Cheesey
a year ago
Kevin, I agree that commiting a crime shouldn't cost you your life. And if a criminal complies with the police, they will get due process. If they resist, a cop has to make a split second decision. If he pauses, HE might be the one ending up dead. The idiot in Kenosha was warned over and over by the cops to surrender. They kept screaming at him to give himself up. They even tazed him, which had no effect. The video shows that. He got shot because he refused to give himself up.
And Floyd, I saw in TV a mural on a huge wall showing him with angel wings, and talking how good he was. No one is perfect, but trying to pass off how he was some kind of innocent victim and making cops out to be devils sickens me.
And Martha, don't be sorry to bring up the subject. Ignoring it doesn't solve anything. I've been called horrible names before for stating how I feel on this subject. Yet the person that called me those names didn't give any counter points to show how what I said wasn't true.
Just hate for me for saying it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Kevin, I agree that commiting a crime shouldn't cost you your life. And if a criminal complies with the police, they will get due process. If they resist, a cop has to make a split second decision. If he pauses, HE might be the one ending up dead. The idiot in Kenosha was warned over and over by the cops to surrender. They kept screaming at him to give himself up. They even tazed him, which had no effect. The video shows that. He got shot because he refused to give himself up.

And Floyd, I saw in TV a mural on a huge wall showing him with angel wings, and talking how good he was. No one is perfect, but trying to pass off how he was some kind of innocent victim and making cops out to be devils sickens me.

And Martha, don't be sorry to bring up the subject. Ignoring it doesn't solve anything. I've been called horrible names before for stating how I feel on this subject. Yet the person that called me those names didn't give any counter points to show how what I said wasn't true.
Just hate for me for saying it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Floyd wasn't innocent, in my opinion, but also I don't feel I witnessed anything that merited his death.

And yes, officers have to make a decision in real time, not in hindsight and have true skin in the game. We seem to get blasted over and over with the very FEW bad apples and ignore the 99% that do their job well and kick ass serving us daily, and silently.

I see you mentioned calling names. I hope you don't think I'm calling you names or anything. I believe we see eye-to-eye on this for the most part. One thing that pisses me off is people talking that if an officer gets wounded or dies, well, that's part of the job. As if they are not fathers, not mothers, not sons, not daughters, not uncles, not aunts, not freaking human beings!! Yet, when someone resists arrest they are the victim of anything that happens afterward. One thing those viral videos have shown EVERYONE is that if you resist, sheet might go sideways real quick. I ain't saying it's right, just saying it might be prudent to obey them because there really is no positive outcome to resisting, innocent or not.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I apologize for even bringing up the subject of Kaepernick. I didn’t know it would lead here.

I enjoy this site immensely, even when you boys make fun of me, because it takes my mind off all of the divisiveness and hate which seem to permeate every single political or economic debate in society today.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

No worries. I feel this conversation has been civil. If it goes sideways, well, I will have to triple your membership fees!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Kevin! I didn't mean you about the name calling! It was back when the Floyd thing happened, and I said pretty much what I said now. A member here called me a "piece of s**t". I don't remember who it was. But that was all they said.
And the cop that knelt on Floyd's neck deserves to be held accountable for Floyd's death. He should have stopped once Floyd was cuffed.
Like you said, 99% of the cops are great at their jobs, and are painted as bad because of the less then 1% of bad cops.
I heard someone say once, "if someone tries to break into your home, who are you going to call? The drug dealer down the street, or the police?"
The police are NOT the bad guys.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago

No worries. I feel this conversation has been civil. If it goes sideways, well, I will have to triple your membership fees!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's not kidding, Martha! He QUADRUPLED my membership fees when I once disagreed with him!
(Dang TIRANT!!!)
Uh oh......I bet he will raise my fees again!

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Kevin! I didn't mean you about the name calling! It was back when the Floyd thing happened, and I said pretty much what I said now. A member here called me a "piece of s**t". I don't remember who it was. But that was all they said.
And the cop that knelt on Floyd's neck deserves to be held accountable for Floyd's death. He should have stopped once Floyd was cuffed.
Like you said, 99% of the cops are great at their jobs, and are painted as bad because of the less then 1% of bad cops.
I heard someone say once, "if someone tries to break into your home, who are you going to call? The drug dealer down the street, or the police?"
The police are NOT the bad guys.

I have no idea why anyone would call the drug dealer. I'm calling the police to let them know I'm gonna try killing whoever is in my house in the name of self defense. Well, IF necessary of course.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

He's not kidding, Martha! He QUADRUPLED my membership fees when I once disagreed with him!
(Dang TIRANT!!!)
Uh oh......I bet he will raise my fees again!

Your broke ass is so far behind, I'd have to take your kidney to even try breaking even!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago

Your broke ass is so far behind, I'd have to take your kidney to even try breaking even!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My ass isn't broke! It's just cracked!🤪
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Again, I 100% don't trust Sapp as a reporter...

Also to hit this from another angle, the Raiders already got David Carr as starter, and traded for the head coaches long term project QB in Jarrett Stidham, and signed Nick Mullens, whom arguably has been the best #3 QB in the NFL and started for the Browns almost beating the Raiders last year.

The Raiders don't exactly need another QB, unless they're sure that QB can beat out the head coaches long term pet project Jarrett Stidham for #2 QB.

So was giving Kap a tryout, simply a PR stunt post Gruden comments and maybe NFL stunt, where Goodell has been known to pressure teams for PR favors.

And yes I stand by my comments that Kap was blackballed, the comparison to DeShaun Watson is non-existent, as Watson is (or was when he lasted played), a truely elite QB. Kaepernick was a system QB and the system he would for best in, was out of fad when he became a FA, and has mostly stayed out of fad.

You can't argue that there are 15 QBs better then Watson when he lasted played. You could argue there were 25 QB better than Kap when he lasted played. They're not in the same ball park of talent.

That being said, there clearly were not 64 QBs better than Kap, just no owner wanted that drama for a guy that's clearly not a QB1. Also again, the system he would fit bet with was out of the NFL, except the Ravens, whom reportedly we're going to sign him, with Ray Lewis pushing for it, until Kap's GF or Wife, for whatever stupid read went to social media and started attacking the Ravens owner...

So yes Kap was blackballed, but I think it's fair to say, his GF/wife also caused some of that... the system he beat fit going out of fad caused some of that, and maybe most importantly, the media focusing so much on QBs and Kap's unclear QB1 status caused a hell lot of that, as teams don't want drama for a backup role, as we have also seen with Tim Tebow. Nor a starting role player like Punter Marquette King.

So it's the norm for teams to reject players whom create extra media noise that could be seen as distracting when the players isn't a clear star.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

So was giving Kap a tryout, simply a PR stunt post Gruden comments and maybe NFL stunt, where Goodell has been known to pressure teams for PR favors.

Originally Posted by: beast 

This is a good point I hadn't considered.

You can't argue that there are 15 QBs better then Watson when he lasted played. You could argue there were 25 QB better than Kap when he lasted played. They're not in the same ball park of talent.

Which is why no one is bringing Kaepernick on their team. Also, I would argue there were much more than 25 QB's I'd rather have quarterbacking my team than Kaepernick, again, I never saw much in him as a QB other than a rocket arm and damn good runner. He'd be a deft gimmick guy. He couldn't throw guys open, he could hit them when they broke free though.

That being said, there clearly were not 64 QBs better than Kap, just no owner wanted that drama for a guy that's clearly not a QB1. Also again, the system he would fit bet with was out of the NFL, except the Ravens, whom reportedly we're going to sign him, with Ray Lewis pushing for it, until Kap's GF or Wife, for whatever stupid read went to social media and started attacking the Ravens owner...

And what about Kaepernick not wanting to be backup and also the report/rumor about him wanting X amount and priced himself out? Watson is proof that if a player can help you win, he'll be signed.

So yes Kap was blackballed, but I think it's fair to say, his GF/wife also caused some of that... the system he beat fit going out of fad caused some of that, and maybe most importantly, the media focusing so much on QBs and Kap's unclear QB1 status caused a hell lot of that, as teams don't want drama for a backup role, as we have also seen with Tim Tebow. Nor a starting role player like Punter Marquette King.

I don't see how Kaepernick was blackballed, or I don't know the definition. Do I think teams wanted to bring him in to see what he could do? Yes. Do I think they chose not to because of his contract demands AND the pending circus? Yes. I don't think that's being blackballed, I think that's a matter of circumstances.

That being said, even though I think there were 64 QB's better than him back then, I was surprised he didn't land on someone's NINETY MAN roster. Then again, you sign him and then cut him, you're blasted and hated so really, Kaepernick did an admirable thing (regardless if you support it or not) by following his beliefs, it ultimately cost him his career because of the situation it put the team that would sign him in.

So it's the norm for teams to reject players whom create extra media noise that could be seen as distracting when the players isn't a clear star.

Yep, teams don't want a distraction that is not worth it. Basically comes to is the juice worth the squeeze? SOMEHOW, Watson is and Kaepernick is not.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.