Rockmolder
14 years ago

The two decent teams they've played have been home games. This 3 week stretch they have coming up will be very revealing.

"Formo" wrote:

Exactly, we'll know the true face of the Vikings after this Baltimore game.

"djcubez" wrote:

Wait.

Wasn't that what you all were saying right before the Vikings played the Packers? What?

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Don't play ignorant. Your strengths where our weaknesses. I pretty much figured you'd win after the first weeks. It surprises me that the final score was that close.

That said, I picked Baltimore this week. Let's be honest, you haven't played a great team. Maybe we'll be just that when our O-line gets together and the defense gets in sync, but for now, we're not. I think that Favre is destined to have one of his down games soon. The Ravens defense is proned to have one of their better games soon. Their secondary is lacking, but your O-line isn't too great in pass protection. I asume that that aggresive defense will wreak havoc on you.

Maybe it's a little wishfull thinking, as well. Can't wait to hit PP.O if you lose. Especially if Favre throws a pick or three. Marrdro, Mars... it's going to be fun.
dhazer
14 years ago

The two decent teams they've played have been home games. This 3 week stretch they have coming up will be very revealing.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Wait.

Wasn't that what you all were saying right before the Vikings played the Packers? What?

"djcubez" wrote:

Don't play ignorant. Your strengths where our weaknesses. I pretty much figured you'd win after the first weeks. It surprises me that the final score was that close.

That said, I picked Baltimore this week. Let's be honest, you haven't played a great team. Maybe we'll be just that when our O-line gets together and the defense gets in sync, but for now, we're not. I think that Favre is destined to have one of his down games soon. The Ravens defense is proned to have one of their better games soon. Their secondary is lacking, but your O-line isn't too great in pass protection. I asume that that aggresive defense will wreak havoc on you.

Maybe it's a little wishfull thinking, as well. Can't wait to hit PP.O if you lose. Especially if Favre throws a pick or three. Marrdro, Mars... it's going to be fun.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Sorry Rock but what is bolded in your comment has me confused, there is alot on here saying thats why Favre does so well because as some have stated hell if they Rodgers has 7 secs to throw all the time he would be a top qb. Damn phone calls in the middle of typing made me lose my thoughts lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Wait.

"Formo" wrote:

"djcubez" wrote:

Sorry Rock but what is bolded in your comment has me confused, there is alot on here saying thats why Favre does so well because as some have stated hell if they Rodgers has 7 secs to throw all the time he would be a top qb. Damn phone calls in the middle of typing made me lose my thoughts lol.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

They have faced the Browns, the Lions, the Rams, the 49ers and a Packers team focused on stopping the run. They still gave up 11 sacks over 5 games. 9 on the first 3. None against that run stopping, non-pressuring GB defense.

Their O-line isn't too great in pass protection. Esecially that right side. It's just that defenses have been focusing in on the running game or have been lacking real pass rushes. He has had enough time, often by defenses not blitzing, but this aggressive Ravens defense will be coming.

Maybe I'm just wrong and that offensive line really isn't as bad as I think it is, but just look at it yourself for a bit, Dhazer. You saw yourself why he had 7-8 seconds.
dhazer
14 years ago
I was using your comment to kinda stir the pot to the others when they said he had a great line, nothing against you
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

True.

But...going off on a tangent...
The problem I have with making this "favre hasn't played anyone yet" argument as a _Packer_ fan, though, is that the Packers really havent faced that much tougher of a schedule. Okay, the Bengals this year look like something other than the Bungles.

Minnesota looked better than GB when head to head. And won.
Minnesota looked better against Rams than GB.
Packers beat Chicago, Vikings beat SF -- SF's the better team.
Packers lost to Bengals. Better than Bungles, but little early to anoint Cincy as great team just yet.
Vikings beat two creampuffs.

If we say Favre (or the VIkings more generally) hasn't demonstrated anything much just yet...but then we must say that Rodgers (or the Packers) has shown even less yet.

And that's a bummer.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Good point Wade. What worries me is the fact that our second half of schedule appears to be more challenging than these first few weeks. We really need to rack up some wins before we hit the stretch of games against good opponents.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
Bears > 49ers

Beyond that, I agreed with wade's post.
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
Like Zombie I don't feel bad cheering for Favre as it has nothing to do with cheering against Green Bay. I still obviously support the Pack first but I think there's 2 kinds of fans, those who just cheer for the helmet and those who are nore prone to pull for individuals. It's still Packers first for me but unlike Cheesy I can't say if it's not Packers I don't care. I like the Saints cause I pull for Drew Brees. i like the Chargers cause I cheer for LT. Just like those guys I'll pull for Brett no matter where he is. The other day I was thinking of this and thought you're probably more inclined to just think your team if it's your local team then if your a fan from out of state. If I think of our local teams always pull for them even if I wouldn't know a name on the team but cause it's your city you only care about them
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

Like Zombie I don't feel bad cheering for Favre as it has nothing to do with cheering against Green Bay. I still obviously support the Pack first but I think there's 2 kinds of fans, those who just cheer for the helmet and those who are nore prone to pull for individuals. It's still Packers first for me but unlike Cheesy I can't say if it's not Packers I don't care. I like the Saints cause I pull for Drew Brees. i like the Chargers cause I cheer for LT. Just like those guys I'll pull for Brett no matter where he is. The other day I was thinking of this and thought you're probably more inclined to just think your team if it's your local team then if your a fan from out of state. If I think of our local teams always pull for them even if I wouldn't know a name on the team but cause it's your city you only care about them

"Cdnfavre+Rodgersfan" wrote:

So at the end of the season, MN wins home field over GB because Brett had a good game against a team you don't care about. Since it wasn't the Packers it doesn't matter? Every game matters. I look at it pretty simple. MN does well, it is bad for GB. Chicago does well, it is bad for GB.

I want the Vikings, Bears and Lions to lose every game. That means I want Brett, Cutler, and Stafford to lose. Do I care if they throw for 1000 yards each in a game. No as long as the team loses the game.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
Yeah I guess that is a good way of putting it, can hardly argue with you there. I guess my ideal situation is the Packers play good enough they're not dependent on Favre having a bad game to get in the playoffs. Just take care of business. I hate backdoor success anyway
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Like William Henderson said.
You can't root for Vikings QB to do good against the Packers and want the Packers to win. William says GET OFF THE DAMN FENCE!

I agree. Those (I was one of them until they actually played) who want Vikings QB to do good against us and still pull out the win... need to get off of the fence. You're either a Packers fan or Favre fan on those two games a year.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.