Discussion Board
nerdmann
2022-01-26T23:11:08Z
Make him as offer, Gute.

Unlike Aaron Rodgers, Rasul Douglas Knows He Wants to Be With the Packers in 2022: ‘I Built a Family Here’ 

Quote:

Douglas is young enough that he could very well attract the big bucks in free agency. Whether or not the Packers will have the cap space or desire to hand them out to him is another conversation.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
2022-01-26T23:33:00Z
I watched his interview, he said it’s not about the money and when asked what it would take to get him back here, he responded “all they gotta do is ask me to come back”.

Also- how about we don’t make another topic about Aaron Rodgers “wanting out”? Cool.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2022-01-27T00:14:36Z
Wow....a guy that’s not yelling “show me the money!!!!”😂

Now.....will the be true? I don’t know. I guess we will see.

Davonte Adams seems to be all about the money. Which is sad.
And would.....uh......an unnamed QB, give the Packers a hometown discount to stay another year?

There is so much unknown for next year. Will we even recognize the team when the season begins? I don’t know.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-27T03:48:07Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wow....a guy that’s not yelling “show me the money!!!!”😂

Now.....will the be true? I don’t know. I guess we will see.

Davonte Adams seems to be all about the money. Which is sad.
And would.....uh......an unnamed QB, give the Packers a hometown discount to stay another year?

There is so much unknown for next year. Will we even recognize the team when the season begins? I don’t know.

Adams sure wasn't all about the money last time he had his contract up, and honestly I'm guessing it's more about the respect that players give as a guy that's earned top dollar.

Like Bakhtiari got #1 OT money, even though he was quickly passed by the 49ers LT.

Adams probably wants #1 WR money, not the money, but the respect to say he earned #1 WR money and he's the best WR in the NFL, and also because he knows that even if he gets it, he'll be quickly passed, as a large increase in the cap is coming in 2023, so even if he gets #1 WR money, someone will likely be passing him soon.

Also Douglas has had 5 teams let him go... Adams has had 0.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2022-01-27T04:55:50Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Adams sure wasn't all about the money last time he had his contract up, and honestly I'm guessing it's more about the respect that players give as a guy that's earned top dollar.

Like Bakhtiari got #1 OT money, even though he was quickly passed by the 49ers LT.

Adams probably wants #1 WR money, not the money, but the respect to say he earned #1 WR money and he's the best WR in the NFL, and also because he knows that even if he gets it, he'll be quickly passed, as a large increase in the cap is coming in 2023, so even if he gets #1 WR money, someone will likely be passing him soon.

All true.
But Adams has stated that he won’t play for a lower amount of money in order to stay with the Packers.
So, he wants #1 money. I doubt the Packers will be able to afford to keep him.
The only time I remember a pro athelete taking a lot less money to stay with the team that drafted him was Robin Yount with the Milwaukee Brewers.
It can happen, but it’s rare.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2022-01-27T05:49:03Z

But I think Adams wasn't all about money because he didn't have the leverage positioning that he does now. When he signed his extension, all he had under his belt was his solid rookie season in 2014, his "Drop-vante" season in 2015 and his breakout year in 2016. Plus at age 30, it'll be his last chance at a big payday.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2022-01-27T15:31:39Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

But I think Adams wasn't all about money because he didn't have the leverage positioning that he does now. When he signed his extension, all he had under his belt was his solid rookie season in 2014, his "Drop-vante" season in 2015 and his breakout year in 2016. Plus at age 30, it'll be his last chance at a big payday.

He had four years under his belt, including getting almost 900 yards with Hundley at QB for over half the year.

He didn't have the leverage that he does now, but he or his agent, clearly didn't fully use their leverage in 2017 as many were thinking he probably would of got a better deal then, though if that was on purpose or a mistake by them, I don't think any of us can say... and maybe Ball was able to talk them into a lesser amount due to his stats, we don't know.

But I feel like currently, Adams is all about trying to prove he is the #1 WR in the NFL... in everything, including but not limited to contract value.

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2022-01-27T22:31:13Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

All true.
But Adams has stated that he won’t play for a lower amount of money in order to stay with the Packers.
So, he wants #1 money. I doubt the Packers will be able to afford to keep him.
The only time I remember a pro athelete taking a lot less money to stay with the team that drafted him was Robin Yount with the Milwaukee Brewers.
It can happen, but it’s rare.

I’m pretty sure Aaron Jones took less to stay in Green Bay.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2022-01-27T22:37:43Z

He had four years under his belt, including getting almost 900 yards with Hundley at QB for over half the year.

He didn't have the leverage that he does now, but he or his agent, clearly didn't fully use their leverage in 2017 as many were thinking he probably would of got a better deal then, though if that was on purpose or a mistake by them, I don't think any of us can say... and maybe Ball was able to talk them into a lesser amount due to his stats, we don't know.

But I feel like currently, Adams is all about trying to prove he is the #1 WR in the NFL... in everything, including but not limited to contract value.

You're right about the contract signing. For some reason I thought it happened early in the season. But I think I got the timing mixed up with the nasty hit he took vs the Bears. So it might have been the concussions he had that kept his price lower.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers