BangTheDrum
15 years ago
the o line was horrendous... and lost me a fantasy matchup...
UserPostedImage
Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
I'll start with the announcers....it was probably kornhole who said, after they showed a comparison of BF first game and Aaron Rodgers first game, that it was what the Packer fans were going to want to see every game.
IMHO that is crap, IMHO the 2008 season is here for real and most Packer fans are not going to worry about what Brett did, they are just concerned about the play of the 2008 Green bay Packers!!!!

Those of us who want to keep track of Brett will do so, to continuously shove the comparisons down the throats of all Packer fans is stupid and hopefully these clowns will realize this sooner than later.

Now to the game.

After getting off to a shaky start, Congratulations to AR, he played a solid game. Got his first win as a starter, and showed a lot of leadership.

I was dissapointed with the way the coaches sat on the ball at the end of the 1st half, letting the clock run down, instead of letting the offense try to get closer or even score a td, there were 25 seconds and The Pack still had a timeout. Really hurt when the FG attempt was blocked.

Then at the end of the game The Packers just sat on the ball instead of trying to make a first down, but the defense came through and got the turnover and the team got the win which is the most important thing.

Too many penalties on the O-line, but nothing that can't be fixed at practice.

The Defense came up with the big play when they needed it. Vikings run game is one of the better they will face, a few big gains had to be expected.

Special teams were the difference in the game!!!!!

It was ugly at times but a win is a win in the end that is all that counts.

On to Detroit and the Tiggers, let's hope the team is focused on Detroit and not looking ahead to Dallas, this(Detroit) is setting up as a classic "trap game", take them one at a time boys and The Pack will be fine.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Greg C.
15 years ago

From my seats it was GREAT..

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..

"longtimefan" wrote:

On screen they might have been, but through his eyes they weren't, or he wasn't sure about it for whatever reason. I like that he knows to go to his contingency plan if things aren't good enough(in his eyes).

With that said, they'll watch the film, and if Mike McCarthy sees what you seen, it'll be drilled into him.

Still made the 1st but it appeared that he was set to run on those few occasions to get the credit for himself..

Just my thinking...

"tromadz" wrote:

That's just silly talk.

"longtimefan" wrote:

From MY SEATS..Meaning I was at game and watched them get open..so wasn't from the screen...

It's just a theroy of mine that he wanted to give it an extra 200% to do stuff on his own to just shut people up..

And I didnt go into this game thinking that, just sort of thought about it after seeing the 2nd run of his when players were open..I also think if this is the case he only wanted to do it in THIS game

It does sound silly, but it also sound logical, or so i thought?

"longtimefan" wrote:

This is hard for me to believe because QB's get more credit (and better stats) for completing passes than they do for running the ball. When I watch the game a second time, I will look for those receivers getting open. But it is awfully hard to criticize the decision-making of a QB who went 18 for 22.
blank
digsthepack
15 years ago
Good call on the punter....he buried those guys on the sideline and let coverage do their thing. Special teams truly look special.

Good health to you, Mr. Blackmon.

Jared "all mouth, no game" Allen.....meet Cliffy!

Big grease is damn near immovable.

Rodgers looked wonderful in his first start...we have ourselves a QB.

I had called it before, and was glad to see Mike Montgomery really come into form....inside, outside...didn't matter...he made some noise as did Jenkins. Good on you D line!!

Listening to KFAN (MN sports radio) right now.....oh, the wining and excuse making!! Friggin' hilarious!!

TT, MM...great job!!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
IronMan
15 years ago

Then at the end of the game The Packers just sat on the ball instead of trying to make a first down, but the defense came through and got the turnover and the team got the win which is the most important thing.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Yeah that always drives me absolutely crazy. That and "prevent" defense. We should have tried to get one first down in that situation. THEN sit on it. We basically just gave them the ball with 2 minutes left. Yeah our defense came through, but why just GIVE them another chance to score? I have never liked that strategy, and never will.

And no I would not have complained if they would have turned the ball over trying to get the first down. Had that happened, so be it. At least they are trying to get a first down.
millertime
15 years ago

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..

"longtimefan" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers might have seen his receivers slightly open downfield, but decided to take the sure-fire 10 yard run, instead of the pass which is could easily be off-target, dropped, intercepted, etc.

The QB has got to weigh the risk vs. reward of each decision during the game and only has a split second to do so.

Getting a sure-fire first down is better than risking a 20+ yard pass in a close game.
longtimefan
15 years ago

"millertime" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers might have seen his receivers slightly open downfield, but decided to take the sure-fire 10 yard run, instead of the pass which is could easily be off-target, dropped, intercepted, etc.

The QB has got to weigh the risk vs. reward of each decision during the game and only has a split second to do so.

Getting a sure-fire first down is better than risking a 20+ yard pass in a close game.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Yes I am fully aware of that..but my vantage point I saw the entire field and was wondering WHY..

All your reasons could have been why...He knew he could get 10 yards..

** edit **

Just realized that Brett would have thrown it, might take some getting used to a running q/b now
warhawk
15 years ago
Other than some stupid penalties on their part the offensive line did a great job. If you remember they were going to get killed by the Vikes "D" line but we give up 0 sacks and 130+ yards running against the best run defense in the business.

The good news is we win while not playing a great overall game against a key opponent.

Rodgers was unbelievable for all the pressure that guy was under and what he did out there. IF the "0" line doesn't take it away he gets another 70+ yards and totals two TD's which would have put him well over a 100 rating for the game.

The "O" line was sloppy and the defense inconsistant at times but Rodgers was steady as a rock.
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

Good call on the punter....he buried those guys on

Listening to KFAN (MN sports radio) right now.....oh, the wining and excuse making!! Friggin' hilarious!!

"digsthepack" wrote:

Oh hells yes -- it's the best thing about living here, listening to the FAN after a Pack win. :compress:
blank
warhawk
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

Yeah that always drives me absolutely crazy. That and "prevent" defense. We should have tried to get one first down in that situation. THEN sit on it. We basically just gave them the ball with 2 minutes left. Yeah our defense came through, but why just GIVE them another chance to score? I have never liked that strategy, and never will.

And no I would not have complained if they would have turned the ball over trying to get the first down. Had that happened, so be it. At least they are trying to get a first down.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

The holding penalty on Tausher takes all that away. Trying to go for it at that point is pure stupidity. That was the WORST penalty of the night because it stops the clock. Otherwise the Vikes get it back with about a minute twenty and no time outs. If you let a team go seventy five yards in that case you deserve to lose.

The Packers made the right call on that series. Had there been another minute on the clock or so you make more of an effort for a first down but they were not anticipating Tausher to make a bone head play and give the Vikes 40 more seconds.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.