Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

So, to recap this. A miracle was needed and a miracle was received? Favre the man of miracles. Unfortunately it appears no other NFL team wanted him and the Vikings did and ... sadly he's on their team now.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So, to recap this. A miracle was needed and a miracle was received? Favre the man of miracles. Unfortunately it appears no other NFL team wanted him and the Vikings did and ... sadly he's on their team now.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Further more, is it all Favre's issue that the Niners hung around? Could he help it if Berrian has hands of stone? No.

Fact is.. with the game on the line, Favre delivered.. as much as I don't want to give him his props.. one has to. Money throw.. and an even better grab.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
For me, the throw that he made at the end was not the "scariest" for US.

US.

The one that has me nervous was a reasonably innocuous play in the big scheme of that football game relative to the media play that the last second throw got.

Favre got pressured. He rolled to his right, fast and hard. He threw across his body on a line to (I am 99% sure it was Bernard Berrian) streak right to left.

The defender had effectively quit on Berrian. There is no way Favre is throwing to him. No way.

Except he did. Dead square perfect pass...Hit him in perfect stride.

That play summed up a "good Brett" day for me.

Will not make any of the highlight reels, but it is the kind of thing that scares me most.

Leroy Butler talked in his homer analysis (I love him, but man, he's a homer) about DB's "not quitting" on their assignments against Brett.

He was talking about precisely what I was seeing.

I have to go review the wonderlic scores of our defensive backfield.
Formo
14 years ago

For me, the throw that he made at the end was not the "scariest" for US.

US.

The one that has me nervous was a reasonably innocuous play in the big scheme of that football game relative to the media play that the last second throw got.

Favre got pressured. He rolled to his right, fast and hard. He threw across his body on a line to (I am 99% sure it was Bernard Berrian) streak right to left.

The defender had effectively quit on Berrian. There is no way Favre is throwing to him. No way.

Except he did. Dead square perfect pass...Hit him in perfect stride.

That play summed up a "good Brett" day for me.

Will not make any of the highlight reels, but it is the kind of thing that scares me most.

Leroy Butler talked in his homer analysis (I love him, but man, he's a homer) about DB's "not quitting" on their assignments against Brett.

He was talking about precisely what I was seeing.

I have to go review the wonderlic scores of our defensive backfield.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I don't know about all that..

But your signature is distracting!!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I completely agree that the throw on the final play was amazing, and the fact that the receiver was able to bring both feet down inbounds even more so. But every time I watch the replay, all I can think is how dumb the defensive back was for not shoving the receiver out of bounds. If he'd just done that minuscule thing -- just a tap, really, is all it would have taken -- we'd be talking about him as the hero of that game and not Favre.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I completely agree that the throw on the final play was amazing, and the fact that the receiver was able to bring both feet down inbounds even more so. But every time I watch the replay, all I can think is how dumb the defensive back was for not shoving the receiver out of bounds. If he'd just done that minuscule thing -- just a tap, really, is all it would have taken -- we'd be talking about him as the hero of that game and not Favre.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. What's the point in playing the if this but this game? It didn't go down that way, period.

Fact of the matter is a Gore'less 49er team pushed the Vikings to the edge and came close, but couldn't close out the deal. Superstars close out the deal, Favre did that. He deserves the credit. My opinion is the pocket presence, the catch and throw were in that order of greatness. Favre has a excellent pocket presence that you rarely see.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

After watching the replay a few times. I'm more impressed with Favre's pocket presence than the throw he made. To the naked eye, it wasn't much, but if you watch he has players all around him. Subtle step here, move there, side step here, step into pocket, bye bye 49ers. He's one incredible QB.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Gunslinger!!!! I'm happy to hear that term this week
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Non you just have sour grapes :P

You say if one of those 3 plays don't happen he wouldn't have done it, but what about if AP actually runs the ball (which we can't stop) and if the 9ers don't block a fg at the end of the half and return it for a td he wouldn't have had to lead them to a late td. So ya alot of ifs, but those Ifs always go both ways in a game and it doesn't have to be at the end of the game for it to affect the outcome.

I watched them talk about the last pass and they were all saying how impressed they were with how accurate of a pass it was by leading the wr by 10 yards.

"dhazer" wrote:

Whats that smell?? Man it's horrible. Oh, it's just Non's sour grapes :wickedfart:
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around. If it weren't for a couple of catastrophic mistakes on the part of the 49ers -- three consecutive runs, dropping a potential INT, failing to push the receiver out on the final play -- the outcome would have been much different. If any one of those three plays goes the other way, the Vikings lose the game.

And before anyone says this is sour grapes because I don't like Favre, remember that I said the exact same thing after Rodgers' "miracle" drive in Week 1. Get the job done in the first three quarters and you don't need miracle drives to seal the deal in the last seconds.

If there's any inspiration to be gleaned from that drive, in my opinion it's for us. If the 49ers can play the Vikings that close, surely the Packers can. And I think, absent any egregious mistakes, they will. This team is improving week by week, though not as quickly nor as smoothly as some of us might like.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Nonstop - Don't underestimate the Niners. Big mistake.

I've always believed in the power of inspiration. Always. As Favre has the "it" factor, so does Mike Singletary.

Mike Singletary's got this mediocre team convinced they're a Playoff team and don't be surprised if WE face them in the Playoffs.

The Vikings didn't fail in the first 3 quarters, the Niners are just that good.

And like it or not, in the year 2009, that play by Brett Favre and Lewis was the hands down best play so far. Favre beat the rush, knew he was going to get hit. Lewis improvised the route, found a piece of the end zone that was unoccupied, and somehow held on to that ball while keep both feet in bounds.

I dare anyone to show me a better play in '09. As good? Sure. But better? I highly doubt it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
14 years ago
Zombi I dont think anyone can deny that was the best play so far in 09...But it was really a miracle play
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (25m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.