Packerchick
14 years ago

Latest rumor i heard is the Pats are interested in Lord Favre, They aren't sold on Brady's knee and would love to be able to bring Favre in. If this is true i can understand why he turned down the Vikes for a chance to play with the wr he wanted in NE. That would be scary watching him play with Moss Welker and Galloway as your top 3 wrs. Stay Tuned.

"dhazer" wrote:

Where did that rumor come from?
I am a woman and I love football.
longtimefan
14 years ago

Latest rumor i heard is the Pats are interested in Lord Favre, They aren't sold on Brady's knee and would love to be able to bring Favre in. If this is true i can understand why he turned down the Vikes for a chance to play with the wr he wanted in NE. That would be scary watching him play with Moss Welker and Galloway as your top 3 wrs. Stay Tuned.

"Packerchick" wrote:

Where did that rumor come from?

"dhazer" wrote:

He was asked for a link but never provided one

So take it for what its worth and whom it came from 😉
14 years ago
I bet it came from the Whiner line on WEEI sports talk radio, when someone called in as a joke and said that they are going to bring Favre out of retirement just to trade him and one of the Sox pitchers for Halladay. :lol:
UserPostedImage
evad04
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

I actually laughed when I read this -- because I thought it was a joke. Then I see all these responses asking for a link. Please tell me that there is no link and that you're joking. Not because I'm horrified at the prospect of Favre going to the Pats ... only that I think its mention must be a joke because it is the silliest thing I've ever heard.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

I don't see anyone "ripping" on Favre Hazer.
I think the posters (including you) have remained consistant throughout the whole mess.
I think ALL of us just wanted the guy to make up his mind, either way.
Oh.....and to stick with a decision. Honestly, i was at the point where I was hoping he WOULD play. It would have made for a heck of a story.
But at the same time, i'm glad (or at least i HOPE) it's over.
He's leaving still healthy, and a VERY rich man. His kids will never have to work a day in their lives if they don't want to.
He's got EVERYTHING. And since he's healthy, he can ENJOY it. How many 40 year olds can spend the rest of their lives doing what they want, with NO pressure on how to make next month's bills? If he wants to go hunting, hop on a plane to Alaska and GO. He can do whatever he wants.
Damn......the man is one blessed dude.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Hazer is right with his posts IMO. Some of you are ripping on Favre when he was waiting to make a decision, now that he has made one the ripping still goes on. I don't get it, Favre was a great QB for Green Bay, did some great things for us for as Packer fans. When Green Bay decided to move on, so did Brett Favre what is wrong with that? And how again does this effect us what decision he made or how long it took him to make his decision? There are more things in life to worry about then if Brett is coming back or he retires. I personally think this is his decision not some so called Brett Favre fans that once backed him and now they dont.

I was sad to see him say he was staying retired, I hope that as the time goes on that he does change his mind and comes back, again what is wrong with this? So what!! If the Vikings were holding out for his decision and were giving him all the time to make it who are we to say it was wrong or it was Favre's fault in making everyone wait once again. I will always be a loyal Brett Favre fan and proud to say it.
Heathiee
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago

I don't see anyone "ripping" on Favre Hazer.
I think the posters (including you) have remained consistant throughout the whole mess.
I think ALL of us just wanted the guy to make up his mind, either way.
Oh.....and to stick with a decision. Honestly, i was at the point where I was hoping he WOULD play. It would have made for a heck of a story.
But at the same time, i'm glad (or at least i HOPE) it's over.
He's leaving still healthy, and a VERY rich man. His kids will never have to work a day in their lives if they don't want to.
He's got EVERYTHING. And since he's healthy, he can ENJOY it. How many 40 year olds can spend the rest of their lives doing what they want, with NO pressure on how to make next month's bills? If he wants to go hunting, hop on a plane to Alaska and GO. He can do whatever he wants.
Damn......the man is one blessed dude.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Hazer is right with his posts IMO. Some of you are ripping on Favre when he was waiting to make a decision, now that he has made one the ripping still goes on. I don't get it, Favre was a great QB for Green Bay, did some great things for us for as Packer fans. When Green Bay decided to move on, so did Brett Favre what is wrong with that? And how again does this effect us what decision he made or how long it took him to make his decision? There are more things in life to worry about then if Brett is coming back or he retires. I personally think this is his decision not some so called Brett Favre fans that once backed him and now they dont.

I was sad to see him say he was staying retired, I hope that as the time goes on that he does change his mind and comes back, again what is wrong with this? So what!! If the Vikings were holding out for his decision and were giving him all the time to make it who are we to say it was wrong or it was Favre's fault in making everyone wait once again. I will always be a loyal Brett Favre fan and proud to say it.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Well said HPG!

The man gave his heart and soul to The Packers the whole time he was there.

The organization decided to go in another direction, which IMHO meant Brett should be able to do what he wants.

There are many relieved DC's in the NFL right now knowing that they will not have to gameplan for BF.
BF at 40 is still better than most in the NFL.

Someday this will all pass and all will be forgiven.

Until then just ignore those who think they are being cute or think their ripping on Brett somehow is justified because he waited to make sure whether he wanted to come back or not.

I believe there are many more Packer fans who have the same view on the situation as you and I, they just don't spend the time online stating their views.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well, according to the Milwaukee Journal, about 81% of people are tired of the "will he won't he" stuff. So that means about 8 out of 10 feel that way. Does that mean the 2 are wrong? Nope. You have just as much right to your opinions as anyone else. What i DON'T understand is why there is no tolerance from the minority opinion if someone dares to say they are tired of the waffling. Does it REALLY matter to me if he plays till he's 60 or retires? Nope. In the big scheme, it doesn't make even one tiny bit of difference.
I care about BF, but he's not my god. For that matter, the Packers arn't my god either. But it's my entertainment, which gives me joy. If following BF's every move is what gives you joy, more power to you! I'm NOT trying to take that away from ANYONE. But to blast someone and call them names because they don't go along 100% with your point of view is just plain wrong in my view. I don't blast anyone that wants to follow BF. ALL i disagree with are those that find him blameless in his exit here. When ALL thats said is "The Packers wanted to go in a different direction", like it was all THEIR fault BF left, thats not honest and bothers me. Favre retired, wanted back, they were going to LET him come back, and he backed out again. THEN the Packer wouldn't let him do that a second time, and said they were going in a different direction.
I don't like the blame thats put on the Packer organization when only ONE side is treated like it's blameless.
And if BF wants to play, then i say go for it Brett. But to belittle me and act like i didn't show appreciation for what he did here is dishonest. Trippster disagrees with me, but he also knows and stated he knows how much i care about and appreciate Favre. Just because i don't follow him from team to team doesn't mean i forgot his time here.
Why is there NO room for tolerance about this issue from some? Thats what i'd really like to know.
Have i EVER called Favre a "traitor", or said i hope he gets hurt, or ANYTHING even CLOSE to that? I stated i wanted him to quit so that he wouldn't get hurt bad. Heck, he dodged serious injury for SO long, and the odds are getting worse for him. Does anyone want to see him go out like Joe Theisman did?
Yet i was blasted, saying "It's BF's business what he does, not yours". I never SAID it was my decision to make. ALL i was stating was my OPINION.
Is my OPINION any less valid then anyone else's here? Is there really a "right and wrong" in all this, or is it ONLY our seperate opinions? Did i EVER say ANY of you were WRONG for feeling the way you do? Nope. Just that i didn't feel the same way as you did. So that makes me a bad guy?

With all i have said on this site, THAT issue is what people get all pissy about?
I'll never understand that.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
And we go around and around and around

Wont end EVER
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
oh
my
freaking
gosh

Brett has finally spoken on the issue and given an answer. Move the hell on. Wow. Training Camp within days.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
Perhaps if people would let all the crap die and let the man retire, we might all be able to enjoy this place a little more.

If he doesn't think he's got it in him to go through another season (and given that his preparation thus far isn't anywhere near what it was in 2007, I'm going to go ahead and agree with him on that point), then that's that.

All the rest is for people with an axe to grind; whether it's left-over hostility at Brett or leftover hostility at people who don't bow and worship at his feet, it's all completely unproductive and useless. So maybe... I don't know, drop it?

Just a thought.

And for love of Pete, can we please stop making Cheesey explain that he IS a fan who simply questions some of the man's actions and statements? Honest to God, I've never seen someone have to explain himself so many times when every single explanation has been as clear as day. If you can't stand a fan who also questions his hero, then just - again - drop it.
blank