mi_keys
14 years ago

There are, of course, thousands of Packers fans in the Twin Cities. I've probably run into or heard from, oh, all of them. Not one can let go of the Favre thing. They are obsessed with his decisions to retire and then not to retire.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

What irks me about this opinion piece is not that it's inflammatory (opinion pieces often are) but that it's irrational, which a trained journalist should not be. Leaving aside the obvious hyperbole in the statement quoted above, it's still irrational. He's "run into or heard from" every one of the thousands of Packers fans in his area? "Not one can let go" of the fact Favre no longer plays for the Packers? Really? Even without regard to the fact that he fails utterly to differentiate between Packers fans and Favre fans, his argument completely ignores the obvious fact that only those Packers/Favre fans who actually care about this situation would bother to contact him. People like me, who couldn't care less, would not take the time to write him, and therefore would not be represented. His sample is therefore not only not representative, it's entirely biased.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1

I'm looking forward to seeing just how desperate their articles will become if the Vikings start to falter this year and the Favre saga blows up in their face.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Cheesey
14 years ago
I just laughed!
A guy that wants people to stop talking about Favre, talks about Favre.

There are good and bad fans of ALL teams. Thats fact.
To make a big deal out of it.........i guess he had nothing to write about, so he used "old faithful" to make up a column.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Favre will always hold a place in Packer fans hearts.. and uttering his name is sure to bring an emotion of some sort to a majority of the Packer fan base.

Unless you view it as how modern day sports works with players moving around like nomads, you will be left hanging on in either grief or anger.

They parted ways.. it is done and moving forward.

Put I think it is in error to push someone to move past it that isn't ready.. people handle things differently.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
14 years ago
Thats true Pack93z!
Everyone deals with it their own way.
Some choose to follow Favre everywhere he goes, and they have a right to do so.
Heck, i still care alot about the guy. I hope he doesn't get hurt. Thats my main "concern" for him. I do NOT want him to do well for the Vikings, because I'm not a fan of the Vikings. Is that spewing venom? I don't think so, but that writer might see it that way.
I want the Packers to "spank" the Vikings both games this year. But i also hope NO player on EITHER team gets hurt.
My wife is one that follows Favre. She has never been a football fan, and only watched with me to see what Favre would do. So i don't say anything bad about him, or she gets mad at me!!!LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
meh.

*yawn*

who?

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Formo
14 years ago

So i don't say anything bad about him, or she gets mad at me!!!LOLOL!!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Now that is funny. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
LambeauEast
14 years ago
I embrace my hatred...I nurture my hatred...I LOVE my hatred! And the whole "poison pill" was not because they didn't want anyone else to have him, (he was traded to the Jets, so that is obviously not true...silly dhazer) it was because they knew LAST season he wanted to be a Queen, and they were right!

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?! He did, but oddly enough it WASN'T the Queens, Bears or Lions...therefor making that argument null and void in my opinion.

Thank you, and good day!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?!

"LambeauEast" wrote:

As a matter of fact, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason but went 0-16 in the regular season.
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

As a matter of fact, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason but went 0-16 in the regular season.

"LambeauEast" wrote:

+1 to you, Non...you don't miss a thing!
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

There are, of course, thousands of Packers fans in the Twin Cities. I've probably run into or heard from, oh, all of them. Not one can let go of the Favre thing. They are obsessed with his decisions to retire and then not to retire.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

What irks me about this opinion piece is not that it's inflammatory (opinion pieces often are) but that it's irrational, which a trained journalist should not be. Leaving aside the obvious hyperbole in the statement quoted above, it's still irrational. He's "run into or heard from" every one of the thousands of Packers fans in his area? "Not one can let go" of the fact Favre no longer plays for the Packers? Really? Even without regard to the fact that he fails utterly to differentiate between Packers fans and Favre fans, his argument completely ignores the obvious fact that only those Packers/Favre fans who actually care about this situation would bother to contact him. People like me, who couldn't care less, would not take the time to write him, and therefore would not be represented. His sample is therefore not only not representative, it's entirely biased.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Thank you. I can assure you he's not ever run into me. He'd remember that.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.