mi_keys
14 years ago

Let Chilly line Brett up at WR against us. He will take the place of Furrey

[youtube]o3AgU47G7Hg[/youtube]

Embedded video. --NSD

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

A perfect example of the "bump and done" coverage.
Born and bred a cheesehead
LambeauEast
14 years ago

It was similar to all the other blocks he has thrown as a packer.

I thought his block was up below the waist too DHazer. Looking at Allens tackles, they were both below the knee.

Would someone please look up the definition of the metrics for declaring a block like that legal or illegal? I really am not sure.

"Trippster" wrote:

There was NO way it was "up below the waist"...it was at the knees! I thought dude's leg was broke when I saw it.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?

"DakotaT" wrote:

But it's perfectly fine for Lasso boy to go at Schaub's knees last year, twice, and he did take him out? Just good hard play right?

Just so Favre gets the appropriate fine, I could care less about his waffling head.

"Formo" wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with you? I never said what Jared did was legal. I said it was without the intent you claim he had (which if I remember correctly was that Allen was intentionally trying to hit Schaub's knees). Funny, Schaub is over it.. Why can't you do the same?

You have guys like Rodney Harrison, Warren Sapp, Hines Ward and Albert Haynesworth who pull these stunts on a regular basis (or who have pulled this stuff, before retirement!) and you are gonna complain about one time from Favre? Really?

Sure, it was a bad block. Unintentional, but not good. End of story, move on. Next topic please.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

No different from Jared Allen knee shots on Shaub last year, and should be treated the same. Wonder what Brett would be saying if it was a DB that went at his knees.

Jared got 50K fine last year, Brett should get at least that.

"NiPickle" wrote:

Actually, Jared got fined that much for TWO shots. Not one. Brett should realistically get a 25k fine.

First, Brett has done this throughout his career..

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The major difference here is that on this play, he was lined up wide as a receiver, and since he cracked back in toward the play, the move was therefore illegal

"pack93z" wrote:

Yes. But the point still stands.. Favre has 'thrown blocks' like that for many years.. Diving at peoples feet or diving at their knees, still is a cheap block, regardless where the defender is looking. I am not arguing that. I even said he should get fined.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Come on, guys, let's steer this thread away from the rocky shoals of lockage.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?

"dfosterf" wrote:

But it's perfectly fine for Lasso boy to go at Schaub's knees last year, twice, and he did take him out? Just good hard play right?

Just so Favre gets the appropriate fine, I could care less about his waffling head.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Ya, friggin' Jared Allen is a "clean, aggressive, can't stop on a dime" non-cheap-shot-artist through purple goggles, and always will be. He's drinkin' again, btw. He all but admitted it during the off-season, and the queen fans are in utter denial about it.

"Formo" wrote:

Who cares? As much as I think he should not be drinking.. as long as he doesn't drive, I have no issue with it (assuming you are right).

To the subject at hand. I got in one of those smack arguments up at P.P.O. on the night that Barney signed. To my fellow "Puker" fans, you need to know that to the average "Queen" fan, nothing that occurred prior to the 70's counts in the NFL---

They SERIOUSLY argue that we are effectively "tied" with the Vikings since 1963 regarding NFL championships. I am stone cold serious.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Stereotyping, my friend. That's like saying all you Puker fans love sheep. You know.. in that 'special' way.

So, we are having this little fight, and keep in mind that Favre has been a Viking for like 5 minutes while we are having this discussion...

One of them says, "Well, The Packers did win a SuperBowl during the 1996 season."

Another one comes back with agood one-liner... (I thought)

"Ya, but it took our quarterback to do it."

Now I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

"dfosterf" wrote:

lol Just the same response we would get from you guys if Favre somehow managed to get the Vikings a Super Bowl win.

So, in the spirit of that kind of sentiment as displayed at P.P.O.---

"Your quarterback fits in nicely with all the other dirty players on that team."

To the rest of you, I say.

Absence of malice--give the old guy a break--He went low, but hell--I would too if I was a 40 year old fart out there trying to hang with the young bucks...I'll even go one better---He didn't puss out, and I gotta respect that aspect.

Cheap shot? Yaaa Naaah Mayyybe

Intent to injure or even give a crack-back? I say no way.

"dfosterf" wrote:

lol What other 'dirty' players? I know you all hate Allen.. but besides him?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

What the fuck is wrong with you? I never said what Jared did was legal. I said it was without the intent you claim he had (which if I remember correctly was that Allen was intentionally trying to hit Schaub's knees). Funny, Schaub is over it.. Why can't you do the same?

"Formo" wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that his first press conference he announced he was taking out Green Bay's quarterback, maybe it's the fact that he was hauled into the league office twice last year for cheap ass hits only to be slapped on the wrist twice, maybe it's the fact that he keeps wearing a haircut worn by illeterate tobacco chewing rednecks. Whatever it is I just don't like the fvkcing guy, which is my perrogative. My question to you purple goggle toting people is what does it take for you fans to distinguish a dirty player - does that player actually have Jack Tatum somebody out there? Allen has done enough to wear the lable. Did you happen to see his reaction when Cherilous leagally blocked him. If he wouldn't have been restrained he would have started a fight. That is the temper of an unstable man. Schaub on the other hand had to be carted off the field but showed no anger. I could care less your opinions on Jared's intent.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

I could care less your opinions on Jared's intent.

"Formo" wrote:

Feeling's mutual. =)

Everyone plays the game differently. You like the cute, in control at all times type of guy.

I like the chaotic mass destruction kind of guy.

This is football, right?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

I could care less your opinions on Jared's intent.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Feeling's mutual. =)

Everyone plays the game differently. You like the cute, in control at all times type of guy.

I like the chaotic mass destruction kind of guy.

This is football, right?

"Formo" wrote:

Buddy, your team always has a designated a-hole which is now Jared Allen. It use to be Chrissy Hovan, before him I never did care much for Cry baby Chris Carter or Psycho (when the camera is around) John Randle. It doesn't mean I don't think they aren't good players, I just don't care for them.

Please don't call us Puker fans on our own board. You're only asking for hostility. This season will test all Viking/Packer friendly relationships.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
Hovan was a fake. Never liked him much.. Ran his mouth and never backed it up. I loved his pride, but not his production.

As far as Randle, Carter and Allen.. Exactly the type of players I love on my team.

You reserve and exercise your right to hate any player on my team, that's cool. Just like I reserve and exercise my right to hate everything about yours.

'Friendships' will always be strained. I'm not worried about the hostility. You forget, the majority of my closest friends I grew up with were Pack fans. There were fights, gloating, poking and prodding.. And mostly fights. I'm not worried about that.

The only thing that really bugs me is the blind goggle-wearing comments. At least use a little bit of objectivity.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

Hovan was a fake. Never liked him much.. Ran his mouth and never backed it up. I loved his pride, but not his production.

As far as Randle, Carter and Allen.. Exactly the type of players I love on my team.

You reserve and exercise your right to hate any player on my team, that's cool. Just like I reserve and exercise my right to hate everything about yours.

'Friendships' will always be strained. I'm not worried about the hostility. You forget, the majority of my closest friends I grew up with were Pack fans. There were fights, gloating, poking and prodding.. And mostly fights. I'm not worried about that.

The only thing that really bugs me is the blind goggle-wearing comments. At least use a little bit of objectivity.

"Formo" wrote:

So if I say Chris Carter pushed off to get open about 60% of the time you would respond how?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.