longtimefan
14 years ago
Pressure in this instance = BLITZES, and more than 3 D-L rushing him...

Pressure in this instance DOES NOT= media hype, revenge, needing to win
djcubez
14 years ago
Before I start I'll try and explain myself better, which is me admitting I'm wrong. Of course Favre deserves some credit, it's not like everyone can be a QB in the NFL and win big games. That said, I don't think he deserves the amount of credit he's getting.

You say "you guys" like you mean me, however I never made excuses for the game. We lost fair and square. All I'm saying is Brett didn't do shit. He made a pass when it counted but that's what's required for a game-managing QB. His team has a run game and good defense so there's relatively no pressure on Favre to force it in there. I mean do I deserve credit every day I go and do a job I'm paid to do without making mistakes? I agree, Favre played a good game but he doesn't deserve all this credit for the win. It's not like he was bombing them on us every play and making our secondary look like fools. The Vikings as a team made our defense look like shit, not all this Favreian stuff. Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game--I guarantee he won't pull anything out of his ass like against the 49ers.

Plus what's this about Cutler. The reason we beat him is our pressure forced him to make bad throws. We rarely put any pressure on Favre because we had a weak link at safety and we focused too much on All Day. And that's not called an "excuse" for losing, it's called a "reason" for losing.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I don't get it. He has no pressure? Did you even watch the game, this running game your talking about was stuffed. I don't have the stat but I bet Favre converted many 3rd and longs when the pressure is ALL on him because its a passing down and the Vikings defense is stting down.

"djcubez" wrote:

The running game was stuffed because that was our gameplan. We were trying to force Favre to beat us with his arm. However, we didn't really do much to stop him when he did throw it. We didn't put any pressure on him and we allowed him to consistently hit his dump-off targets. The few deep balls he through took advantage of our inconsistent safety play and miscommunication.

"Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game" - He already did, 80 yard drive with 90 seconds left, no time outs? I don't get it.

Did you see that play? Did you see that drive? "Greg Lewis leaped for a 32-yard touchdown catch with 2 seconds left." My point is that he's not gonna pull that out of his ass every time they need a win. He had one play left from the opposing 32-yard line, we are talking 4th-and-26 odds here. No way do they win that game if they tried it again.

Plus there are people discounting Favre's passes because of YAC but do not do the same for Rodgers (i.e. Finleys TD), it works both ways. YAC are part of the game. Also the throwing over 5 yards issue - I did a quick search and I found 8 of Favre's 24 passes went for more than 15 yards. I don't know about the 5 yards. But I know of the touchdown with Berriman was 30 yards and there was maybe 2 YAC and the Harvin 45 yarder, which I would guess had 5 YAC. Plus his average yards per pass was 11.29. How do you respond to that?

You do know those 8 plays of 15 or more include YAC don't you? The Berrian TD was blown coverage by the safety (Al Harris fucked up pretty royally too) although it was a well thrown ball. I also never said Rodgers' deserves more credit for his passes than Favre or that Rodgers' YAC is "worth more." Average yards per pass also doesn't say shit about how long he actually threw the ball, it takes all your total passing yards and divides them by the amount of completions. One long touchdown can render that stat almost completely irrelevant. I prefer something like average yards per attempt which was about 8.7. Also there yards per pass play were actually 8.5 (source ).

The Berriman touchdown is a perfect example. I don't get what that has to do with having "7 seconds per play". He snapped it, threw it between 1-2 seconds right into the hands of the receiver in stride.

It was a blown play? And it was a decent throw, but what QB in the NFL doesn't hit a wide open receiver lol.

I don't even care about this because as Zero said he's not our concern. But I just don't get the position that he managed the game.

All I'm saying is Favre did what he was supposed to, sure he deserves credit for that but the game was never on the line for him, the Vikings were never down and the entire Packers defense was committed to stopping Adrian Peterson, not Favre. I'm sure if the Vikings were losing at some point and Favre was forced to make a play, we might have seen an entirely different game.
IronMan
14 years ago
Favre carved up the Packers. No question about it. We dared him to beat us and he did just that. Anyone who says different is just bitter and is not being objective. Period.
djcubez
14 years ago

Favre carved up the Packers. No question about it. We dared him to beat us and he did just that. Anyone who says different is just bitter and is not being objective. Period.

"IronMan" wrote:

Favre got handed this game. I want to see him forced to win a game against a playoff caliber team before I give him any credit. He snaked a win from the 49ers and the Packers are too busy shooting themselves in the foot to count as a playoff team right now. Otherwise wins against the Lions, Browns and Rams leave me unimpressed.
14 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

No doubt about it, he had one of those rare games where he's just locked in.
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
Ya but I want to see him do it against a playoff team in Dec, trailing by 14, on the road, with AD out, WR's all injured, with 1 second to throw and playing with a broken ankle. Yep only then will I admit he's done anything.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

No real question about that one. The Vikings QB carved up the Packers ... how many days ago was this now? ... and the Packers did dare him to beat them. One of our DL even said they were going to force Vikings QB to beat the Packers by stopping Adrian. They slowed Adrian down, but in the mean time gave Vikings QB all the time in the world to throw balls left, right, up, down, and every other direction he felt necessary.

Vikings QB > Packers Defense ... no doubt. I would have liked seeing what happened if the Packers didn't have to worry about Adrian. Buts, ifs, blahs. It was more than a week ago and its about time to talk Lions. (I've said about a dozen times after I rambled about the subject, lol)
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago
Bottom line is this. A good coaching staff might dare you to beat them in the first quarter or so. But if a strategy isn't working, you make adjustments. I wasn't paying attention but i seriously doubt McCarthy was playing to stop the run on 3rd and long the whole game. Or on all 1st & 10's for that matter. If he was, then he's an idiot and deserves to be fired. Coaching is about adjustments and what you guys are trying to convince us "Favre Lovers" of is that either McCarthy & co are too stupid to make proper adjustments rather than Favre is a good QB who picked apart that Packer defense. Your argument makes no sense. A team tries to stop the other team. They dont try and stop Peterson from getting 100 yards. The goal is to win.

I dont know but i hardly believe that Ted Thompson and MM's strategy coming in to the game was to shut down AP and let Favre go wild all over their team. Something about that just doesnt make sense. Give him (Favre/Vikings QB) credit where credit is due.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"djcubez" wrote:

Favre got handed this game. I want to see him forced to win a game against a playoff caliber team before I give him any credit. He snaked a win from the 49ers and the Packers are too busy shooting themselves in the foot to count as a playoff team right now. Otherwise wins against the Lions, Browns and Rams leave me unimpressed.

"IronMan" wrote:

Handed this game? Did Harris & Woodson play off the receivers to pad Favres stats? Did Chillar decide not to intercept the 1st TD so to be nice to Favre? Did Harris let Berrian blow past him out of pity? Give me a break. Favre put the Packers, Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson over his kneee and gave them a spanking. Enough with the sour grapes. Plenty of time for that in a few weeks.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
14 years ago

Enough with the sour grapes. Plenty of time for that in a few weeks.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

More prognostication skills. You should stop posting here and go to Vegas.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.