14 years ago

I'm looking forward to this game too - should be able to get some decent odds on the packers at least.

Just want harris and woodson to play and I wont be worried about our secondary.

hows the cardinals D? they any good

"Dulak" wrote:

Hard to say. They stank it up all season last year until the playoffs, and then they turned it on.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
This will be a good test for the secondary. Arizona is a passing team, and has great talent for that aspect. Rushing, not so much. They were rated what? Dead last in YPG rushing last year with 73.6 yards a game.

I am hoping to see good pressure from the base front without having to do much blitzing. Also with the base front being able to stop the run at the same time.

If the secondary can reasonably handle Fitz and Boldin, they should be able to handle any passing attack we face this year.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bboystyle
14 years ago
article says this is the first time the two teams have met in AZ...Didnt the Packers play them in AZ in 2003 and lost? i remember Favre being red from the heat...
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

article says this is the first time the two teams have met in AZ...Didnt the Packers play them in AZ in 2003 and lost? i remember Favre being red from the heat...

"bboystyle" wrote:

The University of Phoenix stadium was opened in 2006.

About University of Phoenix Stadium
From the outset, Cardinals President Bill Bidwill and son Michael embarked upon the task of building a new stadium for the team with a very clear focus. They were intent on constructing a bold and innovative venue that would set the industry standard for design excellence and provide the ultimate in fan comfort. The result of those efforts is the $450 million complex that opened in August of 2006 on a 165-acre site in Glendale, just west of Phoenix. In addition to hosting Cardinals games, it will be the site of Super Bowl XLII this February. It also hosts the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl annually and last January was the site of the first-ever Bowl Championship Series title game between Florida and Ohio State.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago
Will this game be on espn?
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
14 years ago

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

Don't think this one is on any major network. Minnesota game is on ESPN on monday.
blank
14 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Don't think this one is on any major network. Minnesota game is on ESPN on monday.

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

I feel like a 10 o clock game on a friday night is a weird time.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
14 years ago
for those who cant watch it here, NFL Network will be replaying the game at 1am(pacific time)...this is good for me since i work that night and get off at 10pm
packersfan99
14 years ago
http://www.packers.com/news/blogs/2009_training_camp_blog/ 

Wednesday Post-Practice Update

News & Notes
In their final public workout before heading to Arizona on Thursday, the players were in shells for a non-contact practice.

Both sides of the ball worked a lot on short-yardage and goal-line situations. When the offense was working against the scout team defense, crowd noise was piped in to simulate being the road team.

With the release of C/G Duke Preston, the No. 2 offensive line now consists of LT Tony Moll, LG T.J. Lang, C Scott Wells, RG Evan Dietrich-Smith and RT Breno Giacomini.

DE B.J. Raji continued to rotate with DE Johnny Jolly with the No. 1 defense. McCarthy said Raji would play 20-25 snaps on Friday night in Arizona.

Plays of the Day
The defense got its hands on a lot of passes Wednesday, particularly during 7-on-7 work. Three times CB Al Harris batted down passes in 7-on-7 before finally getting an INT in the final team period of practice. LB Brad Jones tipped, juggled and ultimately picked off a pass for WR Kole Heckendorf, while S Nick Collins nearly had an interception but the ball was punched out from behind by FB Korey Hall. LB Brandon Chillar made perhaps the niftiest play, pulling in a one-handed scoop just off the turf for an interception on a pass deflected by TE Evan Moore.

On offense, QB Aaron Rodgers hit WR James Jones deep down the right sideline for a big gain in team work. Rodgers also found WR Jordy Nelson for a long one during 7-on-7. RB Tyrell Sutton got a lucky TD reception during goal-line work, catching a pass that LB Brad Jones deflected high into the air at the line of scrimmage.

Injury/participation update
LBs Clay Matthews (hamstring) and Desmond Bishop (toe) returned to practice. Matthews took all of his reps at right outside linebacker. He hasn't played in a preseason game yet and won't until the finale next week at Tennessee.

Remaining out were QB Matt Flynn (shoulder), CBs Pat Lee (back) and Will Blackmon (quad), Ss Charlie Peprah (knee) and Aaron Rouse (hamstring), and DE Justin Harrell (back).

blank
Dulak
14 years ago

I feel like a 10 o clock game on a friday night is a weird time.

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

that means 4 am my time ... even wierder ... and probably means I wont be able to see it 😞 maybe I can work something out
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (7h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (13h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.