Zero2Cool
14 years ago

In late January, Favre's Green Bay successor, Aaron Rodgers, stopped by Super Bowl festivities in Tampa, and he did an interview where he was asked about Favre. Rodgers stated that he had tried to reach out to Favre, but the veteran and future Hall of Famer didn't return his calls.

Favre's version of events is a little different. Again, we go back to the conference call with Packers media.

--- Why haven't you reached out to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? No one's called me. I talked to Driver every once in a while, and some of the older guys."

If Favre is to be believed, King conveniently misquoted him on the most important part of the story, and Rodgers is apparently a flat-out liar.

It's obvious that Favre is trying to downplay Monday's game as much as possible. Only time will tell if the high emotions still present in this divorce are too much to ignore once the lights go on.

I guess ... I don't understand how Rodgers is a liar and King misquoted him? Huh? If King misquoted Rodgers then how is Rodgers the liar? I'm lost.
UserPostedImage
ohiopackerfan
14 years ago
I think he's saying King misquoted him on the revenge issue and calling Rodgers a flat-out liar:

On why not talk to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? I think Aaron has not only done well, but I think he'll have a great career. I said that from Day One. That's why they drafted him. No one's called me. I've talked to Drive...I don't know what to tell you."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/63112217.html 

Micheal Irvin: Wait, wai, wai, wait. When you were playing together, how much speaking did he do with you.

Aaron Rodgers: I mean, it was me and him. The last year, '07, we had no other quarterback on the roster, it was me and him, you know, we'd see each other every day, jog around with each other every day, you know he knew how I felt about him, that I had the utmost amount of respect for him, you know...and to not have talked to him in over a year? That's disappointing.

MI: Through all of this, going back and forth, putting you in the position that you were in and it was a tough position it was a tough position because now you're sitting having to respect him for what he has done, dealing with it, and let's just get real here that the pain of him not calling, or talking, or saying 'this is what's happening, this is what's going on'...after all of that, he still hasn't talked to you?

Pause...

AR: No.

(A few seconds later)

MI: Why will you not reach out to him?

AR: Oh, I did. I did.

MI: You called him and he didn't call you back?

AR: Yep.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/01/aaron-rodgers-interview-michael-irvin-brett-favre/ 
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I think this has been taken out of context here. When Favre's saying no one has called him, you know that's not true. Because Childress called him in August. So, no one is not accurate at all. If he's saying No one on the Packers, (which I think he's implying) then that is probably true.

Rodgers and Favre had dinner after the Giants game.
During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point? After Favre didn't return his call and the cold shoulder at the ESPY's, I could see Rodgers not wanting to call Brett again. Who wants to be the person who calls and calls and doesn't get that the person doesn't want to talk to ya?

I don't think Brett is saying Aaron is a liar. That comment/statement is dredged up by someone who's looking for an angle.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

I think this has been taken out of context here. When Favre's saying no one has called him, you know that's not true. Because Childress called him in August. So, no one is not accurate at all. If he's saying No one on the Packers, (which I think he's implying) then that is probably true.

During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point? After Favre didn't return his call and the cold shoulder at the ESPY's, I could see Rodgers not wanting to call Brett again. Who wants to be the person who calls and calls and doesn't get that the person doesn't want to talk to ya?

I don't think Brett is saying Aaron is a liar. That comment/statement is dredged up by someone who's looking for an angle.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Whoa.

We might agree on something when it comes to Favre?! HOLD THE PHONES!! lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Yerko
14 years ago
I just read the transcript and man did he really do a poor job dodging this question.

(But you asked for release, why do that?)
Well first of all, none of that matters now anyway. What matters is this game Monday night, and thats all that matters. And this team has welcomed me here. Its been a lot of fun, its been a lot of work, but Im having a good time. And thats all that matters. I had a great time in New York, enjoyed the guys there, enjoyed being with Mike Tannenbaum and Woody, those guys were great, Eric, on down the line, it was fun. I wish wed ended up a little bit better, but thats over and done with.

I thought I had skipped his response and had to scroll back up. The answer doesn't even make sense to the question asked Brett.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Brett knows EXACTLY what the media was getting at..I say with 99% certainty that Brett knew Rodgers went on the Irvin show and said Brett didnt call him back..

Bretts pilot mentioned it and STILL mentions how Rodgers cries over not getting a phone call...He mocks Rodgers about it...

Come on Zero you know that is just Brett's way of side stepping it all

Brett now can say Rodgers didnt call me from Sept of 08 till now..So yeah why would I call him back..and he isn't lying at all..
longtimefan
14 years ago

I just read the transcript and man did he really do a poor job dodging this question.

(But you asked for release, why do that?)
Well first of all, none of that matters now anyway. What matters is this game Monday night, and thats all that matters. And this team has welcomed me here. Its been a lot of fun, its been a lot of work, but Im having a good time. And thats all that matters. I had a great time in New York, enjoyed the guys there, enjoyed being with Mike Tannenbaum and Woody, those guys were great, Eric, on down the line, it was fun. I wish wed ended up a little bit better, but thats over and done with.

I thought I had skipped his response and had to scroll back up. The answer doesn't even make sense to the question asked Brett.

"AKamp74" wrote:

There were a few like that..
VikesFan82
14 years ago
Nobody is going to be honest in situations like this. Look what happens when T.O. is honest. It only hurts the player and the team.

On a lighter note...What is it with your guys' obsession over OUR QB? 🙂
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

Nobody is going to be honest in situations like this. Look what happens when T.O. is honest. It only hurts the player and the team.

On a lighter note...What is it with your guys' obsession over OUR QB? :-)

"VikesFan82" wrote:

when the last month of the season rolls around make sure you remember that quote
14 years ago
This was my favorite part:

# Why Minnesota? Why not stay with the Jets? "Um...Well, I wasn't willing to have surgery at that time. That's first and foremost."

Ohhh.. he just sort of fell into the situation in Minnesota. Ok I get it. It was just an incredible coincidence that rumors were flying for a year and a half and he joined the Vikings as soon as he could.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.