Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.

"mi_keys" wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. You're right, Favre has the right to do what he wants. We shouldn't prevent him from doing so. That does NOT mean we can't show displeasure or disagreement with it. That's OUR right.
And for the record, if I retired twice in two years from my company, and then called off coming back when my boss was flying to my home to welcome me back, I would not expect them to still be cool with giving me my old office. What you're asking is that we all treat Favre like a diva.

"dhazer" wrote:

No, all I am asking for is that you respect Brett as a person and player.
Heathiee
14 years ago
I guess it doesn't really matter how we receive Brett. I want to hear Rodgers and our team get the biggest cheers I've heard in the stadium in years.
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

You will grow up someday and realize that hating Brett Favre is so immature.

You don't agree with what he did, as do most on this forum, fine, but he still wanted to play football, and The Vikings were the team that wanted him.

Everything else will blow over in time.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

+1
Heathiee
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
IMO Booing is giving Brett more of what he likes attention. Treat him like any other player for a visiting team. If you boo them all, then boo him, if you don't do nothing for the others, then do nothing for Brett.

In the Viking uniform, he is just another visiting player. Look at the reception Cutler got in Denver. I think that looked completely classless from the fans.

I for one will not be one of them fans.

If anything, When Brett walks onto the field. Cheer for Rodgers, and drown out anything else.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.

Whoa whoa whoa. You're right, Favre has the right to do what he wants. We shouldn't prevent him from doing so. That does NOT mean we can't show displeasure or disagreement with it. That's OUR right.
And for the record, if I retired twice in two years from my company, and then called off coming back when my boss was flying to my home to welcome me back, I would not expect them to still be cool with giving me my old office. What you're asking is that we all treat Favre like a diva.

"mi_keys" wrote:

No, all I am asking for is that you respect Brett as a person and player.

"dhazer" wrote:

What's incredible to me is that I used to respect him more than any other athlete. I was 100% on his side. He has squandered that respect. Respect is something you earn. I don't think he's a P.O.S. chump or anything, but there are definitely other athletes I admire more than him now. It just seems like he used to show strength in the face of adversity, and the strength in him would triumph over his weaknesses. Now his weaknesses seem to be driving him. When I heard Gruden talk about Favre during MNF, and how "making him feel wanted" can go a very long way with Brett, and Childress just "showed him some love" to get him there... that is insecurity driving his decisions, plain and simple. It's kind of sad to see. I don't recognize any of that old inner strength surfacing to conquer much anymore.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

IMO Booing is giving Brett more of what he likes attention. Treat him like any other player for a visiting team. If you boo them all, then boo him, if you don't do nothing for the others, then do nothing for Brett.

In the Viking uniform, he is just another visiting player. Look at the reception Cutler got in Denver. I think that looked completely classless from the fans.

If anything, When Brett walks onto the field. Cheer for Rodgers, and drown out anything else.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

i gave you a +1 for that, it made their fans look foolish and hopefully our fans won't look like such idiots.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
NormaL
14 years ago
Guess I'm classless cause I thought it was pretty entertaining to see all the fans voicing their feelings towards Cutler.

If you can cheer for your heroes, you can boo the enemy. It's part of what makes football great, the emotions involved by both the fans and the players.

Of course I don't have a man crush on Favre, so I won't be trying to lead others to believe it's ignorant to boo a player.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Nice. I agree with pretty much all you said there. There'll be some boos and I won't mind them, but he did play for us for quite a few years. Obviously, I don't want him to get a Packers-like reception, but a normal Vikings one will do. Of course you can cheer when he throws an interception. The fans always cheer when the Packers get one. Unrealistic as it sounds, just go along as if it would be a normale game. Realistically, I don't think that'll happen, though.

Once again, please don't tell me that he's doing this for the love of the game. He said that he was totally done, waited untill he got released by the Jets and misteriously got a Vikings playbook at his house not too long after that. You can tell me all you want, but this is not just for the love of the game.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
Tank McNamara cartoon.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

Tank McNamara cartoon.

"wpr" wrote:

Ha.

That's overall pretty true, too.. lol