him having a bug up his butt last season to get him to play up to his potential?
I don’t get it.
I’m just frustrated with the whole thing.
I just don’t know how it can ever be healed. Rodgers is too stubborn. He can’t even get along with his own family.
Some day he will regret that.
Most likely, by then it will be too late.
Sadly.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-21T19:26:56Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

How is he “not respected?”
Because the FO is looking to the future, so when Rodgers can no longer play at a high level, which most likely won’t be that far in the future, that the TEAM is prepared to still be able to compete?
They offered him a boatload if money. Said to EVERYONE that Rodgers is still the guy?

Is it that they didn’t let him be the GM? Which of course isn’t what he’s paid to be.
Why did it take him having a bug up his butt last season to get him to play up to his potential?
I don’t get it.
I’m just frustrated with the whole thing.
I just don’t know how it can ever be healed. Rodgers is too stubborn. He can’t even get along with his own family.
Some day he will regret that.
Most likely, by then it will be too late.
Sadly.


I agree what what was said because I get the impression Aaron Rodgers feels he's earned a seat at the table when decisions are made. Not to MAKE the decisions, but to be APART of them. I've heard a few people (even some who Rodgers openly says he likes in the media) saying enough is enough, suit up and play. The problem here is Rodgers feels disrespected (I'm speculating) and he's like an elephant, he doesn't forget and I think he's petty too. This is why I agree with what was said in the clip as to what the problem is. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying I agree that it's probably the root of issue.

It should also be noted that Aaron has went out of his way to not talk about this and I believe that is because he didn't want it public. He wanted it resolved behind the scenes. I'm willing to bet his agent or someone close to the Packers had loose lips and that is also something that doesn't sit well with Aaron. We all know he's a very private individual.



UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-21T22:42:30Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree what what was said because I get the impression Aaron Rodgers feels he's earned a seat at the table when decisions are made. Not to MAKE the decisions, but to be APART of them. I've heard a few people (even some who Rodgers openly says he likes in the media) saying enough is enough, suit up and play. The problem here is Rodgers feels disrespected (I'm speculating) and he's like an elephant, he doesn't forget and I think he's petty too. This is why I agree with what was said in the clip as to what the problem is. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying I agree that it's probably the root of issue.

It should also be noted that Aaron has went out of his way to not talk about this and I believe that is because he didn't want it public. He wanted it resolved behind the scenes. I'm willing to bet his agent or someone close to the Packers had loose lips and that is also something that doesn't sit well with Aaron. We all know he's a very private individual.



I believe he's been using the media to constantly slam the team, because didn't get his way.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
2021-07-21T22:53:05Z
All that may be true, but he did nothing to fix it. He may not be de-valued as a qb, but this is no leader in my mind, and I no longer want him as the national face of the Pack. He is embarrassing, and even if he comes back and leads us to a super bowl victory, he cheapened it as a fan with this narcissistic bullshit. Many say he didn't say anything, media hyped it, etc. He did say a ton by letting this go on, and as a big a homer I am, and a foolish Wisconsin sod buster to boot,, I am not buying his California razzle dazzle bullshit. He can f'ing sit, and I do not want to reward anyone with a trade, especially him.. If Jordan Love sucks, I'll bitch about him, but I will definitely root for the young man, just like I (still, incredibly) root for Kevin King...hard. BTW, If I ever find a person that sent MVS those death threats...well, I better shut up now...
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.
Cheesey
2021-07-22T01:29:14Z
So.....Rodgers wants a seat at the table......if he didn’t get his way while sitting at the table, you think he wouldn’t be just as petty and not throw more tantrums?
I think we all know THAT answer.
In my view, he’s acting like a spoiled child. “I’m gonna hold my breath until I get my way!!!”
And as was already stated, the damage has already been done. If by some chance he does play here this year, I wouldn’t doubt if fans would boo him. And if he messes up on the field, he will be BOOOO’D!
He’s not going to come out looking like an innocent guy that was treated badly.
JMO of course.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-22T11:48:21Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is going to be busted all over the place, so here you go because who retweets things matters bunches. 🤦‍♂️

That being said, I do agree with what he said in this clip.

 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.



Geez, even Aaron's future mother-in-law is getting in on it. 🤦‍♂️
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-22T17:03:34Z
Great....now his “Hollywood whack job” future in-laws are feeding AR’s humongous ego.

“Oh Aaron! Everything you say or even think is alway right! Now....marry my daughter and buy me a multi million dollar house!”😁😂
UserPostedImage
warhawk
2021-07-22T18:10:44Z
Aaron Rodgers is the greatest detective of all time. After all, it was he who somehow uncovered the Packers FO's sorted plan to replace him after 2021 even after the painful efforts to hide this fact by giving Love little to no snaps with the 1st team or never suiting up for a single game. Yet through Rodgers watchful eye he saw just how the team was prepping for a Love takeover.
My tweet to Rodgers:
"The Bucks superstar player and leader of the team played his best game of the year and made sure the team got the W at home. Go to Greece and get under a waterfall. You earned the break!
Appropriate I think considering Rodgers appears to enjoy throwing shit in peoples faces from time to time.
How fragile life is. Rodgers takes advantage of the three gifts Brady gives him and the Packers blow the Buc's out Brady becomes the "once was" superstar with one long skinny leg out of the NFL. If facts be known when the Pack pressured Brady he fell apart like a 43 year old tree house.
Oh well, not that it was that hard to see coming. Every time a game wasn't going well Rodgers acted like a whiney baby that wasn't allowed to stay up an extra hour. Hands on his hips, mumbling whatever, looking at the sidelines shaking his head like it's all their fault.
Still don't know what the bug up his ass is all about but supposed to accept that this is just all part of the beautiful mystery. Funny, I haven't found one damn beautiful thing about it.

"The train is leaving the station."
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (24m) : Jack Heflon and TJ Slaton say hush your mouth Zero!
Zero2Cool (35m) : Jesus. The hits keep coming.
Mucky Tundra (54m) : @ThePackersWire · 15m Packers DL Tyler Lancaster was placed on the COVID-19 reserve list on Tuesday.
beast (4h) : Mack was a FA and only signed for one year $2 million, so I'm not sure there was much interest even when you had to go e the Colts nothing for him. And while he's 100% healthy, I don't think he's 100%
Zero2Cool (5h) : Colts and RB Marlon Mack have mutually agreed to seek a trade.
Zero2Cool (5h) : No, but I think it was because of the play clock. He pointed at the clock while chewing him out. At least i think
beast (6h) : Anyone heard anything official on why Rodgers was chewing Myers out after the 4th and 1 play? Miss a signal and timed it too late?
dfosterf (21h) : This is called getting Porky's attention prior to kickoff...I could have worked harder at it earlier, but this was more fun
dfosterf (21h) : I had no argument excepting the fact that she married me. She said, ",Well, you got me there" . So I guess I won that one.
dfosterf (21h) : I reminded her that I had to remind dhazer to remove and replace a guy last week just prior to kickoff...she said we Wisconsin people seem slow
dfosterf (21h) : She says he has no one to put in because he would have to draft a guy off the waiver wire who would suck tonight...she is learning this stuff, lol
dfosterf (21h) : She says Porky is sleeping at the switch
dfosterf (21h) : Lol
wpr (21h) : Mrs D trash talking Porky. Beautiful man.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Porky, are you gonna let Mrs. dfosterf get away with that?
dfosterf (21h) : My wife asks me...So Porky and Dhazer do this trade, couple guys complain, and Porky doesn't even put in 9 against us? I have no answer..
dfosterf (22h) : Is Porky gonna put another guy in tonight or just admit he is not interested, even though he is securing primo players thanks to dhazer..
Zero2Cool (23h) : Love it
Mucky Tundra (27-Sep) : @jamisonhensley No one is safe from Ravens’ injury bug: OLB coach Drew Wilkins popped his hamstring during the celebration of Justin Tucker’s 66-yard field goal
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Aaron Rodgers < 2.5 seconds 🔸43/52 (82.7%), 6 TDs, 0 INTs
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Norman got hurt after making Aaron Jones fumble out of bounds.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Christian McCaffrey on injured reserve at this time. Hopefully he'll only miss up to 2 games.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Matt Nagy told reporters today that all three QBs - Justin Fields, Nick Foles and Andy Dalton - are under consideration to start in Week 4 against the Lions.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Broncos WR K.J. Hamler (torn ACL) to miss the rest of the season.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers have 2 wins, 1 loss and are -15 points in differential.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Chiefs say that Andy Reid has been released from the hospital & is in great spirits.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : NFL ACL count = 21
beast (27-Sep) : Just to be clear, Bears traded their 2022 1st round pick to the Giants, so the more the Bears lose, the higher than Giants 1st rounder is!
beast (27-Sep) : Man the Giants helped us out by giving us a higher pick for Martinez (and maybe something late for Fackrell), let's help them out by giving them a higher pick by beating the Bears
wpr (27-Sep) : Josh- all of his tests came back OK.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Not sure if that is what happened, and hope Josh is OK.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Trying to tackle Dillon → Josh Norman was spitting up blood, spent night in hospital
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Damn. I liked Blake.
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : New York Giants lose lead tackler Blake Martinez to season-ending ACL tear
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : That's a bummer Scott is inactive, I want to see what he can do
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : Packers inactives
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : CB Kevin King OL Elgton Jenkins S Vernon Scott LB La'Darius Hamilton
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : Hahaha
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : Bless you and your wife yoop!
yooperfan (26-Sep) : My wife and I ordered a Detroit Style pizza to celebrate a Detroit style loss😁
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : A lot of passes are high. Wonder if that's a trend or what.
TheKanataThrilla (26-Sep) : The Bears averaged 1.1 yards per play vs the Browns, the 2nd-fewest by any team in a game this century.
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : i had a bears fan legit try to argue with me that the Bears oline was fine during the offseason
dfosterf (26-Sep) : Also liked Justin Fields debut
dfosterf (26-Sep) : ...just a lot to love about the ending of that game
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : oh my goodness! it hit the crossbar too!
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : He hit a real long FG back in 2015, 2016ish to beat the Lions in a similar heartbreaker fashion
dfosterf (26-Sep) : The best part? Refs failed to call a delay of game the play before...heart punch to the Lions
dhazer (26-Sep) : wow Justin Tucker 66 yd fg to win the game
dfosterf (26-Sep) : Ours or his?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 12:00 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / GameDay Threads / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

27-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Sep / Around The NFL / beast

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.