dd80forever
14 years ago
PackersHome name: DD80FOREVER
Real Name (first only): Andy
Current City: Bolivar,Ohio
Hometown: Bolivar

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Just random. Love Donald Driver

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in this town with my Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother. It's small town USA. Lots of farms and genuine people.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Played Football, was a combo FB/HB even though I was slow. Our teams were never really any good but I had a great time. Also played a little basketball and actually still do in a pick-up league.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Just being a kid was great. Camping with my 4 best friends. We were inseperable. We were 13-14 years old and just living life from morning to night. No bills, no kids, no worries. Best days of my life.

5) What was your first job?

My first job was in a mailroom. I was 16 years old and my buddies mom was employed there. I only worked weekends though.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Completely random. I remember being 5 and saying "I like the Packers". There was no rhyme or reason why.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

The year the Packers went to the SB my son was born. The day before the Super Bowl my son's mother was due. That day we went to the hospital because she was having some pain. I thought I was doomed and was going to miss the SB. However the doctor sent her home and he arrived the week after.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

I was a member of the old Packerforum. I know I disagree with people alot but it makes it more fun having differing viewpoints.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

All of them. Bigtime Celtics fan, and yes I was a C's fan since the mid 80's. I like The Brewers and Badgers, and the Bruins.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Coaching sports. I coach All 3, football, baseball and basketball. Basketball and Baseball at middle school level and football at the high school level. I don't ever get a break, I go from one sport to another.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Any would be fine but I would have loved to enjoy the ride with the 96 SB team.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

I live about 11 hours away. When my son was 8 we took off and went up there for a TB game which GB lost. I also hit it up for family night last year as we were already vacationing at the Dells. I've seen them several times away however. Twice in Cleveland and once in Buffalo. I also attended the Hall of Fame game twice when the Packers played. Once against the Raiders and once against KC, thougfh that game got cancelled because of lightening.

13) What is your worst fear?

Something happening to my son and being broke.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Coaching and playing sports. Hanging out with my Son fishing and camping

15) Whats your favorite food?

A Big Ol' Hamburger, nothing is better!

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Took a 2 Week trip to Hawaii when I was 23. Definitely my favorite. I've been to several places in Canada. Used to take trips to Windsor when I was younger alot. I've been all along the Eastern Border to NC, SC, VA, MD, GA along with Florida on the gulf side. Other than that PA, KY, WV, IA,IN,IL, CA, UT and Wisconsin several times.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

I want to camp out in the deserts out west.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Montana, away from it all.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1 Brett Favre
2 Donald Driver
3. Keith Jackson
4 William Henderson
5. Santana Dotson

20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?

I don't really use the Bells and Whistles. I just like Zero doesn't ban me, LOL.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

How about Obi1
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Howdy Andy.

The year the Packers went to the SB my son was born. The day before the Super Bowl my son's mother was due. That day we went to the hospital because she was having some pain. I thought I was doomed and was going to miss the SB. However the doctor sent her home and he arrived the week after.

Did you thank your kid? I would have. That's very considerate of him. Saw Dad was going to miss the Super Bowl and decided to stay in another week.

I bet he's the type of kid who does his chores without even having to be reminded.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
14 years ago
Thanks for submitting the interview, Andy.

Good Read.. Question for you.. how many hours a week during the season do you put in as a football coach at the high school level.

Been asked almost yearly.. looking for an outside opinion of the actual time commitment at that level. Between practicing, games, and watching film.

Thanks Again.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dd80forever
14 years ago

I bet he's the type of kid who does his chores without even having to be reminded.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I wish. Actually he the kind of kid who you have to physically threaten to do chores!
blank
dd80forever
14 years ago

Thanks for submitting the interview, Andy.

Good Read.. Question for you.. how many hours a week during the season do you put in as a football coach at the high school level.

Been asked almost yearly.. looking for an outside opinion of the actual time commitment at that level. Between practicing, games, and watching film.

Thanks Again.

"pack93z" wrote:

Well, I actually have it pretty easy as I don't have another position at the school. Actual time spent with the kids is about 16-20 hours a week. That is including some voluntary weight lifting. We spend about 2 hours a day on the field and an hour a day in the weight room. Gameday usually takes more time and involves pre-game and some travel so my Fridays are pretty hectic. We usually keep that schedule M-Thurs. Saturdays are scattered in as well. I only spend about 2 hours with the kids actually breaking down tape per week.

Now as far as the time I spend on it, that's a whole different story. It's not uncommon for me to be sitting here watching tape at 3am. I'd say with the preperation, coaches meetings, etc thats a good 15-20 hours.

On average it's probably 35-40 hours a week total.

On a sidenote, everything I do is scattered. My wife has 3 kids and I have 1 so peace and quiet doesn't exist here. It's not uncommon for me to be running between my office breajing down the opponent and throwing food on a plate for the kids. She is also in Nursing School so everything is 100 MPH everyday.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
Thanks Andy..

The Coaching Staff keeps asking me to join the staff.. part of the reason I keep saying "no" is the time commitment and obsession I would have with it if I got in. Can't time wise afford another 30 Hours a week at this point.

Thanks for the input.. appreciated.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dd80forever
14 years ago

Thanks Andy..

The Coaching Staff keeps asking me to join the staff.. part of the reason I keep saying "no" is the time commitment and obsession I would have with it if I got in. Can't time wise afford another 30 Hours a week at this point.

Thanks for the input.. appreciated.

"pack93z" wrote:

You got to do it man, Obsession is the right word. I love it so much. Nothing like watching something you've worked on for countless hours play out right in front of you.

It's the biggest rush you can get. Being there for the kids and building relationships is priceless as well.

The highs are sky high and the lows are EXTREME lows but I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Listen Pack93, I am telling you if you have the chance to do it, don't put it off or let it pass you by. If you are passionate about it, go do it. Pick your phone up this instant and make the call. You will not regret it one bit!
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I wish. Actually he the kind of kid who you have to physically threaten to do chores!

"dd80forever" wrote:

Bummer.

Maybe your kid and my kid went to the same school of chore avoidance.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
14 years ago
Great read Andy!
It's fun to get a "different" view of the posters here.
I don't always agree with what you write, but you arn't rude or nasty, and i respect that!
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
14 years ago
nice to meet another farm kid on the site! 🙂
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.