Pack93z
15 years ago

I said at the beginning of the season that if the O-line can just be average, we should still have a great offense. This may be true, but the O-line was definitely exposed tonight as the weak link.

"Greg C." wrote:

The good news on the oline (looking for a sliver lining) is that Wells was out yet.. that would replace the weakest of links which is Moll right this moment.. Colledge played okay tonight.. not great but wasn't a negative highlight film.

But like you said.. lots of good things from the Pack as well.. the over / under coverage on TO was effective.. Woodson and Collins played well. Rouse wasn't exposed all that much.. Williams looked okay overall.. that breakup over the middle was a thing of beauty.

Add to it.. we stayed healthy other than Harris cramping up.. we were able at times to generate a little pressure.. Sanders called a pretty sound game on D.. we just couldn't sustain drives.. that will kill ya.

For a loss.. I don't feel horrible about it.. we were in the game.

Oh.. well of a play by Blackmon on that fumble.. beauty.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
15 years ago

That is exactly it Greg.. on the lines we lost this game, albeit on the Austin throw Jenkins was tackled by Davis.. missed the call.

But regardless, they wore down our defensive front because we couldn't sustain drives on offense.. in which the flaw in our team was exposed.. a average at best offensive line. We have above average tackles but suspect in the interior. Same story that we have seen through the preseason..

Second half we wore down..

"gotarace" wrote:

I said at the beginning of the season that if the O-line can just be average, we should still have a great offense. This may be true, but the O-line was definitely exposed tonight as the weak link.

"Greg C." wrote:

So was the defensive line. Very few runs were stopped at the point of attack and i don't think i heard a nose tackles name called on any play all night.

"pack93z" wrote:

I thought the D-line was not as bad as the O-line. I figured Barber would get his yards with those huge guys blocking for him. The pass rush was good at times, but just not consistent enough.

Again, I have to give the Cowboys a lot of credit. This game was a learning experience for the Packers, but unfortunately, it was a learning experience as well as a confidence-builder for the Cowboys. But there are 13 more games left in the season. Time to get back to work.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
Agreed.. I thought our Dline did okay for as much as they were on the field.. I think more of an issue is the Oline.. boy what I would love to have one consistent guard on this team.. Colledge and Spitz are about as close as we have.. and that is saying a mouthful.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
15 years ago
On the plus side, I thought the Brandon Chillar experiment worked well. Also, it looked like Woodson was on Owens right out of the gate, which shocked me, and he did a good job, albeit with safety help. Maybe we will see more of Woodson guarding #1's from here on out, or at least sharing that duty with Harris.
blank
Rockjock07
15 years ago

We have LOTS of work to do.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree. The Cowboys are the better team, no doubt, I cannot sit here and say that the Packers have better talent because they flat out don't.

However, the mental mistakes such as the holding flags need to get fixed because it's just killing this team. Also, the run game needs to get fixed, both with personel and play calling.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I'm looking at the tape now and ... theres some over reacting going on here fellas.

Our O couldn't get the ball in the endzone and couldn't sustain a decent drive. That is why our defense started to break down. No defense can be on the field twice as long as the offense like itwas for us most of the game. The final tally on TOP only differs by five mins. That's cuz of the garbage time in the fourth.

Grant ran decent. He did not get taken down by the first hit on more than half his carries.

We didn't stretch the field much at all so they didn't have to worry about the deep pass.

we couldn't stop their run.

We shut down owens.

Trust me, guys ... this isn't as bad of a loss as it might FEEL right now. I'm actually encouraged by some of the things I'm seeing while doing the video.

We WILL make corrections and we WILL be better.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
15 years ago
The biggest thing to me was the lines. I mean it's really hard to judge our D-Line against and un-normally huge O-Line. But our O-Line was collapsing and giving Rodgers virtually no time to make plays.
blank
hosemeoff
15 years ago

Maybe we will see more of Woodson guarding #1's from here on out, or at least sharing that duty with Harris.

"Greg C." wrote:

I would guess more of the latter. Woodson has better pure cover skills but Harris excels at physically dominating receivers. Harris can handle most #1's in the league but tall, strong receivers (Plaxico, TO, and Moss) can give him problems if they escape. Sanders called a pretty good game. He gave Woodson consistent help with TO and did an amazing job of containing Witten. He gambled on run defense, but with longer offensive drives, I think the gamble could have payed off. There's some growing up to do, but we have a good squad.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I would guess more of the latter. Woodson has better pure cover skills but Harris excels at physically dominating receivers. Harris can handle most #1's in the league but tall, strong receivers (Plaxico, TO, and Moss) can give him problems if they escape..

"hosemeoff" wrote:

Moss is anything BUT physical and strong. He hates being jammed at the line. That's the word on how to stop Moss, slam him at the line.

With well placed balls against taller WR, any DB would get toasted, not just Al Harris. The rules side with the offense. I'd like to see it be whoever the strongest man is, gets the ball. If you can't handle getting slammed while going for the ball, go play basketball. lol
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Moss is anything BUT physical and strong. He hates being jammed at the line. That's the word on how to stop Moss, slam him at the line.

With well placed balls against taller WR, any DB would get toasted, not just Al Harris. The rules side with the offense. I'd like to see it be whoever the strongest man is, gets the ball. If you can't handle getting slammed while going for the ball, go play basketball. lol

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Well said. Moss will out run you, and out jump you. He will not out fight you. Big difference. Harris vs Moss, I like that match up. It's just too bad we didn't see it last year. I sincerely think we would have won that game. Keep in mind that BF put up more points than Tom Brady did, and that's with Grant getting a whopping 28 yards rushing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.