68md
14 years ago
Best comment yet from Brockington42 at the HQ " A real fan would understand. I do. I understand Favre is a traitorous son of a bitch and when he faces our defense I'm going to hope they take him out of the game, the same as I'd wish upon any other QB of the enemy.

He was a packer QB...now he gets no special favors . Game on
14 years ago

I don't see how this puts the Vikes over the top. I see this move as more of an act of desperation by Chilly.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

Let's see what the Bears fans at my other board are saying...

Did I miss the week when the Vikings became the super team in the NFC? No disrespect, but I'm much more worried about the Packers than the Vikings.

Truth. The packers are 10x better than the vikings

It definitely helps Green Bay that they are trying to run a legit football team and not a circus.

UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago

i know...let's ask marstc how it works...yeah, yeah...

"marstc09" wrote:

This is how it works.

2008 Division Champions with Gus Frerotte/Tarvaris Jackson

2009 NFC Champions with a HOF QB that actually knows what he is doing.

Make sense yet?

"4PackGirl" wrote:

What does the Vikings and Cardinals have in common?

I don't get it, although you are right, Warner certianly knows what he is doing.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
longtimefan
14 years ago

i know...let's ask marstc how it works...yeah, yeah...

"Trippster" wrote:

This is how it works.

2008 Division Champions with Gus Frerotte/Tarvaris Jackson

2009 NFC Champions with a HOF QB that actually knows what he is doing.

Make sense yet?

"marstc09" wrote:

What does the Vikings and Cardinals have in common?

I don't get it, although you are right, Warner certianly knows what he is doing.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Just older future hof q/b

both are nothing similar at all in their style, at this point in time I would take Warner over Brett
Pack93z
14 years ago
Favre on a plane eh... :lol:

UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
14 years ago
Think of this folks which is very scary, Brett went to the Jets last year and helped Jones become the NFL's leading rusher because teams planned to stop the pass. Now he goes to the Vikes with the NFL's best running back so i'm predicting you will see AP go over the 2000 yard mark.
The people that ask how can this make the Vikes better just have the blinders on and are scared of the thought of the Vikes in the Super Bowl.
Then again i think this is where all the hate is coming from towards Lord Favre.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

Think of this folks which is very scary, Brett went to the Jets last year and helped Jones become the NFL's leading rusher because teams planned to stop the pass. Now he goes to the Vikes with the NFL's best running back so i'm predicting you will see AP go over the 2000 yard mark.
The people that ask how can this make the Vikes better just have the blinders on and are scared of the thought of the Vikes in the Super Bowl.
Then again i think this is where all the hate is coming from towards Lord Favre.

"dhazer" wrote:

Do you think the improved running game had anything to do with the offensive lineman they signed last off season, or was it all Brett's doing? I'm just curious, I know Brett makes a hell of a dive at a linebackers knees and all, but come on Haze.

Now the Vikings have regressed in O-line if you ask me. But I know, the media has put the purple haze out there in Viking land leading the lemmings to the cliff. Mike Mayock may actually have to retire when it all comes crumbling down for lack of credibility.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

These posts of yours are what always set me back when I'm trying to actually take what you say seriously.

a. Jones was not the leading rusher in the NFL last year.
b. Favre was coming off his best year of this decade when he went to the Jets. Last year he threw 22 TD 22 INT.
c. Favre was not dealing with post-op fatigue and a rotator cuff tear when he went to the Jets.
d. Favre will not overshadow AP in the eyes of D coordinators. It's an impossibility.

But if you want to keep playing psychologist and telling us what we are seeing and how we are feeling deep down about this whole thing, go right ahead. Just realize that what you're saying when you psychoanalyze is unjustified bullshit.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
my bad he was the leading rusher in the AFC and is now getting the leading rusher in the NFL. So you don't think the teams won't game plan to stop the pass at all? If that happens heaven save us because Lord Favre will think he can play for another 30 years ๐Ÿ˜ž
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
I don't think I've ever seen a football game where a team didn't defend the pass at all. I think the focus will still be on stopping AP. For the Packers D, the focus will be on stopping AP and confusing the QB as much as possible with multiple looks, motions and pressures.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (2h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
    dfosterf (3h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
    dfosterf (18h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (18h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (18h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (19h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.