Roddyboy
15 years ago
Nice generalizations, there Obi1.

For the record.

Wolf: I liked...
Holmgren: I liked..
Sherman: Didn't like...hated and despised the man.... Mike McCarthy : Don't have a problem with... Ted Thompson :...................................(Well..this is a family forum..and I'll leave it at that!) Aaron Rodgers : neutral...waiting for a body of work.

So there, get it straight, homey...
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

But, you can't convince me, and the rest of the country, that it was a wise move byTed Thompson to get rid of your HOF QB the year after he just took you to the NFC Championship game and was poised to take you to the SB. That kind of logic is laughable.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Not necessarily so. Branch Rickey is in the baseball HOF. He once said,
"Trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late."

Since there are not many years left for Brett it is incredible that GB could get a 2nd round pick for him.

"wpr" wrote:

Let's see if you're saying that at the end of the season. :pukeright:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

It don't matter. Point is it is done. GB got a min of a 4th round pick more likely a 3rd round pick and hopefully a 2nd for a guy who was retired. That is unbelievable. Even if Brett plays 3 more years (which I doubt) that is quite a deal. I hope Brett takes New Jersey, I mean New York, to the playoffs every year he plays for them. It is still a good deal for the Packers.
I know you don't like it but oh well. I will just have to learn to live with the pain.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Nice generalizations, there Obi1.

For the record.

Wolf: I liked...
Holmgren: I liked..
Sherman: Didn't like...hated and despised the man.... Mike McCarthy : Don't have a problem with... Ted Thompson :...................................(Well..this is a family forum..and I'll leave it at that!) Aaron Rodgers : neutral...waiting for a body of work.

So there, get it straight, homey...

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Interesting, because it's close to me.

Wolf - I liked.
Holmgren - I liked, except for how he coached when we lost to the Broncos. We should have won that game.
Sherman - As a person, I thought he's a decent man. But a horrible GM and too conservative a Coach. I blame him heavily for losing to the Eagles. I still can't get over that loss. You have not one, not two, but three RBs who average 5+ ypc, and you punt on 4th and 1 from your opponents 40. Stupid. Give it to Green, Green gets a first down, and there will be no 4th and 26. Mike McCarthy - I like a lot. I think his coaching in '07 was incredible. I think he's softened up a bit in '08 so far and needs to get that edge back. Ted Thompson - I think he's a damn good GM, but he's not perfect like some people on this board like to think. The thing is, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head I like better though, even though I did get pissed at him in the offseason for the way he handled BF and also for getting rid of Corey Williams (who's stinking in Cleveland right now, not because he's not good but I think this system is much, much better for him).

The reason I think he's a damn good GM is he inherited a team in salary cap hell with no depth whatsoever and a very bad D and got us financially sound, tons of depth, and in the black again. Great job. But I'm not going to crown him until we win the big one.

The whole BF situation - it's all water under the bridge now. Aaron Rodgers is our QB, so I'm rooting for him to succeed. I personally am rooting for BF to go far with the Jets, to play another year after this one, and get some playoff victories. If we don't win the SB, I sincerely hope the Jets do. BF is my favorite player ever. I'm also hoping he puts the wins, TD passes, and yards records so far out of reach that they're not broken for another 20-30 years. That would be awesome. I don't want to see P Manning break any of those records.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dingus
15 years ago

Let's see if you're saying that at the end of the season. :pukeright:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

I just watched the NFL replay of the game. We have such an exciting team this season. Limitless potential, lots of solid starters and a pretty good set of back-ups.

I remember during the Sherman years we had quality starting players and nothing else!
Ted Thompson has brought respectability back to the Green Bay Packers. Mike McCarthy has brought responsibility back to the players. That's the stuff I hope for each new season and, so far, we are off to a pretty respectable start.

If you're a GBP fan you should hope for nothing else, all the rest will fall into place. There are 53 men on that roster who give it their all week in and week out, yet one man moving on has soured all of that for some.

Go Pack Go! Win or lose next week I'll be chomping at the bit for more!

Roddy, he'll be crying if we win or jumping up and down if we lose. And he calls himself a fan!

But you know what, I hope he's back next week spewing his bile cuz that means we're 3-0 baby!
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

I'm also hoping he puts the wins, TD passes, and yards records so far out of reach that they're not broken for another 20-30 years. That would be awesome. I don't want to see P Manning break any of those records.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

If he would admit it, so does Brett. ::razz:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I'm also hoping he puts the wins, TD passes, and yards records so far out of reach that they're not broken for another 20-30 years. That would be awesome. I don't want to see P Manning break any of those records.

"wpr" wrote:

If he would admit it, so does Brett. ::razz:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

The thing is, all these athletes say "the records don't matter, blah blah blah." Yeah, right. I'm sure Marino wasn't feeling like Merry Christmas when Favre broke each one of his one by one. And I'm sure Carl Lewis wasn't stoked when the next guy broke his speed record. And so on.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago
Hey Roddy......just how many Super Bowls did Brett Favre win in the last 10 years?
HOW MANY??????
Yup.......Rodgers won just as many as Favre.
Favre is past his prime.......Rodgers is just entering his.
I hope you end up curled up in the fetal position at the end of the year.
Which will mean that the Packers won the Super Bowl.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

Hey Roddy......just how many Super Bowls did Brett Favre win in the last 10 years?
HOW MANY??????

"Cheesey" wrote:

:sign5:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

HOW MANY??????

"wpr" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm just getting frustrated with the constant moaning by Roddy.
If we were 0-2, and Rodgers had 0 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, THEN i could at least UNDERSTAND the pissing and moaning. But we are at the top, and Rodgers looks GREAT. Roddy's like the kid that gets a new pony as a birthday present, then just sits and complains about all the horse shit.
I mean.....GEEZ.....what does this guy want????
(I know......BF as QB is the ONLY thing that will stop the P&M fest. But thats not gonna happen, so we will have to put up with the "WAAAAMbulance" all season.)
It's just frustrating.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

HOW MANY??????

"Cheesey" wrote:

"wpr" wrote:

I'm just getting frustrated with the constant moaning by Roddy.
If we were 0-2, and Rodgers had 0 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, THEN i could at least UNDERSTAND the pissing and moaning. But we are at the top, and Rodgers looks GREAT. Roddy's like the kid that gets a new pony as a birthday present, then just sits and complains about all the horse shit.
I mean.....GEEZ.....what does this guy want????
(I know......BF as QB is the ONLY thing that will stop the P&M fest. But thats not gonna happen, so we will have to put up with the "WAAAAMbulance" all season.)
It's just frustrating.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Roddy who? :scratch:
UserPostedImage