IronMan
14 years ago

After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1 

The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2 

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

You said in the NFL's eyes, Favre has beaten all teams. I want to see where they say this.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Google the Falcons schedule for '91 and check the roster, bud. 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

"IronMan" wrote:

Source 1 

The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2 

As a starter, now that's different. 🙂
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
I wonder if this influenced him. Minnesota needed a QB, they get to play GB twice per year.. being the only NFL QB to beat all 32 NFL teams as a starter is something he can hang his hat on for a while. Manning will probably never get a chance to play the Colts. Brady won't get a chance to play the Patriots.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

Link?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

A link to what? You tell me what you want a link to and then link me to your book and we'll talk.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I got non's book covered.

Link 
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

Source 1 

Source 2 

I rest my case. :pottytrain2:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Source 1 

"IronMan" wrote:

Source 2 

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well then, good. I'm glad he already beat all the teams.
Then we don't have to hear about it if the Queens beat us.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Source 1 

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Source 2 

"IronMan" wrote:

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199112010atl.htm 

If you go through the stats you can see Favre did not play in the game as you suggested. Interestingly enough though future Packer Andre Rison scored the winning touchdown against us that day.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222 
http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/gamelogs?id=FAV540222&season=1991 

Now, the NFL.com web site shows that Favre had 2 games his rookie year in Atlanta. Does that mean he had two games where he was active and he was inactive for the rest? If that is the case then he was active against the Rams in a game where he did not play and in a game against the Redskins where he was 0-4 with 2 ints. The point being is he may not have been active for the game against the Packers so was he really on the winning side? At the very least though he did have an affiliation with an NFL team at a time when they beat the Packers.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Porforis
14 years ago
I don't think "He" beat the packers, having not been the starter in '91. But that's kind of nitpicking. Bottom line: Don't let Favre beat us and we don't have to hear about it. :>
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.