all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Isn't it strange that Kampman returned a fumble for a TD, the first time since High School after his HS coach was killed? Kampman even mentioned something about not having done that since High School.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

After getting asked about what it felt like to return the fumble for TD for the fourth time by a reporter, Kampman remarked that he hadn't done it since high school.

My guess is that Kampman just referenced that fact in passing.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
I am sure the switch was weighing on his mind. Along with being a lot to learn and process, being asked to switch positions basically in a contract year, has to leave him with some thoughts. Everyone knows that he was going to get a healthy contract being a 4-3 DE, and this move will impact that. If his performance does not show up like it has in the past, he could lose money. If he continues with similar or better than that money. I am sure that he has been thinking on how he is going to do and how it is going to effect the rest of the D and team.

Good to see him opening up again, now that he is gaining confidence and comfort. And it was great to see him run that fumble in, nobody deserved it more.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
sfalim
14 years ago
I think with Kampman during the off-season it was really more a fear of the unknown, and having to learn a totally new position in a contract year. Being as good a DE as he was, I'm sure he was having doubts if he could be as effective as an OLB. And also having to compete for a job with our LBs who's played the position their whole lives, I'm sure that's the reason for his apprehension.

His "I'm learning it" answer to almost every question thrown at him by reporters was acceptable and didn't seem odd to me. He's just being honest and reserving judgement until such time that he's fully learned the new system. You'd hope for the players to be like that rather than get too ahead of themselves.
blank
dhazer
14 years ago
Well i remember Rodgers saying something about AK not liking it in one of his interviews which got its own thread, also isn't this a contract year for AK?

If it is i would be unhappy at first also because it will cut down the sacks but he should look at it this way, if he does a decent job in the 3-4 it opens him up to going to alot more teams. He won't be limited to just a 4-3 defense.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
gotarace
14 years ago
Wasn't Kampmans no comment to reporters what lead to the Kamppy is unhappy article anyhow. The way i see that is a no comment can be spun to anything a reporter needs to sell papers.

I respect Kamppy for not saying a thing when drilled about the switch...Hell at that time he didn't even know if the switch would be to the Packers advantage. To tell you the truth we still don't know how it will shake out, but things are looking good as of today.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Pack93z
14 years ago
Is he happy? Couldn't say for sure that he was unhappy or is now happy.. never bucked anything or missed any time..alot has went on in Aaron's life outside of football.. tornado hitting his hometown to the untimely death of a close mentor.. maybe he has been overloaded and wants to just focus on the job to get away from it all.

On a different note... Kampy looks alot better in space than I would have guess at this point, however he is struggling when engaging blockers from the "up" stance.. queue some tape on runs at or to his side.. the TE was routinely getting under him and effectively pushing Aaron.. not something you seen too much from the down position.

That alone is a pretty good adjustment to handle.. and even though I would have guessed it to be the first one he successfully made.. it appears that there is still more work to be done on that front. Happy or not.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
porky88
14 years ago

Well i remember Rodgers saying something about AK not liking it in one of his interviews which got its own thread, also isn't this a contract year for AK?

If it is i would be unhappy at first also because it will cut down the sacks but he should look at it this way, if he does a decent job in the 3-4 it opens him up to going to alot more teams. He won't be limited to just a 4-3 defense.

"dhazer" wrote:

He's in the right position if he wants to get sacks. 3-4 backers are among the best pass rushers in the league. If Kampman can make the transition, his sack total will go up most likely.

9.5 for a player like Kampman isn't without question. He should come fairly close to that and that's what he had a year ago.
beast
14 years ago
I think Kampman was unhappy. You could see it on his face and the way he acted. BUT the question is still what was he unhappy about?

Was he unhappy about the switch to the 3-4?
OR
Was he unhappy about the media doubting him being able to make the switch and trash talking about him in the media about how he couldn't do it and he would have to be traded after he worked so hark and so long to prove to everyone that he could play in this league?

or could it be something else?

or all of the above?

My money would be on he was unhappy with the media... I think that was clear. Now was he also unhappy about the 3-4? I think I'll never know.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

I think Kampman was unhappy. You could see it on his face and the way he acted. BUT the question is still what was he unhappy about?

Was he unhappy about the switch to the 3-4?
OR
Was he unhappy about the media doubting him being able to make the switch and trash talking about him in the media about how he couldn't do it and he would have to be traded after he worked so hark and so long to prove to everyone that he could play in this league?

or could it be something else?

or all of the above?

My money would be on he was unhappy with the media... I think that was clear. Now was he also unhappy about the 3-4? I think I'll never know.

"beast" wrote:

+1. I'd bet good money that what really chapped his hide was everyone (including many of the posters here) saying he couldn't make the adjustment. NFL players have to adjust to and learn new schemes all the time, thanks to NFL fans who want coaches fired if they can't win 3 SBs in 2 years or something. No, I'm sure having to adjust wasn't fun, but dude knows that's why he gets a fat paycheck.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Kampman was upset with how the media was focusing so much attention on him. He implied that as well in his interview. Watch it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (43m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.