dd80forever
14 years ago
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090718/PKR07/90718037/1954/PKR03 

If Brett Favre shows up at Lambeau Field wearing a Minnesota Vikings uniform on Nov. 1 to face the Green Bay Packers, count on Dorsey Levens and Antonio Freeman being there.
Advertisement

Levens and Freeman, who were inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame Saturday at the Lambeau Field Atrium, wouldnt miss that scene for the world.

I think it will be crazy, Levens said. Im going to do everything in my power to make sure I get there to see it firsthand.

Freeman added: It would be a momentous-type day, something that would go down in history for sure, if and when it does happen.

Favre has yet to sign a contract with the Vikings and show that his surgically repaired throwing arm can withstand the rigors of another NFL season.

Some Packers fans have labeled Favre a traitor for wanting to play for the Vikings, but neither Levens nor Freeman has a problem with it.

He wants to play football, and why shouldnt he? Levens said. Its his decision. Ultimately, its his body. Its his career. He can do what he wants to do. And he is exercising that right and its his right.

Freeman said he would encourage anybody with the ability and desire to play in the NFL to go for it, even at age 39.

If he was my son, I would say, Look here, son, you are a football player, you did your time in Green Bay, Freeman said. Now the script is for you to be somewhere else. Why not get one more year out of it, if thats what you want to do?

After spending eight seasons with the Packers, Levens extended his career three years by playing for the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants. Freeman also spent one year with Levens and the Eagles in 2002 before returning to the Packers for one final season.

Neither was shocked when the Packers traded Favre to the New York Jets last summer.

This is the NFL, and nobody is safe, Levens said. Toward the end of your career, nobody is safe. And thats just the nature of the business.

We saw it happen to Joe Montana, my idol Tony Dorsett, Emmitt Smith. Unless you do a John Elway or Jerome Bettis and you retire after winning the Super Bowl, on your own terms, chances are its going to come down to that.

Freeman said he would advise Favre to return for the right motives.

If hes really into it, if hes really into playing 16 games for this team and not sticking it back to the Packers for two games, Freeman said. If you really want to have the chance to help this football team and not quit on this team, and being there for training camp, sweating blood for this team, Id say go play.

Levens could see Favre playing beyond this season. Hes been tough as nails his whole career, he said. I wouldnt be surprised if he played another three or four years. I honestly wouldnt.

Levens said he understands why some fans would struggle with the notion of Favre in a Vikings uniform. But thats not a good enough reason for Favre to stay retired.

He still wants to play, and he cant play in Green Bay, Levens said. So what do you do?"
blank
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
Oh God you're back. At least you missed the Fantasy Football invites 😉.

Anyway, about the article. That's fine if they feel that way. He wants to play and he can't in Green Bay then I suppose he has the right to go to another team... THOUGH that shouldn't force the Green Bay to give him back a job he retired from.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
I have heard MULTIPLE times on WSSP 1250 AM out of Milwaukee that those 2 guys in particular are NEVER going to say a negative word about Brett in the press..

but get them in a bar or in a private setting they will blast him

**** those are not my thoughts, those words came right from Steve Sparky on WSSP****
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I have heard MULTIPLE times on WSSP 1250 AM out of Milwaukee that those 2 guys in particular are NEVER going to say a negative word about Brett in the press..

**** those are not my thoughts, those words came right from Steve Sparky on WSSP****

"longtimefan" wrote:

I'm not sure about Levens, but I have good reason to believe Freeman would be unbias in a private setting ;)

If hes really into it, if hes really into playing 16 games for this team and not sticking it back to the Packers for two games, Freeman said. If you really want to have the chance to help this football team and not quit on this team, and being there for training camp, sweating blood for this team, Id say go play.

That's another tidbit that kind of says, do it for the right reasons, we all will support ya. Or I could be reading it wrong to.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm not sure about Levens, but I have good reason to believe Freeman would be unbias in a private setting ;)

"longtimefan" wrote:

That's another tidbit that kind of says, do it for the right reasons, we all will support ya. Or I could be reading it wrong to.

Blast= will not sugar coat him, will give good with bad..

but in press only give good stuff
Cheesey
14 years ago
MOST guys will be like that. They will say how they REALLY feel in private, but if the press asks them, they will be "PC" about it.

But really, who cares what they think either way? The only one who's opinion i care about on this all is my own opinion.
And again......ALL of it is ONLY opinions. Just because some ex jock says it's ok for BF, and another ex jock says it's not ok, neither opinion is more right then the other.
My feeling is this. If his main motivation is just to show or stick it to the Packers, it's my opinion that that is childish and the wrong reason to play.
If it is just that he loves the game and wants to play, then fine.
But i find the last one hard to believe, based on his own comments and actions.
But thats just my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (11h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.