Mucky Tundra
11 days ago

Cooper DeJean leads the list of top prospects remaining after the first round of the draft.

The Green Bay Packers  made their first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft  late on Thursday night, selecting Arizona offensive lineman Jordan Morgan with the 25th overall selection in round one. Green Bay should have plenty of options on day two of the draft, however, as the hold four picks in rounds two and three and have a number of intriguing prospects still on the board.

Leading the way among potential Packers targets will be Iowa DB Cooper DeJean, who surprisingly fell out of round one. DeJean is arguably the best remaining player on the board, and that is indeed the case when looking at the NFL Mock Draft Database consensus draft board .

Based on that board, here are the top remaining players as the draft heads into night two, where the Packers hold picks 41, 58, 88, and 91:

Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa

Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

AD Mitchell, WR, Texas

Jackson Powers-Johnson, OL, Oregon

Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State 

Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri

Zach Frazier, OL, West VIrginia

Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan

Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU 

Braden Fiske, DT, Florida STate

Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M 

Peyton Wilson, LB, NC State 

Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota

Jonathan Brooks, RB, Texas

Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan

Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan

Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

T.J. Tampa, CB, Iowa State 

Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama

Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia

Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas State 

Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 

Javon Bullard, S, Georgia

Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas

Michael Hall, Jr., DT, Ohio State 

Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

Continue Reading @ Evan "Tex" Western 

Evan "Tex" Western wrote:

Gimme two from Newton/Cooper/Sainristil and I will be happy.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
11 days ago
It's hard to take these lists seriously because these same folks said many of these kids wouldn't be available in round two.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
11 days ago

It's hard to take these lists seriously because these same folks said many of these kids wouldn't be available in round two.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

And a good number of these guys were pegged as 2nd rounders, so I guess we'll find out which of them were actually 3rd rounders 😉
UserPostedImage
11 days ago
for viewing ease:
1. Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
2. Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
3. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
4. AD Mitchell, WR, Texas
5. Jackson Powers-Johnson, OL, Oregon
6. Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
7. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
8. Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri
9. Zach Frazier, OL, West VIrginia
10. Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan
11. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
12. Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
13. Braden Fiske, DT, Florida STate
14. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
15. Peyton Wilson, LB, NC State
16. Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
17. Jonathan Brooks, RB, Texas
18. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan
19. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
20. Trey Benson, RB, Florida State
21. T.J. Tampa, CB, Iowa State
22. Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
23. Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
24. Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan
25. Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas State
26. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers
27. Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
28. Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
29. Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
30. Michael Hall, Jr., DT, Ohio State
31. Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
32. Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

Go Packers!!!!
Mucky Tundra
10 days ago
One thing I noticed while playing with the mock draft simulator is how much value there is in the 2nd and 3rd round for GB this year. The off the ball LB and S class is a weak one this year but all the best ones are in the 2nd and 3rd, lots of IOL depth, some good dline guys and RBs and those are all positions that GB could use a body at (I dare say Gute knew what he was doing by getting that Jets conditional 2nd rounder and trading for the Bills 3rd). It was fun trying to build trades to move up but ultimately sitting pat or moving back a few spots to pick up day 3 picks worked really well.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
10 days ago
I never say this.

We might want to chew up some later round and future draft capital to get more into this 2nd round, especially early.

I'm choking back the bile while typing.
10 days ago

We might want to chew up some later round and future draft capital to get more into this 2nd round, especially early.

I'm choking back the bile while typing.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Apparently you are not the only one thinking they should trade up

Report: The Packers are trying to trade up in round 2 of 2024 NFL Draft
General manager Brian Gutekunst might be able to land defensive back Cooper DeJean after all.

By Justis Mosqueda Apr 26, 2024, 2:05pm CDT 9 Comments / 9 New

According to the NFL Network, there are a couple of teams trying to move up in the second round of the draft to snag some of the available talent before others get a chance: the Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers (h/t uStadium). For perspective, the Packers are set to pick 41st, the Jaguars pick 48th and the Eagles pick 50th with their first selection on Day 2 of the 2024 draft.

With only eight selections ahead of the Packers, you would figure that their targets come down to just a handful of players. Based on the consensus draft board, the following players are the “best” five prospects still available going into Friday:
Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
AD Mitchell, WR, Texas
Jackson Powers-Johnson, OL, Oregon

General manager Brian Gutekunst stated that the team has evaluated DeJean as a cornerback, safety and slot at the professional level in his pre-draft press conference. With such a massive need at safety opposite of Xavier McKinney, it’s possible he could be the player they’re trying to target.
Other notable players worth considering here for the Packers include linebacker Edgerrin Cooper of Texas A&M, considered the best off-ball linebacker in the 2024 class, safety Tyler Nubin of Minnesota, considered the top true safety in the 2024 class, pass-rusher Marshawn Kneeland of Western Michigan, who the team brought in on a pre-draft visit.

Only a few hours away, it appears that the Packers like how the board is shaking out going into Day 2, at least based on NFL Network’s reporting. It shouldn’t take too much for the Packers to move up from the 41st pick, considering how high they’re picking in the second round already. At the moment, Green Bay is scheduled to make 11 total selections in the 2024 draft, including four choices (two in each round) on Day 2.

Go Packers!!!!
dfosterf
10 days ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You want lists, you don't want lists, half the membersip creates your lists that you friggin' asked for...I'm putting you on Martha's list of people up in here that are slippin'...

beast
10 days ago

Apparently you are not the only one thinking they should trade up

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I'm guessing the Eagles and Packers are looking at Alabama and Iowa CBs. Maybe a Safety.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (20h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (21h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (21h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (21h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (22h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.