Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
So this is a good old classic member interview we had on packerforum.com. Let's keep it going

PackersHome name: Packers_Finland
Real name (first only): Tuomas
Current City: Nokia, Finland
Hometown: Viljakkala, Finland
Occupation: Idk what the exact name is in english, but I working in marketing for a local tire factory

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I'm a packer-fan and I'm from Finland. Didn't really use my imagination there.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in a very little place called Viljakkala (population: about 5000), I have two older brothers, the other is 26, and the other 31. We don't see as often as we should, although we try to meet at least once every month. I live quite far away from my parents, but I try to visit them as often as I can.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

We really don't have the system you have in USA, but we did have annual national basketball and soccer tournaments between high schools. I participated in soccer for two years, we never went far since it was a knock-out from the beginning.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Maybe hanging out with my friends everywhere. One time I remember when I was 15 and schools about to start again, we drank a lot of alcohol and started wandering around, when we woke up the next moring we woke up about 20 miles from home near a lake. We were kinda confused and started calling our parents even though we all had a terrible hangover. We weren't as free and wild as we thought.

5) What was your first job?

I was just a guy in a tire factory. It paid well though.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

My cousins living in Wisconsin first told me about football when I was a kid, maybe 8-10 years old. They gave me a Favre trading card, and a few years later I started following football regularly. Every year I just get more interested in football, even though it isn't such a popular sport here.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

The first football game I ever saw. Packers vs Bears in the mid-nineties . I remember they didn't have that good of a game, but it doesn't matter, I had already decided I would always root on the Packers.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

Mr. IronMan sent me an e-mail where he told me a lot of the regulars moved to this site from packerforum.com, and I followed

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I occasionally watch NHL, with Ducks being my favorite team, I doubt you'd know anything if I started listing my local favorite teams.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Playing the drums, skateboarding or snowboarding (depends on time of year), or spending time with my girlfriend

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Draft Day would be nice, I've always been interested in howTed Thompsonmakes seemingly bad picks, but they turn out great. I think I'd get kicked out pretty soon from screaming "NO TT, NO! DON'T TRADE DOWN ANYMORE!"

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Zero. I plan on making one someday though.

13) What is your worst fear?

All kinds of insects. I know, I'm a little girl for saying that. But can't help but remember my old army training days in the woods where I got 4 bee stings on one day, and a hell of a lot of mosquito bites.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Music. I like writing it, playing it and listening it. I also enjoy sports.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Pepper steak. Doesn't matter where, it's always good.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I've traveled all-around Europe, but I've never been beyond that. Being in France was great, amazing sights and great food. Oh, by the way, if you want a steak there that's well made, not even the slightest bit raw, the waiter or waitress will start laughing at you. My friend doesn't like raw food, so he got quite a surprise.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Bungee-jumping. Ever since I was a little kid I've been a bit of a daredevil.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Green Bay, baby! No actually, I think I'm pretty happy where I am now. I've got a good job, friends and everything near me right now.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1. Brett Favre
2. Greg Jennings
3. Donald Driver
4. Nick Barnett
5. Ahman Green - I thought the guy was great. Had lots of great years, even though he was a bit fumble prone.

You will notice most of these are players who play now. That's because every year I follow football more closely than the year before

20) Up to this date, what is your favorite PackersHome Feature or memory?

I'll never forget being at the Tromadz Lounge when Favre made that underhand pass against the Seahawks in the divisional playoffs. It was great. The whole game was great. Maybe the Super Bowl win was great too, but I wasn't as much fun watching it from a tape.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Digsthepack hasn't been interviewed yet has he? I nominate him
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
This was such a good read that I thought it deserves its own thread so people can comments on it as seen fit.]

It amazes me how many out of the country Packers fans we have.. Fin.. nice to know more about you. Thanks for the read.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gopackgo
15 years ago
Awesome interview, glad to see this is still alive and kicking.

Hope you do make the trip to Lambeau someday Fin, it is well worth it.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago
Good read Fin!!!
Glad you are here with us!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Outstanding job Fin.

You need an avatar.
Shrink this one down or find another and put it up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Your first name is Tuomas and you're from Finland? Could it really be the keyboardist of Nightwish, my second favorite band of all-time? And you're a Packer fan? Wow!

By the way, excellent choice for the new singer. I doubted her until I saw her live. She's a strong singer live.

Oh, you're only 23? Never mind.

So...

You mentioned music twice - once you're a drummer, and once how much you like music. Fave bands? What kind of drum kit do you have? You in a band or just play?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
No, I'm not in Nightwish, Tuomas is a common name here. 🙂

I like rock, 80s metal, grunge, and something like that. Alter Bridge, Audioslave, Judas Priest and Smashing Pumpkins come to my mind first.

My drum set includes bass drum with double pedals, snare, hi-hat, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, three small toms, two floor toms. I've been thinking about buying some more cymbals.

Edit: No, I don't play in a band. I occasionally jam with a bassist friend of mine, I also enjoy playing alone.

Edit 2: Typos
This is a placeholder
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

No, I'm not in Nightwish, Tuomas is a common name here. 🙂

I like rock, 80s metal, grunge, and something like that. Alter Bridge, Audioslave, Judas Priest and Smashing Pumpkins come to my mind first.

My drum set includes bass drum with double pedals, snare, hi-hat, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, three small toms, two floor toms. I've been thinking about buying some more cymbals.

Edit: No, I don't play in a band. I occasionally jam with a bassist friend of mine, I also enjoy playing alone.

Edit 2: Typos

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Say Fin, don't spend a lot of time getting your English perfect for us. Just do the best you can and if we don't understand something we will ask you. It will sure make it easier for you that way.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago
finny - nice to "meet" ya!! 😉
longtimefan
15 years ago
This interviews are awesome..glad to know more about ya!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.