15 years ago
If I could give you 20 applauds for that post, Packnic, I would.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
It is all in your perspective I guess.. personally I don't care for trash talking... whether it be the Vikings, Lions, Bears or the pope himself..

Stop flappin your gums, strap on the helmet and let your play do the talking for you.

As far as fans rappin the guys nuts.. if that makes you feel better.. knock yourself out.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
NodakPaul
15 years ago

no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.

The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.

Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.

"Packnic" wrote:

Insinuated paralyzing you QB? Seriously? LMAO.

But thank you for providing a more appropriate example of a poor winner. I am a little surprised, usually the fans who can't handle winning with dignity are those who don't win too often. I expected better from Packer fans. Then again, there are a lot of people on this forum who know how to win with class. You could learn a thing or two from them. 🙂

Since you have talked nothing but trash in pretty much every post I see, I guess I now know what is "perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable" to do when the Packers lose. Thanks for clearing that up...
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
Vikings play tough before, during, and after the game. I think the way they played us will serve us very well when game planning for the Bears down the road because both have good running games at the moment and the quarterbacks are stepping up especially Orton. I saw some inconsistencies in the passing game from Jackson but I think he will improve with that throughout the season. I think we are spoiled by this rivalry. I really do. Allen is a great player and these are the comments you look to hear from rivals after games. Good players setting up the battle before hand with some spirited language and then giving props afterwards admitting defeat.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
zombieslayer
15 years ago
AFAIK, Allen never said anything about paralyzing Aaron Rodgers . Please show me where he said it. I'm now curious. Maybe I missed something.

Before a game of b-ball, my friends and I trash talk for days. Days. After the game, all you have to do is smile when you won because you know and they know what they said.

You should have seen Mohamed Ali (might be before a lot of your times). Used to trash talk like crazy, get all worked up trash talking. People thought the kid was crazy. His eyes would go all over the place when he trashed talked. Made people nervous. Nowadays, everyone seems to love the guy.

Football isn't soccer. It's a man's game. I love trash talking.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
warhawk
15 years ago

no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.

The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.

Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.

"Packnic" wrote:

Guys that refrain from pounding their chests and running their mouth don't have to apologize because they understand and wrap their arms around something called humility. True warriors ALWAYS show respect for their opponents not just when they feel like it or depending on who the foe is.

I agree that it's a little late to show your respect for your opponent AFTER they kicked your rear end albeit admirable to not make excuses for it which, quite honestly, is the least they could do at this point.

I haven't heard Williams say the Colts aren't any good anymore because Manning was hurt and he's the only real good player they have.

Maybe they are learning something anyways.
"The train is leaving the station."
Formo
15 years ago

Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.

"longtimefan" wrote:

I do know that Butler is a POS, and I also know that he hasn't played since 2005. That wasn't the point. My point was that Trom said that Allen was the kind of guy who wuld have talked smack after a win, which simply hasn't been the case. EVER in Allen's career. People who do that are poor winners IMHO, and I used Butler as an example of one. When Allen manned up to getting beat, he still gets dissed, yet when people like Butler talk shit after the win, it is celebrated (even highlighted in yellow, with large font).

And Trom, since you're "the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work", let's see if you consistently do that when the tables are turned. You have seen how the Vikings and their fans handle a loss to a rival. I'll be waiting to see if Packer fans handle it with the same amount of levity and class...

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Leroy DID NOT PLAY THE GAME MONDAY

You can not use a "reporter" talking smack to compare it to a PLAYER that PLAYED the game..

Do you NOT understand that?

"longtimefan" wrote:

If Carter (Cris Carter, that is) went on ESPN and talked a bunch of trash like Butler did, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. You'd be pissing about it.

Your point: Fail.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
15 years ago

AFAIK, Allen never said anything about paralyzing Aaron Rodgers . Please show me where he said it. I'm now curious. Maybe I missed something.

Before a game of b-ball, my friends and I trash talk for days. Days. After the game, all you have to do is smile when you won because you know and they know what they said.

You should have seen Mohamed Ali (might be before a lot of your times). Used to trash talk like crazy, get all worked up trash talking. People thought the kid was crazy. His eyes would go all over the place when he trashed talked. Made people nervous. Nowadays, everyone seems to love the guy.

Football isn't soccer. It's a man's game. I love trash talking.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Word.

+1
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
tromadz
15 years ago

If Carter (Cris Carter, that is) went on ESPN and talked a bunch of trash like Butler did, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. You'd be pissing about it.

Your point: Fail.

"Formo" wrote:

I'm pretty sure he did, and nobody cared.

Your point: super fail
Cheesey
15 years ago
I think most trash talking is an attempt to get into your opponents head, and to get yourself worked up for the upcoming game.
As long as you arn't saying you want to hurt someone, i have no problem with it.
Of course you always run the risk of making yourself look like a fool if you get your ass whipped.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.