TheEngineer
15 years ago
I also saw some sort of quick ad about a replay being shown. MassPackersFan might be right, I saw a 9:30 timeslot too. Keep an eye on Wednesday.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago

I think the Vikings were fortunate to even be in the game at the end. I thought GB outplayed Minnesota just about every where outside of stopping the run.

With that said the Packers' defense still contained AP for just about all day long.

I recall last year the Packers having a lot of sloppy penalties early on. For a while they lead the league actually. Now that came down last year and hopefully for the Pack it does again this year.

I noticed Minnesota just committed penalties. GB committed BIG penalties especially on the Driver play which was executed to perfection by Rodgers and Driver. I guess Tony Moll didn't get the memo.

Offensive Line I would say held up very well without Scott Wells.

Rodgers offensive player of the game

Hawk defensive player of the game

Blackmon special teams player of the game

Kudos to Bob Sanders for calling more blitzes.

"porky88" wrote:

Reality Check Time:

If TJ didn't throw that pick, they were on their way to another score!

They were scoring alot in the second half. I don't think most of you know how close the Packers were to losing that game. Fortunately, the playcalling by the Vikings was terrible in the first half, or they might have won handily.

Some postives on the Packer side, but lets not get ahead of ourselves people. It was only 1 game.

The season is a long one, and we'll have to see how this team holds up throughout the year.

To me, it's too early to tell.

Look at New England.
blank
dingus
15 years ago
That was fantastic! After all the BS this summer it's nice to have the first win in the can! Sloppy, yes, satisfying YES!

I can't stand Tony Kornheiser! Stuck here in chicago makes it impossible to mute the TV and listen to the radio (so does the 2 second delay with Directv) but I would have given anything to be able to. Maybe they'll can his ass before the Nov. Monday night game.
Aaron Rodgers deserves much respect for an 81.8 % completion rate. He looked better than expected, and I have high expectations for him.

Bring on the Lions!
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
The Viking DB's were horrible.

After the Lions game Rodgers will come crashing down to earth when he has to face some GOOD defenses.

Then we will see what we will see. So live it up now, I guess. lol.

If it wasn't for the punt return, the Packers would have lost.

I know the blind homerism is rampant now, but this team has a ways to go before they can be ranked with the elite, imo.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

The Viking DB's were horrible.

After the Lions game Rodgers will come crashing down to earth when he has to face some GOOD defenses.

Then we will see what we will see. So live it up now, I guess. lol.

If it wasn't for the punt return, the Packers would have lost.

I know the blind homerism is rampant now, but this team has a ways to go before they can be ranked with the elite, imo.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

We heard this week that the Vikings D was good and the pass rush would be to much for Rodgers

So now ithe vikings d isnt any good?
4PackGirl
15 years ago
we played a team that many so-called "experts" picked to go at least to the nfc championship game, if not all the way. trust me, roddyboy - we are all VERY well aware this was one game & we have alot more to play. all we are doing is simply enjoying the fact that despite what the "experts" kept saying, rodgers didn't fall on his ass, throw INT's all over the place, OR get sacked umpteen times by allen.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Well said 4PG. Hope you are feeling better today.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago
thanks, wpr. i'm feeling somewhat better so far today. 🙂
15 years ago
If the Vikings hadn't made one mistake they could've kept driving... and if we hadn't made mistake after mistake we would've had at least 10 more points on the board.

Waaaah Waaaaaaahhhhh Roddy.
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
I was wondering when RB would show, took a break from lamenting about the past to piss on the future!
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.