Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

You guys can't seriously think that Favre is a downgrade from T Jackson?

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I don't think he's much of an upgrade. The guy hasn't done any substantive offseason preparation. How can people believe he will realistically waltz into camp underprepared and be ready to sail through the season? It's illogical. His last great season came after he busted his ass in the offseason with a trainer to whom he paid something like $4000 a week.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I don't think he's much of an upgrade. The guy hasn't done any substantive offseason preparation. How can people believe he will realistically waltz into camp underprepared and be ready to sail through the season? It's illogical. His last great season came after he busted his ass in the offseason with a trainer to whom he paid something like $4000 a week.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

A washed up, under-prepared, out of shape Favre > T-Jack.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
We shall see, my friend. We shall see. 🙂
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

Honestly?

Favre isn't the QB of the 3 MVPs in the row but T Jackson? I'm excited as a fan of Favre to see him play another year but as a Packers fan I feel that the Vikings improved their QB situation and it will be harder for us to win the division. AP is an absolute BEAST. And now that he has a QB that even has the threat of being a good QB, he's going to be even more deadly.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

No, of course not. What he is is a different kind of QB altogether - same sort of QB (albeit vastly more accomplished) as Sage is.

Obviously, Jackson gets no love here, from Vikings fans, or anyone else for that matter. I still contend that a decent coach could leverage his considerable physical skills and turn him into a fine NFL QB. And I further contend that a versatile, unpredictable offense that featured a mobile, athletic QB like Jackson along with Harvin and AD would be a lot more scary than Chilly's ultra-conventional "kickass" offense, even with a vet like Favre running it.

Favre will help. Of course he will - he represents a credible downfield threat (assuming the slappy WR corps can get open), and that should open up room for AD (not like he needs it). But he doesn't revolutionize what is a very tired and predictable offense - he just stabilizes it.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Excellent analysis.
UserPostedImage
jdspacker4
14 years ago
The vikings will probably average more points per game with Favre at qb then they did last year without him as long as he is healthy and with a decent defense they probably can overcome the boneheaded plays the senile Favre makes. If I was 39 and offered 12 million to play a year of football with a team that has a chance at a superbowl then I'd have a hard time saying no as well. I think he can't let go of the pick he threw in the championship game against the giants and became very bitter when he realized Green Bay had moved on because he had told them that he was done numerous times. His ego didn't allow him to realize that he couldn't do whatever he wanted and get his way in Green Bay with Ted as the GM. Used to love the guy and still like him but the simple fact is that he has been being a douche bag for quite a while or perhaps that could be his problem is that he needs a douche to get the sand out of his ******. He can do whatever he wants, its his life. As a packers fan I hope we annilhilate the Vikings twice, and that both teams make and meet in the playoffs and that we beat the vikings a 3rd time. And the 3rd time not being on a Favre INT but simply the fact that Rodges and company cannot be stopped. Thats my take on it anyway. As for the packers defense Im going to say we will lead the league in INT's and possibly in all turnovers as WE get to play the LIONS with a rookie qb, The BEARS with cutler who will get booed by bears fans I bet, and of course last but not least the VIQUEENS with Favre. So between those 6 games i figure 9-12 picks for US lol, that may be a slight elaboration but it certainly would be silly to think that its not reasonable.
GO PACK GO!!!!
longtimefan
14 years ago
Some in Viking locker room want T-Jack to start?? 

We reported in early July that members of the Vikings hoped that the team would abandon the pursuit of quarterback Brett Favre and give the ball to Tarvaris Jackson.

Moments ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter said during halftime of the Jets-Ravens game that this sentiment still exists in some corners of the Minnesota locker room.

It's likely gotten stronger in light of the fact that Jackson pitched a perfect game on Friday night, generating a highest-possible 158.3 passer rating on 15 attempts.

And if the Vikings struggle out of the gates, the internal calls for Jackson will only intensify.

Cheesey
14 years ago
I can't see "Chilly" pulling Favre to put in Jackson. You don't pay 12 million for a bench warmer.
If Favre looks bad once the season starts, it will be VERY interesting to see how long of a leash he is given.

And FOX6 out of Milwaukee will show at least 7 Vikings games this year.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago

good work then! it's just annoying to see favre fans (and now they're newly christened vikings fans) exist.

"jblock49" wrote:

I see from your videos you are a Yankees fan also?!?!

Ah-ha, you're awesome. Zero2Cool with just LOVE you... 😛
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Still talking about Brett? Wow ...

Just ... WOW
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (5m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.