Cheesey
14 years ago
Who cares what he says? I don't.
What do people expect him to say? "The Vikings suck"???
Geez.
It's another non story.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Dropped a short TD pass. Surrendered two fumbles (which are largely considered unpredictable i.e. "luck"). Played without our starting LT and LG all of the game, and our backup LT about half of the game. Playing with our worst pickup of the year at SS, who was continuously out of position in his 2nd game on the field for us. Penalties galore.

Yeah, we performed very poorly. I'm surprised you are actually arguing with me on this. You think we played well? Back it up. All you're doing now is talking shit (gonna get blowed out).

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I guess if you ignore my facts, i should ignore yours.

Held Peterson to 55 yards. NOT gonna happen again.

Fluke fumble return for a touchdown by Clay Matthews. NOT gonna happen again

Rodgers throws for 400 yards, though much of it in garbage time. NOT gonna happen again.

Yea, the Packers o-line was crap last week. Guess what, it was crap the first 3 games too and it will be crap the next time the two teams play. Guess what, guys who can block Jared Allen dont fall off of trees. You have to draft first rounders or spend big money in free agency. You cant just pick up a veteran or two for the minimum and draft some 3rd, 4th & 6th rounders and expect them to have the talent to keep up with Jared Allen. Maybe next year.

I think Rodgers and the Packer offense played out of their minds last week and it should be a 15+ margin next time.

You say "dropped short TD pass" but it was definitely a bad pass by Rodgers. Bad pass doesnt mean you got unlucky. It was a bad pass.

you say "surrendered 2 fumbles" but what about the fact that the Vikings were about to bust the game wide open till Peterson hands the ball off to Matthews and he scores a TD right there?

If all it takes if for one strong safety to be out to destroy the Packers defense, we have bigger problems than I can imagine. If the coaches dont realize this and adjust, wtf are they there for? Harris is a one on one, bump and run corner. Why is he playing zone with an inexperienced ss out there against a guy who has made zone defense his bitch over and over and over again(Favre)

"Pelaties" as Emmit Smith would say are a part of the game. I saw no key "pelaties" that effected the outcome. I know you will bring it up so i'll just say that Woodsons pick got called back because he interfered with the receiver.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my book.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
14 years ago
I'm not "ignoring" your facts. We're having an argument. It's something people do when they disagree. Don't be touchy about it.

St. Louis held Peterson to 69 yards the following week and SF held him to 85 yards the week prior. If a defense chooses to shut him down, it is possible. That's three weeks in a row. It's not exactly a fluke. I know he's made out to be Superman, and he IS good, but he's not a one man wrecking crew week in and week out. Not to mention he has performed better at home vs. us than in GB vs. us the past two years.

So they win the fumble battle 2 to 1. It's still a point in favor of the breaks going the Vikings way, in my opinion.

There is no need for garbage time yards if Lee catches that TD pass. It hit him in the bread basket/upper thighs. If he goes for a hand catch instead of a arm catch, he doesn't drop it. If your receiver can stand there and catch the ball without moving, it's not a bad throw.

And we haven't even talked about the home field advantage in the dome compared to playing in Green Bay, and how the crowd noise helped their defense jump the snap, limited our ability to make audibles at the line, affected our rhythm, etc..

It seems to me that you have zero respect for our offense, if you think that they played out of their minds vs. Minnesota. I'm simply not seeing it. Nobody in the organization is seeing it. Everyone feels they performed poorly.

http://packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=6578 

http://packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=6595 

http://packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=6571 

Meanwhile, I feel pretty safe saying that Favre won't perform nearly as well November 1 vs. Green Bay. He is capable of these games that he had last Monday once in a while, but he hasn't been consistent for years, the crowd will be against him, it will be colder, and our D will have twice as much experience in the new scheme.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
14 years ago

Rodgers throws for 400 yards, though much of it in garbage time. NOT gonna happen again.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

So you can predict the future now with all this NOT gonna happen crap?

Matthews TD return was not a fluke as you call it. Its called "I am a football player and when I see the ball I go after it." He did, he took the ball out of Peterson's weak hands.

The lowly Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams held Peterson under 100 yards rushing. Worst game of the season so far is against YOUR GREEN BAY PACKERS.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"AKamp74" wrote:

So you can predict the future now with all this NOT gonna happen crap?

Matthews TD return was not a fluke as you call it. Its called "I am a football player and when I see the ball I go after it." He did, he took the ball out of Peterson's weak hands.

The lowly Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams held Peterson under 100 yards rushing. Worst game of the season so far is against YOUR GREEN BAY PACKERS.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I agree. Why on earth couldn't Rodgers throw for (nearly) 400 yards? The Lions can't generate a lot of pressure, so he should be able to get the pass of way easier. I mean, he went (far) over 300 a couple of times last year. Two of those games where against the Falcons and Titans. He can do it easily when he has to and gets the chance.

And like Akamp said, this was not a fluke play. It's something that the Packers practice on a lot. Keeping the ball carrier up and stripping the ball from him.

Slightly questionable and oppurtinistic tactic thing to practice on a lot, especially with the lack of pressure, but it's a really handy addition and something we really benefited from last week.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Give me a team that tackles solidly on every play over a team who has to resort to stripping the ball to get the ball back. Solidify on the important stuff first before fooling around with the glitzy gimmicks.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
It's hilarious, really. That '96 team was the #1 offense and #1 defense in the NFL for the year.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
When the LB (Matthews) just takes the ball out of the RB's hands, that isn't a fluke. He wanted the ball, he took it. A fluke is like the pass play in week one that led to Denver's win.

Characterizing that play as a fluke just exposes the writer's bias.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

From a chat with Vikings beat writer Chip Scoggins.

Chip Scoggins: Favre said after the game that this might be the best team he's ever played on. Obviously it's still early, but you can see he has developed a nice rhythm with all his receivers. The throw down the sideline to Rice was a good example. He placed that perfectly on his back hip/shoulder.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

This might be somewhat standard with Favre, but it just really struck me the wrong way. If I recall correctly, he played on some team with Reggie White, Desmond Howard etc. One of the best defenses in recent history combined with one of the best offensen and an amazing special teams unit and he goes out and makes a statement like this.

I don't mean for this to turn into a Brett Favre bash thread (Although seen the history of these threads, it'll be just that soon enough), but this is either very stupid, or he's really messing with this GB fans.

Said for morale purposes. I immediately dismissed it.

MN has a top notch O, but it doesn't have the D the '96 Packers did, nor did it have someone half as good as Desmond Howard.

The O however may turn out to be better. How to rank it? Simple. See at the end of the year who scores more points - the '96 Packers or the '09 Vikings. The '96 Packers scored 28.5 points per game. The '09 Vikings are scoring over 30 points per game. We'll see if they can keep it up. The Ravens game will be a good measure if whether or not this team is for real.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.