Rockmolder
14 years ago
2:27 - 3:08 

Anyway, it was a cheap block. Obviously it was, since he got penalized for it. Maybe he shouldn't have done it, but like said before, that's the way he blocked here as well. I'm just going to asume that he's trying to do a cut block or something, but it never works out.
Greg C.
14 years ago

What's really funny is seeing people go up in arms about this, demanding Favre's head. Like they have any sort of experience playing NFL football..

"Formo" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "demanding Favre's head." I just said it was a cheap shot, which it obviously was. It was probably more a result of incompetence than bad intent (maybe it's not such a good idea for a guy to hop off his lawn mower and join an NFL team), but it was still cheap, and he could've ended that guy's season. Blocking low is one thing--that's what QB's do on those plays--but blocking low from the side when the guy's not looking is another thing.

At least the announcers recognized it for what it was, instead of the usual, "He's just having fun out there."
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
We've seen him do it a dozen times in our uniform when he was a good QB. No reason to suddenly switch ethics because he's washed up wearing purple and jump his booty for trying to be a team player. Cheap shot, yes, move on.
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Speaking of announcers...I was watching Total Access on NFL Network, and Marshall Faulk was praising Percy Harvin as the second coming of Christ. And he then proceeded to mention how these Queen receivers can get yards after the catch, which is something he never had in Green Bay! HUH?! WTF?! I know Faulk is a tool and all, but are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Speaking of announcers...I was watching Total Access on NFL Network, and Marshall Faulk was praising Percy Harvin as the second coming of Christ. And he then proceeded to mention how these Queen receivers can get yards after the catch, which is something he never had in Green Bay! HUH?! WTF?! I know Faulk is a tool and all, but are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!

"LambeauEast" wrote:

He said it a bit unclear, but I think he meant that he did have them in GB, but not in NY.

'Where Favre will fall in love with him at, in GB, something he didn't have with the Jets, run after the catch...'

At least, that's what I make from that sentence.

2:25 
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Definite Cheap shot, on purpose or not, there is no excuse, and it is different from blocks he has thrown before. For us he was out front on an end around or something and he would cut the a player, which is perfectly legal. This was a complete blind side and went straight for the knees, and totally uncalled for. Favre has been in this league for 18 years, and this isn't some new rule. He should know.

I hope the NFL lays a big fine on him. Had it been reversed and been a defender close to his knees, there would surely be a fine. Time for a QB to get equal punishment for once.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Greg C.
14 years ago

Definite Cheap shot, on purpose or not, there is no excuse, and it is different from blocks he has thrown before. For us he was out front on an end around or something and he would cut the a player, which is perfectly legal. This was a complete blind side and went straight for the knees, and totally uncalled for. Favre has been in this league for 18 years, and this isn't some new rule. He should know.

I hope the NFL lays a big fine on him. Had it been reversed and been a defender close to his knees, there would surely be a fine. Time for a QB to get equal punishment for once.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Well-said. He wouldn't have been penalized (and wouldn't have injured the guy) if it was the same kind of block he made in Green Bay.

Reading about it the day after, I think it was a case of him trying too hard to be one of the guys. Favre said that he was trying to protect his teammate, Percy Harvin, from injury. I thought that was a pretty creative way to justify an illegal block.
blank
NiPickle
14 years ago
You have guys like Rodney Harrison, Warren Sapp, Hines Ward and Albert Haynesworth who pull these stunts on a regular basis (or who have pulled this stuff, before retirement!) and you are gonna complain about one time from Favre? Really?

Sure, it was a bad block. Unintentional, but not good. End of story, move on. Next topic please.
blank
DakotaT
14 years ago

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?

"Formo" wrote:

But it's perfectly fine for Lasso boy to go at Schaub's knees last year, twice, and he did take him out? Just good hard play right?

Just so Favre gets the appropriate fine, I could care less about his waffling head.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

You have guys like Rodney Harrison, Warren Sapp, Hines Ward and Albert Haynesworth who pull these stunts on a regular basis (or who have pulled this stuff, before retirement!) and you are gonna complain about one time from Favre? Really?

Sure, it was a bad block. Unintentional, but not good. End of story, move on. Next topic please.

"NiPickle" wrote:

No different from Jared Allen knee shots on Shaub last year, and should be treated the same. Wonder what Brett would be saying if it was a DB that went at his knees.

Jared got 50K fine last year, Brett should get at least that.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.