Zero2Cool
2 months ago
The Romeo Doubs TD drop vs Patriots. Matt LaFleur said his replay guy said it's a drop, don't challenge. LaFleur went and challenged anyway and after the game said it was "emotional" challenge. He also said he'll learn from it. Bullsnot!! He's said this same damn thing multiple times every season now. He doesn't learn!! It could have cost us the game.

And someone needs to slap Aaron Rodgers. Look, I don't care about first half time outs that much and I think we fans go off the rails way too easily about it. And about the play being snapped under five seconds. We're not the only team that does it. That being said, second half, we can't be dumbasses with them timeouts. If you don't like a look, SO WHAT, make it work! You only get three per half!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 months ago
I agree. Aaron Rodgers has been in the league long enough to make a call and get the play off. Wasting timeouts has become too often for him.
It shouldn't take the entire play clock to get the ball snapped.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 months ago
I honestly don't understand why 2nd half timeouts are being deemed more valuable than 1st half timeouts...

They're equal value, and the half's are equal value, you can score late right before the half, just like you can at the end of the game... protect those timeouts
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago
Originally Posted by: beast 

I honestly don't understand why 2nd half timeouts are being deemed more valuable than 1st half timeouts...

They're equal value, and the half's are equal value, you can score late right before the half, just like you can at the end of the game... protect those timeouts

Based on my logic, it's quite simple. You can't lose/win the game in the first half. You can in the second half. Therefore, they are not equal value. Second half has the edge in value for the mere fact that you can win/lose the game in the second half.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 months ago
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Based on my logic, it's quite simple. You can't lose/win the game in the first half. You can in the second half. Therefore, they are not equal value. Second half has the edge in value for the mere fact that you can win/lose the game in the second half.

I would say teams have equal chances to score points in the first half as they do in the second half ...

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 months ago
Even though both half's are the same, the second half SEEMS to be more important as it's the last chance to win the game.
At the end of the first half, even if you are way behind, you still have the hope of a second half comeback.
Thus, second half timeouts might be your last shot at winning, where timeouts might be the difference between a win and a loss.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago

I would say teams have equal chances to score points in the first half as they do in the second half ...

I would say, no shit sherlock.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
2 months ago
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Even though both half's are the same, the second half SEEMS to be more important as it's the last chance to win the game.
At the end of the first half, even if you are way behind, you still have the hope of a second half comeback.
Thus, second half timeouts might be your last shot at winning, where timeouts might be the difference between a win and a loss.

I agree - but also hate seeing wasted opportunities. If you have your timeouts and the ball before the half - it gives a chance to gain points. Sometimes even a 3 before half time can be a huge difference maker in close games.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2 months ago
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That is pretty much where my logic falls as I can't recall a team winning or losing in the first half. Typically (unless a shortened game) you have that final two quarters to overcome a point deficiency created in the first half. That's just my logic, ain't saying it's the only one. It's just why I value the final three timeouts more than the first three.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago
Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

I agree - but also hate seeing wasted opportunities. If you have your timeouts and the ball before the half - it gives a chance to gain points. Sometimes even a 3 before half time can be a huge difference maker in close games.

This is also very true. I've heard coaches and players talking about momentum going into half time. When Giants got that hail mary TD against us, Packers said it was demoralizing. And same thing when Packers got their TD at halftime, Giants said it deflated them. So, that going into half time momentum thing can be huge. If a team marches down the field and can't stop the clock. That's a huge lift for the defense.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 months ago

That is pretty much where my logic falls as I can't recall a team winning or losing in the first half.

You don't remember the Time Brady halftime dager over Kevin King?

Well then you are lying to yourself, suggesting the second half ones are more important, if it's actually equal, which as you said, no shit sherlock...

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago

You don't remember the Time Brady halftime dager over Kevin King?

I've blocked that one out. Maybe trauma blockage?

Well then you are lying to yourself, suggesting the second half ones are more important, if it's actually equal, which as you said, no shit sherlock...

I'm lying to myself? Excuse me? Who the fuck do you think you are? Listen, you disagree with my logic, that is fine, but don't be a mother fucking asshole about it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 months ago
Wow.....so many "pissing contests" going on here.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 months ago

I'm lying to myself? Excuse me? Who the fuck do you think you are? Listen, you disagree with my logic, that is fine, but don't be a mother fucking asshole about it.

Yeah, you'd never say an asshole thing like...

UserPostedImage