dhazer
14 years ago

2:27 - 3:08 

Anyway, it was a cheap block. Obviously it was, since he got penalized for it. Maybe he shouldn't have done it, but like said before, that's the way he blocked here as well. I'm just going to asume that he's trying to do a cut block or something, but it never works out.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Rock i'm not sure but i belive that flag fell under the new Hines Ward rule, im going to search more to see. But i have seen tons of qbs do that in past years. I'm not saying its right but its been the norm for qbs for years to just throw their body at a player to block him.

I just watched the replay and it wasn't as bad as it seemed, he didn't go for the knees he actually hits the guy at the waist. Watch the replay in slo mo
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?

"DakotaT" wrote:

But it's perfectly fine for Lasso boy to go at Schaub's knees last year, twice, and he did take him out? Just good hard play right?

Just so Favre gets the appropriate fine, I could care less about his waffling head.

"Formo" wrote:

Ya, friggin' Jared Allen is a "clean, aggressive, can't stop on a dime" non-cheap-shot-artist through purple goggles, and always will be. He's drinkin' again, btw. He all but admitted it during the off-season, and the queen fans are in utter denial about it.

To the subject at hand. I got in one of those smack arguments up at P.P.O. on the night that Barney signed. To my fellow "Puker" fans, you need to know that to the average "Queen" fan, nothing that occurred prior to the 70's counts in the NFL---

They SERIOUSLY argue that we are effectively "tied" with the Vikings since 1963 regarding NFL championships. I am stone cold serious.

So, we are having this little fight, and keep in mind that Favre has been a Viking for like 5 minutes while we are having this discussion...

One of them says, "Well, The Packers did win a SuperBowl during the 1996 season."

Another one comes back with agood one-liner... (I thought)

"Ya, but it took our quarterback to do it."

Now I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

So, in the spirit of that kind of sentiment as displayed at P.P.O.---

"Your quarterback fits in nicely with all the other dirty players on that team."

To the rest of you, I say.

Absence of malice--give the old guy a break--He went low, but hell--I would too if I was a 40 year old fart out there trying to hang with the young bucks...I'll even go one better---He didn't puss out, and I gotta respect that aspect.

Cheap shot? Yaaa Naaah Mayyybe

Intent to injure or even give a crack-back? I say no way.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

Rock i'm not sure but i belive that flag fell under the new Hines Ward rule, im going to search more to see. But i have seen tons of qbs do that in past years. I'm not saying its right but its been the norm for qbs for years to just throw their body at a player to block him.

I just watched the replay and it wasn't as bad as it seemed, he didn't go for the knees he actually hits the guy at the waist. Watch the replay in slo mo

"dhazer" wrote:

The Hines Ward rule is about blinesiding a defender high leading with the head, shoulder or forearm. Crack back blocks have been illegal for years.

As said, if this was a shot on a QB, the player would have the fine before he stepped onto the sidelines after the play. The same should go for this. It was definately low and at the knees, and no excuse for it. And is the worst example of a crack back that I have ever seen.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
14 years ago

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?

"dfosterf" wrote:

But it's perfectly fine for Lasso boy to go at Schaub's knees last year, twice, and he did take him out? Just good hard play right?

Just so Favre gets the appropriate fine, I could care less about his waffling head.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Ya, friggin' Jared Allen is a "clean, aggressive, can't stop on a dime" non-cheap-shot-artist through purple goggles, and always will be. He's drinkin' again, btw. He all but admitted it during the off-season, and the queen fans are in utter denial about it.

To the subject at hand. I got in one of those smack arguments up at P.P.O. on the night that Barney signed. To my fellow "Puker" fans, you need to know that to the average "Queen" fan, nothing that occurred prior to the 70's counts in the NFL---

They SERIOUSLY argue that we are effectively "tied" with the Vikings since 1963 regarding NFL championships. I am stone cold serious.

So, we are having this little fight, and keep in mind that Favre has been a Viking for like 5 minutes while we are having this discussion...

One of them says, "Well, The Packers did win a SuperBowl during the 1996 season."

Another one comes back with agood one-liner... (I thought)

"Ya, but it took our quarterback to do it."

Now I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

So, in the spirit of that kind of sentiment as displayed at P.P.O.---

"Your quarterback fits in nicely with all the other dirty players on that team."

To the rest of you, I say.

Absence of malice--give the old guy a break--He went low, but hell--I would too if I was a 40 year old fart out there trying to hang with the young bucks...I'll even go one better---He didn't puss out, and I gotta respect that aspect.

Cheap shot? Yaaa Naaah Mayyybe

Intent to injure or even give a crack-back? I say no way.

"Formo" wrote:

What I get appalled with is posting on a Packer Forum as a Packer fan and told I have Green and Gold glasses or drink the Green Kool Aid. Guess what, no shit Sherlock, I'm going to take my teams point of view.

BTW, I find PPO very entertainining. Half those clowns don't even know who their left tackle is, but they bleed purple. I would never post there because I have enough personal contact with Viking fans living where I do.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
The guy is out of practice. Put people like that on the field and someone is going to get hurt - either him or other players.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago
It was similar to all the other blocks he has thrown as a packer.

I thought his block was up below the waist too DHazer. Looking at Allens tackles, they were both below the knee.

Would someone please look up the definition of the metrics for declaring a block like that legal or illegal? I really am not sure.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
Dakota:

I would call it about the correct dosage of purple bullshit, then.

It isn't like we are inundated with it, and you know as well as I that Formo's (and the other purple guys running around willy-nilly in here) perspective give us 100 times as much perspective and flavor than their numbers as members would indicate.

I say if Formo wants to put up his purple-goggled bullshit, he will expect and get the green goggled bullshit in return. He knows that. He is incapable of looking at it objectively--this he does not know, at least sometimes, imo. I know this because I read his stuff both here and there.

I know I too am incapable of objectivity, because I read the crap I put up both here and there as well.

I guess that was the long version of he means no harm, he is merely saying it like he sees it, however wrong he might be. He rates, and you damn sure do if you want to call him out on it.

Me? I ENJOY taking on those 8000 or so crazy fools. Why? Unlike a huge percentage of so-called Vikings fans in Minnesota, that seem to not support a very good football "product" unless the weather is quite fair, those people at P.P.O. remind me of a bunch of people whose "fandom" I definitely respect...

Us.
14 years ago

It was similar to all the other blocks he has thrown as a packer.

I thought his block was up below the waist too DHazer. Looking at Allens tackles, they were both below the knee.

Would someone please look up the definition of the metrics for declaring a block like that legal or illegal? I really am not sure.

"Trippster" wrote:

I don't think it was illegal, actually. It was just incredibly dangerous given the situation. The guy clearly did not see Favre coming from the side. Favre had about 3 seconds to prepare and then dove right above his knees. 9 times out of 10 that will injure a player. Like I said, put someone so out of practice on the field, people are going to get hurt.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Illegal crackback block (15 yards) - an illegal block, from any direction, below the waist by any offensive player not on the offensive line (e.g. wide receivers, quarterbacks and running backs)
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago
Oh. Ok so it was very illegal. :lol:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (19h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (19h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.