Cheesey
14 years ago
Tripp......because i disagree with how he has handled all this crap I'm a "Favre basher?" What, i have to agree 100% with everything the guy does, or i'm "bashing" him?
As i have stated over and over, my opinion doesn't matter to BF one bit, and won't make him change his mind.
I never said he was a jerk or an awful person, did I?
All i said is the guy can't seem to make up his mind, and stick with his decision.
If i said he was a worthless piece of crap and should be ashamed of the fact that he wants to play to beat the Packers, THEN i'd say i was a "Favre basher".
Can't you see the difference?
I STILL don't agree with the way he handled his exit from Green Bay, and i hold him accountable for it. Does THAT make me a basher?
I dyed one of my wife's Favre Jets jerseys purple for her.
But I'm a "basher"......cause i state how i feel about Favre wanting to play to beat the team i'm a fan of. The team that gave him a chance to make all the millions he did.
And i STILL buy Favre stuff. But i hate the guy and am a basher.
Yeah......makes a hell of alot of sense to me.
Can you be a Packer fan AND a Favre fan? Yup....sure can. But i guess in your eyes it can't go the other way.
I still hope to meet him some day, and talk with him. But i must hate the guy cause i don't think he's as good as he was 10 years ago. Or i point out that last year he was 22-22 in TDs and INTs. How DARE i point that fact out.
I'm MUST be a basher.
I guess if pointing out that BF is not as good as he was years back is being a basher, then i guess thats me. Of course in reality it doesn't mean i hate the guy or want his leg broken in his first start as a Viking, does it? Do i want the Vikings to win? If Sage is their starter, no. If T-Jackson is their starter, no. If BF is their starter, no.
Pretty consistant if you ask me.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
I believe Favre has put word out there that this is how he feels, but he's going to play. He's not second guessing himself. Favre doesn't do that. He does something and goes through with it. Well he's already gone through with this. He's had the surgery, rehabbed, and a contract of 10 mill is allegedly in place.

This is a typical move by Favre to point the fingers at the Vikings and say that they're the ones who came up with the idea. In reality, Bus Cook is masterminding another PR move for Favre so he comes out on the good side of this regardless of how he plays.

It also makes Favre look like a player that was sought after and not revengeful towards the Packers. Which is complete bs. Of course he wants revenge. That's why he's playing.

If you back away from Favre and look at him as a human for a sec, you can tell right away that Favre is a smart guy and knows what he's doing. He's not this dumb southern boy that he sometimes likes people to think sometimes.

This is all part of what Favre wants right now.
flep
14 years ago
If he signs, he signs...

If he doesn't, he doesn't...

Don't make no difference, he ain't gonna win it with the Vikes.

2009 the Season of the Packers without a doubt.

Where do I put my 10.00 ($15.20)on the Pack winning it all????
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

If he signs, he signs...

If he doesn't, he doesn't...

Don't make no difference, he ain't gonna win it with the Vikes.

2009 the Season of the Packers without a doubt.

Where do I put my 10.00 ($15.20)on the Pack winning it all????

"flep" wrote:

LMAO i'm a betting man and i would definitely take your bet Flep. To many teams in the NFC that i believe are better than us plus look at my odds you have a 1 in 16 chance and i would get 15 of 16 chances. So if you want to donate i will give you my paypal account lol 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago

Tripp......because i disagree with how he has handled all this crap I'm a "Favre basher?" What, i have to agree 100% with everything the guy does, or i'm "bashing" him?
As i have stated over and over, my opinion doesn't matter to Brett Favre one bit, and won't make him change his mind.
I never said he was a jerk or an awful person, did I?
All i said is the guy can't seem to make up his mind, and stick with his decision.
If i said he was a worthless piece of crap and should be ashamed of the fact that he wants to play to beat the Packers, THEN i'd say i was a "Favre basher".
Can't you see the difference?
I STILL don't agree with the way he handled his exit from Green Bay, and i hold him accountable for it. Does THAT make me a basher?
I dyed one of my wife's Favre Jets jerseys purple for her.
But I'm a "basher"......cause i state how i feel about Favre wanting to play to beat the team i'm a fan of. The team that gave him a chance to make all the millions he did.
And i STILL buy Favre stuff. But i hate the guy and am a basher.
Yeah......makes a hell of alot of sense to me.
Can you be a Packer fan AND a Favre fan? Yup....sure can. But i guess in your eyes it can't go the other way.
I still hope to meet him some day, and talk with him. But i must hate the guy cause i don't think he's as good as he was 10 years ago. Or i point out that last year he was 22-22 in TDs and INTs. How DARE i point that fact out.
I'm MUST be a basher.
I guess if pointing out that Brett Favre is not as good as he was years back is being a basher, then i guess thats me. Of course in reality it doesn't mean i hate the guy or want his leg broken in his first start as a Viking, does it? Do i want the Vikings to win? If Sage is their starter, no. If T-Jackson is their starter, no. If Brett Favre is their starter, no.
Pretty consistant if you ask me.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Simmer down there big fella! All this yelling and you might lose your voice for the weekend! Then what am I going to watch on Sunday?

All I said is you have bashed Favre regarding his departure of GB. That is all. I know you still love him for what he has done in GB.

Bashing someone in one area does not mean you dislike them completely.

By the way, nowhere did I say you "hated" anyone.

see ya Sunday, get your acceptance speech ready.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
LordFootball
14 years ago
UserPostedImage

"Yeah so Bus, just tell them I'm busy. K. "
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
Thanks Tripp.
You know how highly i reguard you, and of course Heather too.
To see what you wrote hit me hard.
I understand what you are saying now.
I'm ok.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
is tomorrow the day? 😉
Formo
14 years ago
Thought this was well put... It's a comment from PFT.

We LAYMEN can watch the games, even watch practices, etc., but WE ARE NOT the ones who have an honest-to-god stake in the outcome of Brett's decision, are we? Brett at 39-40 years old is the one who will be taking the reps, and taking the hits... Something else to consider: he must be prepared to hear boos from people he has up until a little over a year ago, played his ass off and played his HEART out for. He has probably had sleepless nights about this, prayed, consulted and searched his soul and questioned his motivation half to death. To YOU AND ME, it's entertainment. To HIM, this is half a YEAR OF HIS LIFE. If it goes badly, he will not get it back, ever. It is about asking sacrifices from his family AGAIN. It is about giving the MEDIA their favorite whipping boy--AGAIN. It is another year under a white hot spotlight in high def, everywhere, ALL THE TIME. AGAIN.

Add in the new element that there will be players clad in green and gold, guys he has been to the mat with, whose role will now be to hit him HARD and serve him up a humiliating loss if they can. Those Packers will not take it easy on him once he puts on that purple, either. Once the games start, they will be coming full force. For some who may be angry with him for whatever reason, there will be even more motivation. NOT TO MENTION, there will be a footnote in the record books for a player who manages to end Brett's streak of starts. AND IF YOU DO NOT THINK that Ted Thompson et al will not have a few errrr..."motivating words" for the fellas just before they take the field against a player who has made him look a fool to at least HALF the country, you are being naive.

People act like Brett is costing them money if he waits to decide until the 30th--the date HE gave us--or that it is a conscious decision he is making just to personally drive them nuts or to get attention. But NO ONE except another person with the last name FAVRE has as much stake in this decision or has as much to gain or lose.
And when was the last time this man was a free agent?

Rnay wrote:

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
14 years ago

is tomorrow the day? ;)

"longtimefan" wrote:

If not, it's the next day! Then the day after! lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.