RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"

"longtimefan" wrote:

I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??

If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I don't remember ever putting anything about how if Favre was here we'd be 13-3 last year? I can only point at facts - we were 13-3 and then we were 6-10 and the Jets were 4-12 and then they were 9-7. Maybe its all a concidence, I don't know, I don't really care anymore, it happened. Both sides f'd up, its in the past, nothing I can do or anyone can do. I saw it as a mistake at hte time, I see it as a mistake now, who cares.

I have no idea what your talking about that I havn't been here until this week? I'm sure you can do a post search by author or something. But wait that would involves some kind of thought before insulting someone.

We've never seen eye to eye but your post is insulting. You know what, YOU don't know crap about football. Because Favre had ONE play where they counted 7.4 seconds does not mean that he had 7.4 seconds throughout the game. PLEASE go watch the game and see the amount of times Favre got it out quickly to the slant or to a WR screen or dumped it off to the nearest open guy.

I'm not even understanding what your saying. So your saying the only reason Favre picked apart the Packers is because of protection and it had nothing to do with throwing picture perfect passes and reading the defense perfectly in a game in which all the pressure in the world was on him?

You don't have to get worked up against me just because a 40 year old QB outplayed a 20 something. It happens, life goes on. Maybe in November, Favre throws 3 INTs, Rodgers throws 5 TDs and the Vikings lose. Life will go on. Favre ONCE had a losing season at 4-12, life goes on, at the time yes, there were plenty of games where was outplayed by the other QB. Its not going to kill you to admit that at 40, Favre is at the same level as 20 somethings in Cutler and Rodgers. The guy can simply play and is a winner, Elway had two awesome teams (with an awesome defense) with the best RB at the time and he won two Super Bowls, that doesn't take away from his Super Bowls. Dan Marino never had hte best teams and he never won, do you think anyone cares he didn't have the best teams, he never won, thats all people care about, thats life.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Okay, Viking hate over. 🙂 When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
djcubez
14 years ago

Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Okay, Viking hate over. 🙂 When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)

"Wade" wrote:

Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol

FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.

"djcubez" wrote:

Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.

Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.

There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"djcubez" wrote:

Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.

Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.

There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

You say "you guys" like you mean me, however I never made excuses for the game. We lost fair and square. All I'm saying is Brett didn't do shit. He made a pass when it counted but that's what's required for a game-managing QB. His team has a run game and good defense so there's relatively no pressure on Favre to force it in there. I mean do I deserve credit every day I go and do a job I'm paid to do without making mistakes? I agree, Favre played a good game but he doesn't deserve all this credit for the win. It's not like he was bombing them on us every play and making our secondary look like fools. The Vikings as a team made our defense look like shit, not all this Favreian stuff. Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game--I guarantee he won't pull anything out of his ass like against the 49ers.

Plus what's this about Cutler. The reason we beat him is our pressure forced him to make bad throws. We rarely put any pressure on Favre because we had a weak link at safety and we focused too much on All Day. And that's not called an "excuse" for losing, it's called a "reason" for losing.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Seriously? Defending the VIKINGS QB?

What the fuck kind of fans are you? Save that shit for the off season.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Novel concept, instead of throwing around uncorroborated numbers, why don't you guys point to the number of passes that were actually under or over five yards? Ya know, give your arguments some meat?
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
I dunno about that, Nonstop..

But Favre threw an average of 11.29 yards per completion, and A-Rod threw 14.77 yards per completion.

A-Rod did pretty good, but that's all the Packers threw at the Vikings.. How many rushing attempts did they have? Not even 20?

On the flip side, the Vikings had a more balanced attack. While the rush wasn't effective, it didn't matter.. They at least tried it.

I think that has more to do with the Vikings win and Favre's performance than people give credit for.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Love how people are saying Rodgers padded his stats in garbage time. 140 yards in the 4th. The only difference between him and Brett is that Rodgers made those garbage time passes. Didn't MN go for a bomb with the game ticking away? Only Brett missed.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.