Rockjock07
15 years ago

Wrong. Big Packer fan here.

Not a fan ofTed Thompsonat all.

I think it is was a mistake forTed Thompsonto shitcan BF in favor of AR.

If you happen to remember, BF had a tremendous year last year and you just don't throw that kind of thing.

The thing that irritates me is that some people here think that Aaron Rodgers is going to do the exact same thing, or better, That, imo, is a big stretch, and one that was unneccesary.

Now if a Rodger's led Packer team doesn't make the playoffs, or is one and done, then it is not an improvement over last year, in my opinion.

This is the rub that so many here so cavalierly don't consider when judging the move that was made byTed Thompsonin August. But believe me, it will be magnified if the Packers don't make the playoffs, or are one and done with a poor showing.

This is why you can't just sweep Favre under the rug, because the history of this team can not be denied. They were poised to make a SB run this year, andTed Thompsondecided to change gears. To me, if they do not at least make the NFC Championship game this year, it is a failure.

There is no other way to look at it.

(So RP...put away the robes and the annointing oil, because this boy has far to go to fill BF 's shoes.)

"Roddyboy" wrote:

I can sweep Favre under the rug quite easily because he's not a member of my team. Also, if you think Aaron Rodgers is another Tedford guy then you don't know anything about football. that would mean the Aaron is on the same level as Kyle Boller which is asine to suggest and really lacks logic thought.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
zombieslayer
15 years ago

The upcoming week will be a great test for you guys, and I find myself pulling for the Packers against the Cowboys.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

lol, you must really hate the Cowboys Paul.

"arrowgargantuan" wrote:

Yes. Yes, I do. ;)

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Well, I was really pulling for you guys to beat the Colts. I hate the Colts almost as much as I hate the Cows. My hate-o-meter is at 100% for the Cows and probably equal for the Colts, da Bears, and the Broncos, which is in the high-90s.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
obi1
15 years ago
Roddyboy

Why is it that when someone doesn't WORSHIP Favre and the ground he walks on, we are dissing him and when YOU diss Rodgers, its OK?a

And as it always has been with your posts, Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy is at fault behind Packer ills, Favre WAS the Packers, and if people disagree with you, you think they are morons.

Geez, why is it that you sound like an angry mother in law of somebody?
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I guess some will enjoy it. I personally find it rather sad.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
I swear upon my soul.. each and every thread for the remainder of the year here very well might boil down to a Arod vs Favre vs Ted Thompson vs Mike McCarthy .. :eyeslam:

Enjoy the ride.. this "team" is 2-0.. none of the above are carrying or hampering this team.. we look competitive again and what more can a fan ask for.. I love Favre, will always be a favorite, but as all great things eventually do.. that run has ended and another has begun.. rejoice as we could be saddled with a QB that can't play his way out of a paper bag. Vince Young anyone?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
walleye
15 years ago
How bout alex Smith
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
DakotaT
15 years ago

The upcoming week will be a great test for you guys, and I find myself pulling for the Packers against the Cowboys.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Yes. Yes, I do. ;)

"arrowgargantuan" wrote:

Well, I was really pulling for you guys to beat the Colts. I hate the Colts almost as much as I hate the Cows. My hate-o-meter is at 100% for the Cows and probably equal for the Colts, da Bears, and the Broncos, which is in the high-90s.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Funny, Zombie, I was at the Dump on Sunday and enjoyed every bit of the stroll around the stadium after the game.

Tickets and Transportation - $350
Recreational expenses for the weekend- $500
Watching 65,000 Viking fans realize their team sucks - Priceless
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yes. Yes, I do. ;)

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"arrowgargantuan" wrote:

Funny, Zombie, I was at the Dump on Sunday and enjoyed every bit of the stroll around the stadium after the game.

Tickets and Transportation - $350
Recreational expenses for the weekend- $500
Watching Viking 65,000 Viking fans realize their team sucks - Priceless

"NodakPaul" wrote:

:thumbright: well done +1
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Roddyboy

Why is it that when someone doesn't WORSHIP Favre and the ground he walks on, we are dissing him and when YOU diss Rodgers, its OK?a

And as it always has been with your posts, Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy is at fault behind Packer ills, Favre WAS the Packers, and if people disagree with you, you think they are morons.

Geez, why is it that you sound like an angry mother in law of somebody?

"obi1" wrote:

I know OB1......crazy, isn't it? He's so pissed at Ted Thompson for not worshipping Favre, that he is blinded to all the great things Ted Thompson has done for this franchise. Favre retired, and Ted Thompson held him to it. Had Favre not retired, he'd still be the QB here.
Now......we are 2-0, and Rodgers has played lights out. We couldn't be in a better position if BF was QB, could we? So far it looks like Ted Thompson knew what he was doing.
Roddy.......if we make the playoffs this year, and do better then "one and done", will you admit Ted Thompson isn't the idiot you claim he is?
Why don't you stop your hate fest until theres some PROOF that Ted Thompson letting Favre go was an idiot move? So far, Aaron Rodgers has'nt made any mistakes. It would be different if he was stinking up the place. But he's NOT. He's making Ted Thompson look like a genius right now.
Seriously........I think even if we won The Super Bowl this year, you'd still hate Ted Thompson and say he's an idiot. It has nothing to do with whether Ted Thompson was right or not, you will hate the guy cause he let Favre go. So he can't win you over, no matter what happens. Thats obvious from all of your posts. If it wasn't, you sit back and say "I'll wait to see how we do this year, THEN give my analysis." Because if you go by what has happened so far, you'd have to admit Ted Thompson just MIGHT be right......and i doubt you will do that. The Packers are 2-0 right now, and Aaron Rodgers has thrown 4 td's, ZERO ints. How much more could you possibly want?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Cheesey - That post just looks so funny with all the heads.

Some people can't let it go. I personally think I had every reason to have a hard time - I thought the world of BF (still do) and he's my favorite player ever. I became a Packer fan when we sucked royally, and losing was all I knew until BF came around.

Now, Aaron Rodgers is here and we're winning. Can't complain. Aaron Rodgers 's doing great so far. I'm so proud of my Packers team.

Hopefully next weekend we defeat my arch enemies.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷