NormaL
15 years ago

Instead we came out in a heavy set and ran it three times.

"evad04" wrote:

And what I REALLY don't understand is where was Grant and why oh why did we try to do that with B-jack?!?! I know it's the first game, but i still feel like B-jack tends to be worthless. PROVE ME WRONG please
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Greg C.
15 years ago

Vikings looked very impressive at times. I am overall very happy with the Packers performance. Penalties need to be a huge focus as the team moves onto Detroit. Thankfully, next week should be a little bit of a break after this game and Grant should be ready after getting back into getting tackled this week. Judging by how the Lions got torched on the ground, I hope we run it down their throats.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Good point. This would be the time to get the running game going.
blank
nathaniel
15 years ago

Kornheiser's worst moment (there are a lot to choose from) was when the Packers faced a first and 33, and he claimed that many Packer fans were thinking that Brett Favre would get them out of that situation. It's funny when Kornheiser pretends to know what the fans are thinking. Actually, he does know what some of the fans are thinking, but only the stupid ones.

"Greg C." wrote:

I think it's funny that as soon as Favre leaves the Packers, Kornheiser all of a sudden forgot all about the interceptions record, cause that's the only thing he use to ever talk about.
blank
Rockjock07
15 years ago
I was pretty happy with tonight peformance. If not for all the flags, the packers win this one by 10+ points. I'm pretty sure that Hawk and Kampman are going to have monster years, the front 7 was very active and was getting to Jackson almost every play in the 2nd half (except for the vikings td pass)

I don't think Aaron could of had a better game. His TD pass was magic, he's got a cannon for an arm and looked pretty calm back there.

Brandon Jackson didn't look good tonight, I'm willing to give him a pass because the Vikings are tough but next week vs. Detroit I would expect the running game to really turn it up.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Packnic
15 years ago
Good God that felt good.

Jared Allen goes to Minnesota: The Chiefs have traded Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen to the Vikings. Citing a source, the Kansas City Star reported that Allen went to Minnesota on Tuesday night to sign a six-year contract worth just under $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed, the most ever for a defensive player. The Chiefs are expected to get the Vikings' first-round pick (No. 17) and both the Vikings' third-round selections (73rd and 82nd).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wait....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok i'm better.

hahahahahaha.
blank
doddpower
15 years ago
lol, nice.

I mean, I can't deny it, I would love to have him opposite of Kampman. However, I would be disgusted if we gave up that much for him. At that price, he better be getting like 5 sacks a game. Thankfully, we have management who actually thinks with their heads instead of their wallets.

Ahhh, good to be a Packer fan . . . as always.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I ended up at my Mother's house this evening. No internet (I need to set up a wireless network over there.) but at least she has HD and a big screen TV so that was ok.
I want to catch up with everyone else's post game comments.

First I am thrilled with the win. Any "W" is a good one.

The most frustrating part of the game for me was the penalties. I can wait to see what this line will look line once Sitton and Wells are in there. While there were some questionable no calls on the DB's one of the pass interference calls didn't look like it was much of a penalty to me. So referee crews are known to call more penalties than other crews. I wish we had week to week stats on the refs so we knew before hand watch to expect. With that said I expect the refs to throw the flag when there are 12 men in the huddle (GB) or 12 men on the field (MN) and the other dumb plays that both teams had.

Lots of pressure on T Jack tonight. I think it was a mistake for MN not to run AP 30 times. Or at the very least get him the ball 30 times (which would incl the short passes.) Jackson should never throw the ball 35 times in a game. Thank you Brad Childress.

I can not be too hard on B Jackson, he may have only had 12 yards but there were several occasions that he had not one but two defenders on him in the GB backfield. That is not his fault. Other times it seemed like the whole MN defense was waiting for him at the line of scrimmage. Take away the one big run of 57 yards and Grant had a rather mortal game. Kiddos to the whole GB team for getting 139 yards against one of the best run defenses in the league.

The conservative play calling at the end of the game was frustrating. But in reality Mike McCarthy was very conservative about 90% of the time. That helped set up the few big strikes they had. Despite what humpy dumpty AKA Tony Kornheiser said, going for the for the FG just before half made so much sense. It should have been automatic. Those 3 points would have taken a lot of pressure off the offense. There was only a few seconds left and no timeouts. MN had been putting pressure on AR. It is tough to get the ball into the endzone when the you are on such a short field. A sack or a receiver not getting the ball out of bounds would have ruined their chance for the FG on 4th down. GB had the lead. It would have been different if they were down by 7 points.

Big applause to Cliffy for sticking it to Allen. I hated the article earlier in the week that said Allen was going to try and terrorize AR. Any QB that is terrorized does not belong in the NFL . (even on the PS.)

What a defense. I think it will only get better as the year goes on. Lots of tight coverage. Lots of hard hits. Lots of pressure on T Jack. Just a half of a second a few times is all that it would have taken to get more sacks.

Gregorius is the man. Key fumble recovery. Huge pass reception. Too bad he missed out on a TD tonight. Loved it when DD broke a big reception to move the sticks and keep the clock running.

I was so happy that Blackmon got the return. He and management has had to suffer thru injuries long enuf. Great to see it work out for him.

The thing I liked best about Aaron Rodgers is when he would tuck the ball and get the 1st down. that is something a former GB QB did in his early years but gave up on too quickly. His runs will open up more passes later in the year.

Announcers- As we all know Kornheiser's a jerk. Even his mother turns the sound down when he is in the booth. I normally do not care for Jaws but he made some outstanding comments tonight. If he keeps this up I my have to change my opinion of him.

Kornheiser's worst moment (there are a lot to choose from) was when the Packers faced a first and 33, and he claimed that many Packer fans were thinking that Brett Favre would get them out of that situation. It's funny when Kornheiser pretends to know what the fans are thinking. Actually, he does know what some of the fans are thinking, but only the stupid ones.

"Greg C." wrote:

I was thinking the same thing Greg.

Well that's all I have to say about that. I feel better now.
UserPostedImage
JNelson87
15 years ago
Great game, big confidence boost for me and this team. Rodgers played great and he sounds real humble in his post game conference.. I'm really excited for next weeks game.

I'm hoping Driver can step up, hopefully Jones plays and Nelson gets some receptions. Grant should have a great game vs Detroit. Lets see what happens!
UserPostedImage
flep
15 years ago
Was I the only one screaming at Bigby to fall down after the interception?

He was trying to make a big play which could have been disastrous.

If it happens again I think Mike McCarthy will drum it into him to just eat dirt.

That being said we won.

A - Rod was consisten as hell all night. and as I predicted AJ was awesome.

Special teams coverage and returns was great. Frost looks a beast, he can really boom those punts long and high.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
flep
15 years ago
Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know typing Mike McCarthy gives an Mike McCarthy picture.

I want to type Aaron Rodgers and get an Aaron Rodgers picture too

maybe an AB for Atari Bigby and an AJ for the Hawkster.

Just so he doesn't feel left out heres a Ted Thompson mention.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.