agopackgo4
15 years ago
I have been thinking about my faovrite packer memory..and also the worst memory i have ever had. I'm just about 19, so the superbowl win is a little fuzzy in my mind. And I didnt enjoy that as much as I could have now. But my favorite memory that I enjoyed more than any other..was when the Cardinals knocked the vikings out of the playoffs, and the Packers got in. Actually that was the stretch of time is the most memorable stretch in my life. First: Favre has an amazing game on MNF after his dad dies.
Second: The Packers get the win over the Broncos, and the Cardinals knock the vikings out on the last game of the play. Packers make it in the playoffs.
Third: Me and my dad were very lucky, and got to go to the playoff game against the Seahawks. Al Harris INT in OT. And we win....

That leads me to the worst memory... 4th and 26 in philly.

Whats your Favorite, and worst memory?
Packerchick
15 years ago

I have been thinking about my faovrite packer memory..and also the worst memory i have ever had. I'm just about 19, so the superbowl win is a little fuzzy in my mind. And I didnt enjoy that as much as I could have now. But my favorite memory that I enjoyed more than any other..was when the Cardinals knocked the vikings out of the playoffs, and the Packers got in. Actually that was the stretch of time is the most memorable stretch in my life. First: Favre has an amazing game on MNF after his dad dies.
Second: The Packers get the win over the Broncos, and the Cardinals knock the vikings out on the last game of the play. Packers make it in the playoffs.
Third: Me and my dad were very lucky, and got to go to the playoff game against the Seahawks. Al Harris INT in OT. And we win....

That leads me to the worst memory... 4th and 26 in philly.

Whats your Favorite, and worst memory?

"agopackgo4" wrote:

My favorite memory is the Packers shutting out the Vikings 34-0 at Lambeau and my worst memory is the way that Brett Favre acted in this off season. There are too many memories to tell.
I am a woman and I love football.
bigfog
15 years ago
Best Memory - getting to see Lambeau Field for the first time and watching my first game there this past year.

Worst memory - the playoff loss to the Rams a few years back. I actually put post it notes on the screen where the score was displayed to cover it up. I was damn disappointed in that game.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Best memory- a bunch of them.
1A Taking my son to GB to watch training camp. He and I talked about whether or not he should bring his bike and give one of the players a ride to and from practice. (That is something a 10 yr old would think about. I certainly never considered it. We live 4 + hrs away and it would have been a real pain to take the bike with us.) I left the decision up to him and he decided not to bring his bike. He got a few autographs that day. He had so much fun we went back the next year and took a couple of his friends with us. (Still no bike.)
1B taking my Dad and son to a game. Only had 2 tickets so I wanted them to spend the day together. We all had a good time before and after the game. Wanted my son to build some good memories with his Grandfather who has since passed away.
1C Taking my son and is maternal Grandfather to the game. Once again let them build up some good memories while Grandpa was still able to do those types of things.

Worse memory was at old County Stadium. A drunk was sitting behind my wife and I was talking way too loud to a friend about how the army trained him to kill Viet Nam Vet) and if they told him to do so, he would kill the woman sitting in front of him right now. There were a couple of women so I am not sure who he was talking about. I really wanted to confront him but it would not have helped the situation. His friend finally told him to shut up and he did but he went on for about a whole quarter. I could not watch the game after that.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
my favorite and worst memories are all from games that i've attended. i've had many great and not so great memories outside of the games i've attended, but the sharpest highs and lows are from the games i've seen at Lambeau.

#1 vs. the Vikins November 29, 2004 - Back and forth all game long. Longwell hits a FG with time expiring to win the game 34-31. Awesome game.

#2 November 11, 2007 - Vikings shut out Adrian Peterson and the Vikings 34-0. Also, awesome game. I was so impressed at how all the fans in attendance reacted when Peterson hurt his knee. We never want to face him, but everybody knows how special he is and what he means to the NFL.

Worst memory - November 28, 2006 - God that was a cold game. When you bought a beer, the foam was frozen by the time you made it back to your seat. Packers played like shit. That was the first time I got the feeling that Brett didn't want to be playing football in the cold.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
my favorite memories are the games i was able to go to with my son,hope to go this year bad are the loss to phille at home and the game against the giants
obi1
15 years ago
I agree with you on the best memory being the Cardinals knocking the Vikes out. There are SOOOOOOOO many.

I also remember as a high school student, I went to the Packers vs Saints game at the Milwaukee stadium where Packers won and Jerry Tagge ran a QB option play where he kept it around the right side for a 40+ yard gain and sealed a victory.

Reggie White Sacking Drew Bledsoe 3 times in the superbowl in the 4th quarter on consecutive plays has to rate right up there.

Negative memories... Not as many but there are a few... Terrell Owens TD pass in the playoffs in 98 which came after a Jerry Rice fumble that was ruled not a fumble when it clearly was. Death of Reggie White, the 4th and 26(on the same play as the OWENS TD), and the Favre fiasco are my least favorite memories.
blank
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
Walter Stanley returning the punt for a TD to beat the Lions on Thanksgiving back in 1986 is my best memory.

4th and 26 is the worst.
Nemo me impune lacessit
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
My wife loves the Chester Marco TD against the Bears to end the game. Da Bears blocked the FG. The ball bounced right to Chester. He "ran" (I have seen linemen who were quicker.) behind a wall of blockers around the left side and into the end zone. He was mobbed by the team but still had 2 hands on the ball. No one took that away from him.
UserPostedImage
kiddikkarus
15 years ago
My favorite memory was October 14, 1996, when Chris Jackie hit a field goal to beat the 49ers in overtime. That was in the middle of the season, but I thought they could win the superbowl after that.

My worst memory was only four games later, when the Cowboys beat the Packers 21-6. Not three touchdowns. SEVEN field goals. It was like someone killing you with a nail file. I already couldn't stand the Cowboys, and after that, my dislike for them elevated to a level I didn't realize was possible.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.