TheEngineer
14 years ago
I don't agree with these armbands in principle. You can't put "legend falling from grace" in the same category as "mourning a teammate who has died".

I bet this is just a cheap gimmick to make money, and the fact that they can't even come up with a decent argument against just trying to make a quick buck makes it even more obvious. Almost feels like "er, people might think we're just trying to profit. Well, we are, but how do we make it sound like we're not? Hey, let's trail off the point by making a play on words! Then, er, I guess we'll just have to confess." How about donating the proceeds to a charity? I wonder if that thought ever occurred to them.
blank
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Looks like something you should wear if you killed someone with a golf ball.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
TheEngineer
14 years ago

"RaiderPride" wrote:

[youtube]9njYnRCXLt0[/youtube]
blank
djcubez
14 years ago
To be honest, hopefully this hasn't been mentioned yet, but that whole FAQ question about trying to make a quick buck is pretty much bull. Why else would they charge for a product and make a website? Surely it must be easy to spread a message without asking for money....
dfosterf
14 years ago

"RaiderPride" wrote:

That is good, R.P.

That is VERY good.

Someone go tell Heather she has to say (On her armband and bumpersticker)

"I know only 4% went to charity, but I love Brett and am sad"

I'm not sure all that fits, but it is needed, imo.

+1 To R.P.
longtimefan
14 years ago
got this in an email...

Favre would have the right to go after them only if they use his name and image to promote it which they appear to be doing?

But going after them would create even more news which seems to be what Favre is avoiding this summer. Or should I say he is trying to avoid. Brett has been silent during this entre 7 week period

What is wrong with this statement?
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago

got this in an email...

Favre would have the right to go after them only if they use his name and image to promote it which they appear to be doing?

But going after them would create even more news which seems to be what Favre is avoiding this summer. Or should I say he is trying to avoid. Brett has been silent during this entre 7 week period

"longtimefan" wrote:

What is wrong with this statement?

Favre would have the right to go after them (The Packers) only if they use his name and image to promote him which they appear to be doing.

But going after them would create even more news which seems to be what Favre is avoiding/trying to avoid this summer. [strike]Or should I say he is trying to avoid.[/strike] Brett has been silent during this entire 7 week period.

Does that help?
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

That is good, R.P.

That is VERY good.

Someone go tell Heather she has to say (On her armband and bumpersticker)

"I know only 4% went to charity, but I love Brett and am sad"

I'm not sure all that fits, but it is needed, imo.

+1 To R.P.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Hey, anything with #4 on it is cool in my book.
Heathiee
14 years ago

Ha! Funny you should mention that. My wife and I were at the Fort McCoy PX yesterday looking at cheese hats, and we were both ridiculing the idiocy of them. I consider myself a rabid Packers fan -- I spend too many hours a day breaking down every conceivable angle of the Packers seasons -- but I would never stoop to wearing something so puerile as a freaking CHEESEHEAD, even if they were supposedly invented in La Crosse.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Hey now, cheeseheads save lives.

Packers.com Link 

My question is that about 6 years ago or so (around 1998 or so) I heard about a guy flying his plane either to or from a Packer game with his cheesehead hat on. His plane went down and his cheesehead hat is what helped saved his life. I did hear Al Michaels make a brief mention on a Packer/Viking game. Could you shed some light on this matter? - Eddie, Salt Lake City, Utah

Eddie, your memory has served you well about the story of a Packers fan being saved from a dire fate while wearing a "cheesehead" on a flight from a Packers game during the 1990s (the 1995 season, to be more exact).

The man who credited a foam rubber cheesehead for helping him to survive a light plane crash as he returned from Green Bay to Superior, Wis., described himself as lucky as a result of the incident, The Associated Press reported via the Green Bay Press-Gazette at the time.

But, the AP story then quoted Frank Emmert of Superior as saying he still wishes it had not taken place.

The incident actually was the subject of a 30-second segment produced by NFL Films that was carried during a nationally televised Packers-Detroit Lions game Sept. 28, 1999.

"I've gotten to go pretty much everywhere telling people about this," Emmert said. "I'm, lucky that way, I guess."

But he said he still had pain from an ankle injury sustained in the crash.

"I'd trade it all to have my ankle back the way it was," he said.

The segment that aired was sponsored by Miller Lite, but it was not a beer commercial Emmert said.

"I don't drink," he said, "but as long as it was for the NFL and for a good cause, I did it."

The segment included a photograph of the crashed plane, and then showed Emmert walking through the Lambeau Field parking lot.

Emmert showed how he buried his face in his foam hat when he knew the crash was imminent, near the Stevens Point airport.

A week after the Nov. 1995 crash, The Associated Press noted, Emmert's story was splashed in newspapers and on television screens across the nation.

He reportedly was wearing it when his ultra light plane crashed, and he credits it with protecting his face and forehead, sparing him possible major injury or worse, when the impact of the crash sent him and the cheesehead headlong into the instrument panel.

An instant celebrity, Emmert was invited to ride a motorized cheesehead cart on national television's The Tonight Show.

A self-employed photographer, he had been hired three months earlier to do public relations for Foamation, a company that makes cheesehead hats.

UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
cheese heads were made cuz of a Bears fan
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (14h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.