NormaL
15 years ago

Instead we came out in a heavy set and ran it three times.

"evad04" wrote:

And what I REALLY don't understand is where was Grant and why oh why did we try to do that with B-jack?!?! I know it's the first game, but i still feel like B-jack tends to be worthless. PROVE ME WRONG please
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Greg C.
15 years ago

Vikings looked very impressive at times. I am overall very happy with the Packers performance. Penalties need to be a huge focus as the team moves onto Detroit. Thankfully, next week should be a little bit of a break after this game and Grant should be ready after getting back into getting tackled this week. Judging by how the Lions got torched on the ground, I hope we run it down their throats.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Good point. This would be the time to get the running game going.
blank
nathaniel
15 years ago

Kornheiser's worst moment (there are a lot to choose from) was when the Packers faced a first and 33, and he claimed that many Packer fans were thinking that Brett Favre would get them out of that situation. It's funny when Kornheiser pretends to know what the fans are thinking. Actually, he does know what some of the fans are thinking, but only the stupid ones.

"Greg C." wrote:

I think it's funny that as soon as Favre leaves the Packers, Kornheiser all of a sudden forgot all about the interceptions record, cause that's the only thing he use to ever talk about.
blank
Rockjock07
15 years ago
I was pretty happy with tonight peformance. If not for all the flags, the packers win this one by 10+ points. I'm pretty sure that Hawk and Kampman are going to have monster years, the front 7 was very active and was getting to Jackson almost every play in the 2nd half (except for the vikings td pass)

I don't think Aaron could of had a better game. His TD pass was magic, he's got a cannon for an arm and looked pretty calm back there.

Brandon Jackson didn't look good tonight, I'm willing to give him a pass because the Vikings are tough but next week vs. Detroit I would expect the running game to really turn it up.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Packnic
15 years ago
Good God that felt good.

Jared Allen goes to Minnesota: The Chiefs have traded Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen to the Vikings. Citing a source, the Kansas City Star reported that Allen went to Minnesota on Tuesday night to sign a six-year contract worth just under $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed, the most ever for a defensive player. The Chiefs are expected to get the Vikings' first-round pick (No. 17) and both the Vikings' third-round selections (73rd and 82nd).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wait....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok i'm better.

hahahahahaha.
blank
doddpower
15 years ago
lol, nice.

I mean, I can't deny it, I would love to have him opposite of Kampman. However, I would be disgusted if we gave up that much for him. At that price, he better be getting like 5 sacks a game. Thankfully, we have management who actually thinks with their heads instead of their wallets.

Ahhh, good to be a Packer fan . . . as always.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I ended up at my Mother's house this evening. No internet (I need to set up a wireless network over there.) but at least she has HD and a big screen TV so that was ok.
I want to catch up with everyone else's post game comments.

First I am thrilled with the win. Any "W" is a good one.

The most frustrating part of the game for me was the penalties. I can wait to see what this line will look line once Sitton and Wells are in there. While there were some questionable no calls on the DB's one of the pass interference calls didn't look like it was much of a penalty to me. So referee crews are known to call more penalties than other crews. I wish we had week to week stats on the refs so we knew before hand watch to expect. With that said I expect the refs to throw the flag when there are 12 men in the huddle (GB) or 12 men on the field (MN) and the other dumb plays that both teams had.

Lots of pressure on T Jack tonight. I think it was a mistake for MN not to run AP 30 times. Or at the very least get him the ball 30 times (which would incl the short passes.) Jackson should never throw the ball 35 times in a game. Thank you Brad Childress.

I can not be too hard on B Jackson, he may have only had 12 yards but there were several occasions that he had not one but two defenders on him in the GB backfield. That is not his fault. Other times it seemed like the whole MN defense was waiting for him at the line of scrimmage. Take away the one big run of 57 yards and Grant had a rather mortal game. Kiddos to the whole GB team for getting 139 yards against one of the best run defenses in the league.

The conservative play calling at the end of the game was frustrating. But in reality Mike McCarthy was very conservative about 90% of the time. That helped set up the few big strikes they had. Despite what humpy dumpty AKA Tony Kornheiser said, going for the for the FG just before half made so much sense. It should have been automatic. Those 3 points would have taken a lot of pressure off the offense. There was only a few seconds left and no timeouts. MN had been putting pressure on AR. It is tough to get the ball into the endzone when the you are on such a short field. A sack or a receiver not getting the ball out of bounds would have ruined their chance for the FG on 4th down. GB had the lead. It would have been different if they were down by 7 points.

Big applause to Cliffy for sticking it to Allen. I hated the article earlier in the week that said Allen was going to try and terrorize AR. Any QB that is terrorized does not belong in the NFL . (even on the PS.)

What a defense. I think it will only get better as the year goes on. Lots of tight coverage. Lots of hard hits. Lots of pressure on T Jack. Just a half of a second a few times is all that it would have taken to get more sacks.

Gregorius is the man. Key fumble recovery. Huge pass reception. Too bad he missed out on a TD tonight. Loved it when DD broke a big reception to move the sticks and keep the clock running.

I was so happy that Blackmon got the return. He and management has had to suffer thru injuries long enuf. Great to see it work out for him.

The thing I liked best about Aaron Rodgers is when he would tuck the ball and get the 1st down. that is something a former GB QB did in his early years but gave up on too quickly. His runs will open up more passes later in the year.

Announcers- As we all know Kornheiser's a jerk. Even his mother turns the sound down when he is in the booth. I normally do not care for Jaws but he made some outstanding comments tonight. If he keeps this up I my have to change my opinion of him.

Kornheiser's worst moment (there are a lot to choose from) was when the Packers faced a first and 33, and he claimed that many Packer fans were thinking that Brett Favre would get them out of that situation. It's funny when Kornheiser pretends to know what the fans are thinking. Actually, he does know what some of the fans are thinking, but only the stupid ones.

"Greg C." wrote:

I was thinking the same thing Greg.

Well that's all I have to say about that. I feel better now.
UserPostedImage
JNelson87
15 years ago
Great game, big confidence boost for me and this team. Rodgers played great and he sounds real humble in his post game conference.. I'm really excited for next weeks game.

I'm hoping Driver can step up, hopefully Jones plays and Nelson gets some receptions. Grant should have a great game vs Detroit. Lets see what happens!
UserPostedImage
flep
15 years ago
Was I the only one screaming at Bigby to fall down after the interception?

He was trying to make a big play which could have been disastrous.

If it happens again I think Mike McCarthy will drum it into him to just eat dirt.

That being said we won.

A - Rod was consisten as hell all night. and as I predicted AJ was awesome.

Special teams coverage and returns was great. Frost looks a beast, he can really boom those punts long and high.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
flep
15 years ago
Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know typing Mike McCarthy gives an Mike McCarthy picture.

I want to type Aaron Rodgers and get an Aaron Rodgers picture too

maybe an AB for Atari Bigby and an AJ for the Hawkster.

Just so he doesn't feel left out heres a Ted Thompson mention.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.