Discussion Board
nerdmann
2022-01-26T00:44:56Z
Didn't realize Denver has that much cap space. They've also interviewed Hackett. I could see it. 

Quote:

"If you tag and trade Davante Adams and also trade Aaron Rodgers; three first-round picks, two seconds, Jerry Jeudy and Noah Fant maybe? I don’t think that’s out of the question.”

I'd do that trade.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
2022-01-26T00:58:55Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Didn't realize Denver has that much cap space. They've also interviewed Hackett. I could see it. 

I'd do that trade.

I mean that kind of a trade would be enticing. Especially if they throw in Jeudy. I wonder if we could keep guys like Zadarius & re-sign guys like Rasul or Jaire if something like this transpired?

I do love Aaron Rodgers, I’ve been his biggest supporter. But the more I think about it, I wouldn’t be totally sad if he retired, or a trade like this went down. My expectations for the team would be much lower, which would severely lower my stress level.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-26T01:12:07Z
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I mean that kind of a trade would be enticing. Especially if they throw in Jeudy. I wonder if we could keep guys like Zadarius & re-sign guys like Rasul or Jaire if something like this transpired?

I do love Aaron Rodgers, I’ve been his biggest supporter. But the more I think about it, I wouldn’t be totally sad if he retired, or a trade like this went down. My expectations for the team would be much lower, which would severely lower my stress level.

Mine won't be.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
2022-01-26T04:17:49Z
Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

At this point, will the bounty really be as rich as Packers fans imagine? By now Rodgers is likely overexposed. Who wants to pay through the nose and mortgage the future for a quarterback who consistently underperforms in the playoffs? Especially after this year's showing, when greater minds than I couldn't help noticing how uninterested Rodgers appeared in the second half, how he looked like he wanted to be anywhere in the world but Lambeau Field in that moment. It was eerily reminiscent of that final playoff game against the Giants, when Favre spent the second half looking like he couldn't wait to retreat into his warm, private locker room.

Last year, I think the Packers could have named their price. After this most recent postseason debacle, not to mention all the offseason drama, not so much.

That is a great question - and I think the answer is "yes" if Aaron indicates he's committed to playing 2-3 years more (having a contract paying $45-$50 million per season for a new team would also entice him to continue playing too, I'm sure). To use a basketball analogy: having Aaron Rodgers as your starting QB = being a treadmill team, where the "treadmill" is getting to the playoffs and that's about it. Rodgers, for whatever reason, is not going to get you to a Superbowl - but he definitely gives a team the boost to contend for the playoffs.

There are some teams, I'd imagine, that would be more than happy to accept first/second round playoff exit as their ceiling for the next couple of years - and desperate enough that they are willing to part with some good-to-great draft capital for the allure of "make it to the playoffs and you have a chance to get to the Superbowl" mindset even though it is fleeting with Aaron as your starting QB. Dolphins, Steelers, Browns, Broncos and Colts come to mind. Heck, maybe Washington, Panthers, Falcons or the Saints might be added to the list depending on how the off-season unfolds.

A couple of firsts, a prospect or two (I'd even take full-time special teamers that are good, honestly) and one or two day 2 picks isn't a steep price to pay for a QB that is a walking playoff berth and a 3 year window to "contend" (assuming Rodgers commits to play that long for the new team). If the Packers want to throw in Adams, I'm sure you can get at least an additional day 2 pick.

Especially if the Packers are willing to accept conditions on picks (for example, two round 2 picks that turn to firsts depending on a team reaching the playoffs with Aaron), then I think the haul will be on par with fan's expectations. I'm hoping (praying?) that recent attempts by LaFleur to indicate the team wants Aaron back are just attempts to further shift leverage the Packers' way and not have a team lowball them.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
nerdmann
2022-01-26T06:21:46Z
Rob Demovsky, talking some sense.

Aaron Rodgers Leaving the Green Bay Might Not Be His Decision After Another Lackluster Playoff Loss, According to Packers Insider Rob Demovsky 

Here is the audio from which this article derives.

go.pack.go.
2022-01-26T11:29:19Z

Mine won't be.

Well my expectations would be low because I feel like at this point, Jordan Love is hot garbage. That could change after a year or two starting but I haven’t liked what I’ve seen from him so far.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-26T13:33:16Z
No veterans players with little time left wants to be a part of a rebuild.

Sounds like Rodgers welcomes the idea of returning to the Packers if he doesn't choose to retire and they're trying to win a Superbowl now.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-26T18:01:23Z
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Well my expectations would be low because I feel like at this point, Jordan Love is hot garbage. That could change after a year or two starting but I haven’t liked what I’ve seen from him so far.

We've seen one game where he ran the scheme based on Aaron's strengths and tendencies and one half where he ran an Aaron-based screen with scrubs.

Give him another off season. Matt made RG3 look like Joe Montana his rookie year. Let's see what he can do with Love.
nerdmann
2022-01-26T19:31:49Z
Is he willing to play for the minimum, so we can keep a bunch of guys on defense? Make another run?

"Might come back ."
Zero2Cool
2022-01-26T20:16:21Z
Andrew Brandt is thinking multiple first round picks.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-26T20:18:01Z

We've seen one game where he ran the scheme based on Aaron's strengths and tendencies and one half where he ran an Aaron-based screen with scrubs.

Give him another off season. Matt made RG3 look like Joe Montana his rookie year. Let's see what he can do with Love.

That was a lot more than Matt... but Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay might also had some input and RG3 ran a lot and didn't have many good seasons.

Also interesting that you won't except factual information for Rodgers but you give Love all the excuses I'm the world.... biased much?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-26T20:30:52Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

That was a lot more than Matt... but Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay might also had some input and RG3 ran a lot and didn't have many good seasons.

Also interesting that you won't except factual information for Rodgers but you give Love all the excuses I'm the world.... biased much?

I give nothing but facts. RG3 looked like a future star his rookie year. FACT. Subsequently face planted. FACT. We haven't seen Love in a system playing to his strengths, protecting his weaknesses. FACT.

Does Love still need to work on his footwork? Yeah. Is it guaranteed that he will be The Man? Nope. But I trust Matt as a QB whisperer.
Zero2Cool
2022-01-27T17:59:21Z
Two 1st round picks and one 3rd round pick for Matthew Stafford. I would think the Packers could get a little more for Aaron Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-27T20:14:01Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Two 1st round picks and one 3rd round pick for Matthew Stafford. I would think the Packers could get a little more for Aaron Rodgers.

Arguably they got a 1st round for taking the bad Goff contract off the Rams hands.

Though yes, I'd want more than two 1st, though I doubt three first would be likely. Though it also depends how high those first picks are...

Right now the Broncos have pick numbers 9, 40, 63, 75, 95 in the 2022 draft... that's basically equaled to more than picks number 30, 31 and 32. Heck according to a draft calculator it's more than 20, 21 and 22. So whole it's less than two 1st it might have more value.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-27T20:16:27Z

I give nothing but facts. RG3 looked like a future star his rookie year. FACT. Subsequently face planted. FACT. We haven't seen Love in a system playing to his strengths, protecting his weaknesses. FACT.

Does Love still need to work on his footwork? Yeah. Is it guaranteed that he will be The Man? Nope. But I trust Matt as a QB whisperer.

The lack of factual was towards your Rodgers comments, not to your Love comments. You just always see the green as greener on the other side, even if it's brown as dirt.

And no those aren't all facts, those are your opinions, stop mistaking your opinion as fact. Thanks.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-01-27T20:25:12Z

The lack of factual was towards your Rodgers comments, not to your Love comments. You just always see the green as greener on the other side, even if it's brown as dirt.

And no those aren't all facts, those are your opinions, stop mistaking your opinion as fact. Thanks.

The only opinions around here that are facts are my opinions! YA ALL BETTER RECONGIZE!!

But yeah, I wouldn't want to be part of a rebuild either. If it was a one year turn around, maybe, but are we one year away? What's salary cap gonna look like? What prospects in college? What free agents? So many crystal ball type questions.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
2022-01-27T20:52:22Z
I think he is sent off to Denver for 2 1sts and a 2nd and a player or like baseball they take the dead cap money if that's possible. I like the tag and trade Adams also maybe for a 1st and Juedy.

As for Love I will be interested to see how Matt schemes his offense to fit Love's strengths. Will there be more RPO in the offense instead of straight-back passing?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
beast
2022-01-27T20:58:43Z
If the Broncos want to trade for a QB, I'm guessing Gute has a QB that they'll just Love! 💕
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-01-27T21:11:24Z

If the Broncos want to trade for a QB, I'm guessing Gute has a QB that they'll just Love! 💕

You imagine the uproar if Broncos ship off their 9th overall and one of their 2nd round picks even up for Jordan Love? People would be praising the hell out of Brian G. Yes, I know this won't happen, but it's a hypothetical, go with it.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-27T21:18:48Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You imagine the uproar if Broncos ship off their 9th overall and one of their 2nd round picks even up for Jordan Love? People would be praising the hell out of Brian G. Yes, I know this won't happen, but it's a hypothetical, go with it.

I just completed a.mock draft where I had the Broncos trade their 2nd round pick from the Rams for QB Love.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-27T21:39:54Z

I just completed a.mock draft where I had the Broncos trade their 2nd round pick from the Rams for QB Love.

They already have Drew Lock.