packfan4
14 years ago

But 28 of the 32 NFL teams do not acknowledge the press box tackle stats as official.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Thank you, but that doesn't really prove anything. That's saying the press box tackles are not counted as official. So?

This is fun stuff. I never heard of anything so crazy before as someone discrediting a players tackles because it's allegedly not a 'official' stat.

"wils0646" wrote:

I'm not trying to discredit Bishop's value. I want him on the field as much as others here. I'm just trying to say that the tackle statistic is never "officially" recognized. Teams (other than 4) jack up their own player's tackle numbers way higher than what the press box sees.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I posted he had five tackles in a handful of spans per game. It was then implied that should be thrown out because it's not an official stat. I'll go with that it's not an official stat, doesn't matter to me. Fact is, it's counted compared to others.

"wils0646" wrote:

For the record I never said anything of the sort, I said DON'T LOOK TOO MUCH INTO IT because tackles are not an official stat, meaning that number could be wrong. Now that my point has been shown, goodbye to this topic for me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Now I see your putting words in my mouth. For the record I never said anything of the sort, I said DON'T LOOK TOO MUCH INTO IT because tackles are not an official stat, meaning that number could be wrong. Now that my point has been shown, goodbye to this topic for me.

"packfan4" wrote:

That is correct sir.

Tackles aren't even an official statistic, so I wouldn't look too much into that.

"packfan4" wrote:

You said you wouldn't look too much into it because it's not an official stat. 😉

Your point was that tackles by a player shouldn't be mentioned because it's not an official stat. I see where you're coming from, and I think you're wrong. I'm not saying we should get all wood cuz we picked up some guy and he has 200 tackles in 10 games. Of course it depends on source for those stats.

I think tackles still are worth mentioning, but as you have made clear, they are not officially recorded therefore should not hold much merit. I agree, but then again, I've always said that nothing should be based solely on stats because theirs so much more to the game. I mean, not basing your opinion on someone just off there stats, well, that's just common knowledge not to do that.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN AT *&% POUNDS,....PACKFAN4!!!

AND IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN AT &(* POUNDS, ZERO2COOL!!!

Now......i want this to be a FAIR fight! No biting....no pulling hair......and NO TACKLING!!!
DING DING DING!!!
LOLOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
packersfan99
14 years ago
Well maybe tackle is not and official stat but is used a lot when journalist are talking about the best defender, I guess its important for (MLB, OLBs) because the tackles of that positions means which the player is more involve on the defense scheme, and if that players helps stop plays, when the award of defender of year is given to a MLB or OLBs that stats is important.

For the DL the tackles represent that the players (DE or DT) can outplay the player on the other team and help more frequently on the run but sometimes in the pass (that said players can obtain a high number of tackles if one player of the DL is a playmaker and because the defense has to give 2 players to stop him, the other players are free to make the tackle)

For the CBs, and Safeties the that is not really consider because when you have a top 10 cb on your team, that players has the lowest tackle record, I think that stat is used for college players to know if they can make the play to stop the WR.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
lmao packfan4 ... I'm playing Madden and some little graphic pops up an says
Nick Barnett just got his 500th career tackle although tackles are not an 'official' stat in the NFL.

Thought you'd get a kick out of that. lol
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well.....i think i'll go fishing now. Lets see......where DID i put my TACKLE box.......hmmmm.......LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
In nfl.com game previews they say things like "NFL's leading tackler" and "leads his team in tackles" when talking about key players on both sides. So I think at least the league holds them as somewhat official.
This is a placeholder
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
IMO the only reason tackles are not used officially, is because there is to often to many players in the pile, that there is no way to accurately assess them. So for the most part, which ever agency is reporting them is making a best guess.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Gravedigga
14 years ago

[quote="packfan4"]I see you're a tough guy, good stuff. I have no idea why it's tracked, but anyone who follows the NFL closely enough knows that tackles aren't an official statistic. Nobody holds the all-time tackle record, nobody has an official single season tackle record, why? Because the NFL doesn't recognize it as an official statistic! Man this is silly, don't even know why I responded.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol I'm not a tough guy, but don't spout off unless you can back it up. You say its common knowledge that tackles are not an official stat. Yet, they are tracked by even the NFL!!!

UserPostedImage
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
gbguy20
14 years ago
this thread actually blew my mind, i had no idea tackles were not an official stat. I find it completely ridiculous that they aren't, however.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.