Cheesey
a year ago
The father of the shooter said his son "was not a monster".
Let's see.....killed two teachers and 19 defenseless innocent children. Oh....let's not forget he also shot his grandmother IN THE FACE. Of course his father is also a criminal.
I wonder how many people would his son have to murder before his Dad would consider him a monster???
Yeah, maybe the kid was bullied. I was bullied all the time in school. I didn't grab one of my Dad's guns and go on a shooting rampage.
I see too much of attempts to make a criminal a victim and the victim out to be a criminal today.
The poor families of the victims....send your child off to school, and never see them again....they will be going through a living hell the rest of their lives.
This is one of the few times in my life where I'm glad I never had any children. This world seems to be going down the drain faster every year.
I pray for the families.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

Guns are not the problem, but the ease of obtaining one is a problem. However, you'll note that two of the three I listed the weapons were obtained legally. So, maybe stricter gun purchasing laws could help reduce the firearm violence.

Australia banned guns, period. They just banned them. I'm not sure if it's every gun, but a good majority are banned. You speak of the black market. You have to realize that the black market will be marginalized and once supply and demand change, you will NOT be able to buy a gun for $50. That $50 gun today will be $5,000 after guns are abolished. This has been proven in Australia and by basic economics.

I am not saying abolishing every gun that holds more than 12 rounds is the only answer, or the only solution, or even THE answer/solution. Because if some idiot wants to harm people, they will find a way, even if it's by a knife like the Osaka massacre that left 8 children dead and over a dozen injured.

Do I think civilians should have such easy access to weapons that can shoot 25+ rounds in a clip? No, not really. If you're that bad at hunting animals, you should pick up a different hobby. I've heard the argument about the Revolutionary War so many times and it's so obvious how many people failed history class. We wouldn't be fighting muskets vs muskets. We would be fighting semi-automatic weapons vs drones, tanks, planes and a ton of other wicked nasty stuff.

I guess to sum up this rambling here. I don't think less guns is the solution. I know more guns is NOT the solution. I just think we have to do more to be better people. And for god sake, can we stop plastering these tragedies all over the place giving these cowards 15 minutes of "fame"?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ok as a person that has many firearms and carries all the time unless I am at work and I still have one in my truck if the shit hits the fan. My wife still laughs at me when we goto a restaurant to eat because I always have to be facing the entry so I can see who is coming in. I went thru all the training to carry and have been taught if you don't plan to eliminate the threat don't carry a gun. As in eliminating the threat that is shoot to kill not wound.

Now lets start picking apart your theories a little, Guns are not the problem, but the ease of obtaining one is a problem. However, you'll note that two of the three I listed the weapons were obtained legally. So, maybe stricter gun purchasing laws could help reduce the firearm violence.

I take it you have never tried to buy a gun, you have to go thru a background check thru your state police. Also until a few years ago you couldn't get a pistol the same day, so I have no idea where you talk about the ease of getting a gun, thats pure MSM talk. Now if you want to do it illegally thats very easy to get a gun, when I lived in Kenosha I would see my neighbor pull up and if I wanted any type of gun he would have it in his trunk. That you will never stop as the government needs that to keep the divide.

Australia banned guns, period. They just banned them. I'm not sure if it's every gun, but a good majority are banned. You speak of the black market. You have to realize that the black market will be marginalized and once supply and demand change, you will NOT be able to buy a gun for $50. That $50 gun today will be $5,000 after guns are abolished. This has been proven in Australia and by basic economics.

That is correct they banned guns and now they are one of the world leaders in murders with knives, also you didn't see how during the pandemic they put people in concentration camps if they didn't get the jab, See that is what our 2nd amendment is all about, it is not to protect yourself it is to protect the people from the government. You have no clue most guns are put back on the streets that get confiscated and also they come in from the cartels and gangs from all over the world. There will never be a shortage of guns, and also a gun is not that hard to make.

Do I think civilians should have such easy access to weapons that can shoot 25+ rounds in a clip? No, not really. If you're that bad at hunting animals, you should pick up a different hobby. I've heard the argument about the Revolutionary War so many times and it's so obvious how many people failed history class. We wouldn't be fighting muskets vs muskets. We would be fighting semi-automatic weapons vs drones, tanks, planes, and a ton of other wicked nasty stuff. But a bunch of people with rifles that will fire 1 bullet every time you pull the trigger can still defeat an army with the other things. I always tell everyone give me one rife with 1 bullet and I will survive a war, it's called kill and take their weapons.

Now the easiest fix is just the opposite of what the Dems are saying, let's try like cities in Georgia and other states are doing and that is to make a law stating every house owner must have a firearm, and for the schools to get rid of the gun-free zones and let the teachers carry and it will stop a lot of these types of shootings. How many mass shootings do you see at a gun show or at a shooting range? The safest states to live in have the most lenient gun laws and those are facts, just like the cities with the most gun murders have the strictest gun laws. Everyone has the right to their opinion but it's better when they also know the facts. BTW look up Nelson Georgia and kenneshaw Georgia those cites you have to have a gun in your house.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
Now I want to talk a little about the school shooting that happened. First off I don't believe it was meant to be a school shooting, and let me explain. First, he shoots his grandma over a cell phone bill apparently, and then flees the scene and gets into an accident. I haven't seen anything on what caused that but now he takes his "long rifle" and a pistol and runs to the side of the school and goes into a door. Now, why did he go to the side door and not the front door that he knew would be open? Ok so now he is in the school and he barricades himself in a room, why would you ever corner yourself if you plan on doing a mass shooting ( sounds sick but now you just limited how many people he can kill) and he also just gave the police the advantage as they know where he is and can move in. Yes, I have heard now they waited for almost an hour to end the threat which throws up another red flag. So a few other things strike me as funny about the whole thing, he has 2 Aaron Rodgers platform guns in the car but only takes one and a pistol. If the pistol was a 9mm then he limited himself to a 12-round clip compared to a 30-round and now you have 2 guns that use the same mags. Also, I thought it was interesting when the reports came out saying he was wearing body armor but he didn't have any plates for it. So he was basically wearing just a vest and not body armor. Now my biggest red flag came from the types of guns he had, These were Daniels's Defense rifles that cost anywhere between 1 and 3 thousand dollars apiece. Where does an 18 yr old dropout with no job come up with $4000 to buy these 2 guns? I hate saying this but doesn't it seem like every time the Democrats are in trouble when they control the government we end up with a school shooting? Look up their history of them and you might be shocked. Don't get me wrong my thoughts and prayers go out for those families but things just don't add up. Also why did the police sit back and wait an hour before ending the situation? Just some things I thought of right away that wasn't adding up.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Great posts Dhazer!
Let's put "Gun free zone" signs up everywhere if they work so well! And then put up "No Crime zone" in every neighborhood!
That will stop the evil people!!!
Political correctness doesn't stop evil people from doing evil deeds.
I have a sign with a picture of a gun and the words "We don't dial 911" on it. I figure that if some crook wants to break into a house, he will most likely pick a different home if he thinks he might meet with serious resistance. (Which he would!)
As I have stated several times, criminals love unarmed victims.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.