Mucky Tundra
13 days ago

Overview
Highly experienced and a respected team leader, Pratt has shown consistent improvement from season to season. Pratt has done a nice job of making safe decisions instead of reckless ones and throws with touch over all three levels. He struggles to throw with consistent accuracy and placement on intermediate throws. Also, he appears to lack the anticipation and field awareness to beat NFL coverage across the field. Pratt has Day 3 potential but will be in a battle to win a future backup role.

Strengths
  • Four-year starter and three-year team captain.
  • Displayed consistent improvement at the position over four years.
  • Light feet in the pocket to slide and adjust positioning due to pressure.
  • Consistently alters touch relative to the throw that is needed.
  • Does a nice job of selling pump-and-go throws.
  • Adequate mobility to create additional yardage as a scrambler.

Weaknesses
  • Below-average timing and arm talent as full-field thrower versus NFL coverage.
  • Doesn’t throw with enough anticipation against zone windows.
  • Slow to get through progressions and locate open targets on the backside.
  • Struggles with consistent accuracy and ball placement outside the numbers.
  • Forces wide receivers to break stride on downfield throws.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
13 days ago

UserPostedImage
beast
13 days ago
In the Tulane vs USC game, Pratt was 8 for 17, 234 yards, 2 TDs, with 15 rushed for 83 yards.

I mean, USC is supposed to be more talented, but 8 for 17, doesn't sound good.

I know Gute wants to be more like Ron Wolf in terms of drafting and developing QBs... but there is a huge ass difference.

Back in the 1990s there was no limit (as far as I'm aware) of practice time, nor coaches meeting with players during the off-season, nor that practice time I'm the off-season.

In 2010 CBA it started and got even worse with the next CBA, limiting practice time and off-season time and suddenly the lower string players aren't developing like they used to. And coaches have said they don't carry 4 QBs because they don't even have half enough time for their 3rd QB.

During the draft some of the talking heads even talked about this, and they even mentioned one (nameless) QB felt like he wasn't getting enough development time, so he personally hired a coach and bought in WRs to work out after practice was over, because he felt like he needed it.

Now the Packers have added to their QB coaching staff which might help them a lot get more coaching in during the limited time MAYBE...

But if some team wants to become a QB factor, I think they need to figure out how to create a 3rd party QB school near them, including a coach they trust to develop QBs...

And either have no official control or stakes in it, or have some control and make it cheap to attend and charge it to the cap.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
13 days ago

In the Tulane vs USC game, Pratt was 8 for 17, 234 yards, 2 TDs, with 15 rushed for 83 yards.

I mean, USC is supposed to be more talented, but 8 for 17, doesn't sound good.

I know Gute wants to be more like Ron Wolf in terms of drafting and developing QBs... but there is a huge ass difference.

Back in the 1990s there was no limit (as far as I'm aware) of practice time, nor coaches meeting with players during the off-season, nor that practice time I'm the off-season.

In 2010 CBA it started and got even worse with the next CBA, limiting practice time and off-season time and suddenly the lower string players aren't developing like they used to. And coaches have said they don't carry 4 QBs because they don't even have half enough time for their 3rd QB.

During the draft some of the talking heads even talked about this, and they even mentioned one (nameless) QB felt like he wasn't getting enough development time, so he personally hired a coach and bought in WRs to work out after practice was over, because he felt like he needed it.

Now the Packers have added to their QB coaching staff which might help them a lot get more coaching in during the limited time MAYBE...

But if some team wants to become a QB factor, I think they need to figure out how to create a 3rd party QB school near them, including a coach they trust to develop QBs...

And either have no official control or stakes in it, or have some control and make it cheap to attend and charge it to the cap.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Hey that's a pressure cooker 2 minute drill! You're ruining the mood here beast! 😉
UserPostedImage
beast
13 days ago

Hey that's a pressure cooker 2 minute drill! You're ruining the mood here beast! ;)

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I've just worry about wasting draft picks, if QB3 develop is a thing of the past.

Also kinda hoping that adding the retired QB, to also go with our QB coach makes it possible for them to train and develop two guys.
UserPostedImage
12 days ago
MICHAEL PRATT, QB, TULANE
Rd. 7/Pk. 245.
Height: 6-2 ½.
Weight: 217.
40: None.
Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla.

Fact/stat: Rifle-armed Nickie Hall, another Green Wave quarterback, was drafted in the 10th round (No. 255) by the Packers in 1981. Four-year starter with an NFL passer rating of 101.8. Small hands (9 ¼). Passed for 9,603 yards and 90 TDs (26 picks) while running for 1,147 and 28 TDs. Refused to run the 40 at the combine and pro day. Also declined to be weighed at pro day. Was the 11th quarterback drafted.

AFC scout: “I like his size, his arm, his presence. He’s been a pleasant surprise. He can end up being a starter in time. I like his ability to distribute from the pocket. He’s a little better athlete than expected from a testing (standpoint). From the down-the-line group he’ll be the one who will rise up. It’s because of how he handles himself in the pocket and how he sees the game and how efficient he is.”

AFC scout: “I’m not sold on him. The Raiders took Aidan O’Connell in the fourth round (in 2023). He’s not as good as O’Connell.”

AFC scout: “I was really high on him after 2022. He got hurt (knee) second game this year and did not play as well. Backup type. Physically gifted. Inconsistent decisions. I’d like to work with the guy. He can run 4.7 to 4.75. The negative this year is holding the ball. Last year, I really thought he had a chance to be a top guy. He’s a nice athlete. He’s mobile. He’s got a good arm. I’d like to take him in the fourth or fifth and work with him.”
Go Packers!!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 days ago
Nothing wrong with taking a QB. Work on getting the strongest back up you can. If he takes Clifford's spot that would be a good thing.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.