Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline WhiskeySam  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:03:49 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Applause Received: 1

I don't buy into this being a good loss. It's only a good loss if you learn from it, but we didn't really learn anything we didn't already know. The O-line is inconsistent, the D-line needs to step up, the penalties need to be eliminated, and McCarthy abandons the run at the first sign of trouble. I don't see where anything has changed from last year, frankly. That leaves us as a good football team (probably a playoff team due to the lousy division rivals we have) but not a great, championship caliber team.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline johnny_blood  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:02:01 PM(UTC)
johnny_blood

It's not a good loss, a good loss would be showing you are on the same level as the Cowboys. We're not on the same level right now.

Rodgers wasn't the problem, he was fine.

Run defense, O-line, abandoning the run --- those were the problems.
blank
Offline El3ment12  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:13:50 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

I bet we beat them in the playoffs if they make it past the 1st or second round. I know we will but them,....not so much
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:21:19 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
RP, it's almost like you should be a motivational speaker or something. haha. i didn't know that Rodgers passer rating was over 100 last night. good deal. I think we have a lot to improve on. Good news is i really think we will improve throughout the season. And maybe I'm biased, but even though Dallas is playing great ball, i don't think they can get much better.

That's because it wasn't over 100. It was 80.

Not blaming Aaron Rodgers , it's more our OL sucks. Didn't give Aaron Rodgers any time the whole game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#30 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:30:14 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

I hate the QB rating as a statistic. Because lets say your down and you decide to fling a ball down the field and get picked with 1 second left, you take hit. Plus a lot of Rogers statistics came in garbage time when the Dallas D didn't care about 5-10 yard passes. Anyone that thinks Rogers is on Romo's level (as of right now) is really fooling themselves.

There is lots of time when Rogers had time and he over threw or ran for a 3 yard gain. I don't believe its his fault. Obviously Mike McCarthy has told him not to take any risks. Thats what I believe we will get with Rogers. Conservative. He's not going to lose us the game, which I think is awesome if we have a dominating defence. But with no Harris too, we're not a dominating defence and we need to score points. I personally would have liked Rogers to have been more aggressive when we're down 20-9 or even 27-9. At that point air it out a bit or take a high risk high reward pass. The game managing QB works when your up.

At the end of the day, just IMO, not a good loss. It was at HOME. You should never get dominated like that at home if you think you have a shot at the SB.
blank
Offline Gravedigga  
#31 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:16:21 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

See how great this kid is... Our Future Champion will excel this Januarry.....

Packers lose to Dallas Big Fricken Deal.

It was a learning experience for the team as a whole. It all comes down to January and being in the hunt in January.

Chico had a passer rating of 103.47 in this loss

ROMO had a passer rating of 82.63 in his win tonight.

The future is "Ours" The Packers will have a record of 3 wins and 1 loss next week and still be on top of the NFC North.

Great Loss... A loss that was needed to take the team to the next level.

I think the rest of the team had a check up from the neck up tonight as far as what it will take to put the ring on this year.

This is a good loss for the Packers as a team. It will result in a 7 game winning streak.

R.P.

A good loss?? We lost the game, and Al Harris which is worth a couple of games by himself. The defense couldnt stop the run at all and couldnt even think about stopping the pass. You know why T.O. was a non factor??? It's because Harris was out and T.O. was covered by Woodson so the Boys attacked the other areas of the field. No suprise that Austin has a career game.

Aaron Rodgers played like crap. He got half of his yardage when the Cowboys were in prevent defense late in the 4th quarter. I know you arent one of these statistic guys are you?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:23:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I'd agree that Rodgers didn't play to the level we've already expected him to play. To say he played like crap I think is going a little too much. He didn't lose the game for us. Which is what most of us expected out of him. Not win the game or lose the game, but manage the game. He had some poor poor throws, but the defense didn't catch any of them.

If I remember right from watching the game and doing the highlight video, he had Cowboys around him pretty consistently. Not exactly the easiest place to make a positive difference in a football game.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#33 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:49:03 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

It's REALLY hard to judge Rodgers on a situation like this. To say he played average I can see but bad??... I donno Cause there was literally nothing he could do about it last night. he made some great passes while going down but your not going to be able to pull them off through a whole game. I'm surprised he never had 3-4 picks to be honest. He was TRYING to make plays, along with the receivers. But there was no way that was going to happen with the way the line was playing.
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#34 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:54:12 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

Aaron Rodgers played like crap. ?

he had an int..... fumble recovered by the defense

He threw wild passes all night long and couldnt put any touch a deep ball

Yup that is playing like crap...

Wait, Rodgers didnt do ANY of that

okay he still played like crap
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:00:27 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

It's REALLY hard to judge Rodgers on a situation like this. To say he played average I can see but bad??... I donno Cause there was literally nothing he could do about it last night. he made some great passes while going down but your not going to be able to pull them off through a whole game. I'm surprised he never had 3-4 picks to be honest. He was TRYING to make plays, along with the receivers. But there was no way that was going to happen with the way the line was playing.

My thoughts exactly. The OL sucked. What was Aaron Rodgers to do when he was running for his life the whole game?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gravedigga  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:12:30 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

You're right, It is hard to judge Rodgers. He's young. He's obviously not seeing the whole field. He's playing like a guy who can see his primary receiver andd maybe his second receiver, after that, it's scramble and hope for the best. Favre could see all 4 or 5 receivers. Not trying to compare, i already said he's young. After 3 weeks, still dont know what we have with him. I guess if i take the view of, "this season is a waste" and just hope he gets his growing pains in this year, i'll be less dissapointed.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:35:27 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

He didn't have time, or open receivers. Thats hard for any QB. But he didn't make bonehead throws either.
Rodgers didn't do great, but he didn't stink it up either. He kept his cool throughout the game. Not easy when you have 300 pounders bearing down on you.
UserPostedImage
Offline obi1  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:49:25 PM(UTC)
obi1

I don't know where I really sit on this one.

There are a couple of plays I think that Favre would have made near the goal line that I think puts TDs up on the board for the Pack.

And that might have changed the outcome of the game, but I also don't know that had it been Brett, would he not have thrown a bonehead pass that would have nullified his brilliance near the goal line.

I guess all I can really say is that Rodgers has a way to go before he is able to make the redzone plays on a consistent basis...
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:55:07 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

every single thread...every single game...

make.it.stop!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline walleye  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:57:58 PM(UTC)
walleye

make.it.stop!!!!!

Why Favre is GOD!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL NOTTTTTTT
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Gravedigga  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:21:35 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

He didn't have time, or open receivers. Thats hard for any QB. But he didn't make bonehead throws either.
Rodgers didn't do great, but he didn't stink it up either. He kept his cool throughout the game. Not easy when you have 300 pounders bearing down on you.

I think he had time. He didnt have 10 seconds to sit back there like brady & Manning used to but he had time. 3 seconds, 4 seconds is all a qb can ask for in this league. It's nto his fault tho, he is learning. In a year or two he should be pretty good.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Gravedigga  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:22:51 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

make.it.stop!!!!!

Haha, get used to it. Thats Favre, i mean, thats life.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:03:21 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

make.it.stop!!!!!

If only someone could. But they can't, or won't. So we'll get this constantly, until we can't even enjoy football anymore.

And it's both sides -- both effin' sides, doesn't matter. You could be talking about the D line and somehow someone will chirp in w/ "Wouldn't be like that if Brett was still here!" or "Yeah, and if Brett was still here they'd be on the field longer 'cause he threw 3 picks!"

Apparently the football being played out on the field this year isn't as exciting as re-hashing a pointless argument.

Think
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:18:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

If the Favre comments are ignored, they will go away. If they are commented on or about, they will continue to find themselves in more threads.

With that said... I don't think this was a good loss. Although Rodgers and Pickett have both said they hope to get Dallas again later in the year. That makes me happy because it means they know they can beat them, or at least have the confidence they have the talent to do so. And I agree with them.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed