14 years ago

I agree with this. I used to love the guy and now I don't. It sucks that he's a big joke to so many people now, because he really was one of the best to play the game. Something similar happened to Michael Jordan. He's the best every to play the game, but every time he came out of retirement it got a little bit more ridiculous. Do I feel personally betrayed though? No. I have to save emotion like that for something else, and I am an emotional football fan.

"Silentio" wrote:

yar. +1 from this guy.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

dhazer
14 years ago

personally I would boo becuase I interpret his actions to be at least partially motivated by a personal vendetta against the packers. I consider it very disrespectful of the team that treated him so well, thus, I don't think he deserves any respect from me while he's wearing a viking's uniform.

I also think the Ted Thompson mask idea is pretty funny.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

First off the NFL is just a tv show I dont get why people would get so worked up over favre playing for the vikings. We did fire him after all. If you guys were fired from your job at microsoft, would you have a clean conscience about working for apple if they offered you a job? I would.
If it is for revenge sake I think it will blow up in his face. The williams wall faces a 4 game suspension and that could mean the difference of a 12-4 team going 8-8. I think those two are way more important than the singing of favre this year. Its AP's offense afterall.
Dont get me worng I love football and I am here discussing it with you guys, but quite frankley I think its kind of fun, its going to make for some entertaining entertainment.

"longtimefan" wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Its entertainment, the NFL is better with Favre than without. I don't know anyone in this world that would rather watch Cutler v. Sage as opposed to Cutler v. Favre.

At the end of the day, you have a guy thats coming back that drowned and killed dogs and people are more up in arms about some guy that for the most part just wants to play some football. Even if you believe he's ONLY coming back for revenge and thats it. Who cares, hopefully the Packers beat them twice and the Vikings go 0-16 and his "revenge" fails. Because if you think he's washed up and useless, then that is what will happen, he will fail and you will be happy.

To put things in perspective, Donte Stallworth drove drunk and killed a person and he will be in the league next year. Plaxico Burress endangered the lives of hundreds of people and will be in the league in a couple years. Pacman Jones... um, where to begin. Michael Vick watched as his friends hung dogs from trees.

When you put things in perspective, its not that bad, especially when you consider what he did for this franchise and the NFL.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Brett was fired? I thought he retired?

"gijoe82" wrote:

Brett's retirement sagas can easily be missed.

"musccy" wrote:

Ya just as easily him being traded can be missed when he wanted to come back, i think its safe to say he wasn't wanted here. Because if he was wanted here they wouldn't have traded him ๐Ÿ˜›
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
NormaL
14 years ago
I hope the boo's in Denver pale in comparison to what Favre gets when he comes back to Lambeau. It's become the new competition, which stadium can boo the loudest for a returning QB.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Rockmolder
14 years ago

personally I would boo becuase I interpret his actions to be at least partially motivated by a personal vendetta against the packers. I consider it very disrespectful of the team that treated him so well, thus, I don't think he deserves any respect from me while he's wearing a viking's uniform.

I also think the Ted Thompson mask idea is pretty funny.

"dhazer" wrote:

First off the NFL is just a tv show I dont get why people would get so worked up over favre playing for the vikings. We did fire him after all. If you guys were fired from your job at microsoft, would you have a clean conscience about working for apple if they offered you a job? I would.
If it is for revenge sake I think it will blow up in his face. The williams wall faces a 4 game suspension and that could mean the difference of a 12-4 team going 8-8. I think those two are way more important than the singing of favre this year. Its AP's offense afterall.
Dont get me worng I love football and I am here discussing it with you guys, but quite frankley I think its kind of fun, its going to make for some entertaining entertainment.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Its entertainment, the NFL is better with Favre than without. I don't know anyone in this world that would rather watch Cutler v. Sage as opposed to Cutler v. Favre.

At the end of the day, you have a guy thats coming back that drowned and killed dogs and people are more up in arms about some guy that for the most part just wants to play some football. Even if you believe he's ONLY coming back for revenge and thats it. Who cares, hopefully the Packers beat them twice and the Vikings go 0-16 and his "revenge" fails. Because if you think he's washed up and useless, then that is what will happen, he will fail and you will be happy.

To put things in perspective, Donte Stallworth drove drunk and killed a person and he will be in the league next year. Plaxico Burress endangered the lives of hundreds of people and will be in the league in a couple years. Pacman Jones... um, where to begin. Michael Vick watched as his friends hung dogs from trees.

When you put things in perspective, its not that bad, especially when you consider what he did for this franchise and the NFL.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Brett was fired? I thought he retired?

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Brett's retirement sagas can easily be missed.

"gijoe82" wrote:

Ya just as easily him being traded can be missed when he wanted to come back, i think its safe to say he wasn't wanted here. Because if he was wanted here they wouldn't have traded him :P

"musccy" wrote:

Lol, I was just replying to LTF's post. I tend to stay away from these Favre discussions, but this one was too good to pass on.

Anyway, for those who missed it, this was what happend at the Broncos game. A sign for things to come at Lambeau Field?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81244b24/Rocky-Mountain-return 
Formo
14 years ago

I don't understand why some people don't understand how we can not "love" Brett as a Viking.
I will ALWAYS appreciate what he did during his time as a Packer. But that does not continue as he is a Viking now, one of our most hated rivals.
I do NOT want him hurt, but i don't want him to win, either. Cause if HE wins, the VIKINGS win.
I'd feel the same if T-Jackson was QBing the Vikings. I'd want HIM to do badly too.
I am a PACKER fan.
I won't BOO Brett Favre, i will CHEER him. (When he throws INTS or gets sacked!)

"Cheesey" wrote:

I think that is the general consensus around these parts. I have yet to see a post in the past 2 pages that doesn't line up with how you feel.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dhazer
14 years ago
Vikings | Favre believes he may have cracked rib
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:15:02 -0700

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre (rib) believes he may have a cracked rib. However, Favre has no plans to wear a flak jacket.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

Vikings | Favre believes he may have cracked rib
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:15:02 -0700

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre (rib) believes he may have a cracked rib. However, Favre has no plans to wear a flak jacket.

"dhazer" wrote:

Sometimes Brett.. I have to wonder about you...

If you are a QB or Back and have a rib injury.. the last thing you speak of is that you might have a rib injury.

As a defensive player.. guess where you are going to aim that shoulder.. tell me Brett right or left side? :lol:

And people wonder why they think he is a attention hound.. look at me.. I am injured and going to tough it out.. those two weeks of camp.. meaningless.. you wonder if it is helping the "schism"..lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Kingdom22
14 years ago
Favre was a Packer till he decided to be a baby and cry to a rival's home and try to get revenge. He will be booed mostly but there will be some Favre fans there that would be glad to see him there. Well he did go blue and he will be bruised when he comes to lambeau field.
blank
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

Preach it.

We can applaud him when they retire his number, or when he's inducted into Canton. Wearing purple, though? NOT the time for me to show my appreciation for his years here.

"dhazer" wrote:

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

+1
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

IMO it would be very sad for the fans of the Packers to Boo Favre, I agree it would be classless after what Favre has all done for us fans...... some of you have no heart and cannot remember what Brett has done over the years when he was a Packer. It wasnt his choice to go to another team. Just my two cents worth is all.

"musccy" wrote:

Brett weaseled his way out of a contract with the Jets which provided him with everything he claimed he wanted (contender in a familiar system). There were 31 other teams he could have played for but by HIS OWN CHOOSING he elected to play for the Packer's biggest rival, and the one team Ted Thompson tried to prevent him from going to.

He did some tremendous things while in Green Bay, but that shouldn't give him a free pass to take a giant piss all over the organization that treated him so well for 16 years. If I were sitting there, I'd boo until the cows came home! What he did in the past was great, but I refuse to be supportive of what he's currently doing.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

The Packers did NOT want him, they moved on and so did Brett. I dont care if the man wears purple, pink, orange etc...he still wants to play let him no matter where it is, it doesnt effect my life at all.
Heathiee