Zero2Cool
14 years ago

That call was pretty bad. In fact, it was awful, horrendous. I don't know what else to say. If that happen to the Packers, this board would riot.

The screen pass was there and should have been caught. He's not going to throw a perfect ball every time. Nobody does. The back has got to catch that. It went through his hands.

He did hold the ball too long on the fumble though. Wait he does that? A little karma maybe :)

"porky88" wrote:

Should have been caught, yes.
Should have been a better throw when you consider it was what, five yards? That's something that should be spot on every time. You could do that. I can do that. My 12 year daughter can do it. I know because we go to the field across the street by the school and play catch all of the time. She has trouble making the 10 yard and more throws.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

That call was pretty bad. In fact, it was awful, horrendous. I don't know what else to say. If that happen to the Packers, this board would riot.

The screen pass was there and should have been caught. He's not going to throw a perfect ball every time. Nobody does. The back has got to catch that. It went through his hands.

He did hold the ball too long on the fumble though. Wait he does that? A little karma maybe :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Should have been caught, yes.
Should have been a better throw when you consider it was what, five yards? That's something that should be spot on every time. You could do that. I can do that. My 12 year daughter can do it. I know because we go to the field across the street by the school and play catch all of the time. She has trouble making the 10 yard and more throws.

"porky88" wrote:

I'll bet she throws like a girl. ::wink:
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
I don't know why Viking fans aren't happier than hell to be 6-1 right now. Realistically they could easily be 4-3. If the media wouldn't jack that team up better than it is all the time, maybe their fans would live in reality more. They have a lot of talent but a coach permeating unwarranted arrogance.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

Honestly.. I think it wasn't that bad of a call, the illegal block that is.. you cannot whip your legs out like that. Albeit he caught him with his midsection, anytime you throw your legs out there like that it should be called..

IMO, that should be called more.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
BTW.. it is funny no one was saying Favre was holding the ball to long in the pocket.. that fumble was a 5 count. ;)

That was a good game, played by two solid ball clubs and one defense made more plays that the other.. BTW.. Mendenhall doesn't fumble inside the 10 and it was game over sooner. Didn't the defense make a play there?

Or Harvin returning it for a TD? That wasn't helping Brett? Rice didn't bail out the all mighty Brett a couple times.. that catch on the sideline was 'sick'.

AP can't beat 8 men all by himself.. just like the Packers they dared Favre to beat them.. this time he came up short.

Face it.. they got beat.. but they played a solid game. Next.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
The INT......like Zero said, it SHOULD have been caught.
Still, a little 5 yard pass should be chest high or lower. Above his head? Lousy throw. On a screen like that, it's timing. The RB has only a split second (because of his closeness to the QB) to turn and find the ball. He's EXPECTING it to be lower then the top of his head, i'm sure. Should he have caught it? Yes. But to me the majority of the blame goes on Favre, as he had no pressure and only had to "lob" it into the guy.
Of course either way, i'm THRILLED with the result!!!
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
Funny. I could come on here bitching about 'bad calls' and all the other crap in that game that bothered me, but it would be read as if I were making excuses and I was blowing Favre's jock. So, I'm not gonna do that.

Both my football squads lost this weekend, the Vikings lost in a odd game (weird calls by refs, funny bounces both ways, etc.) that pissed me off, and both my fantasy teams lost (really, WILL lose)..

But, yesterday was probably the best Sunday I've had in ages. Because I refuse to tie my self image to any sort of team that I'm not financially invested in. I'm actually enjoying the 'happiness' all my Packer friends are having. It's really funny.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
14 years ago

Take a look around some Vikings sites. The Vikings didn't lose. The refs made them lose. They can't lose.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Sooo.. It's ok for you guy over here to bitch about calls, but as soon as other fans do.. The refs made the Vikes lose? Dude, that door swings both ways.

What I'm seeing with alot of Viking fans is they are more optimistic about our team than they have been in the past.. Ohhh.. 5 years? Absolutely nothing wrong with that. The Stillers showed up Sunday, with a rowdy crowd and stellar defensive play. They were jacked up and ready to play. And yet it still took two good defensive plays to beat the Vikings.

You better believe we are optimistic about our team.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
14 years ago
I think the Bears were optimistic too. The difference is they beat the Steelers. Look at them now.

That being said..... You guys actually have a reason to be optimistic. As long as Favre can hold up you have a good chance at going into the post season with a solid team.
Formo
14 years ago

I think the Bears were optimistic too. The difference is they beat the Steelers. Look at them now.

That being said..... You guys actually have a reason to be optimistic. As long as Favre can hold up you have a good chance at going into the post season with a solid team.

"DGB454" wrote:

Exactly my point. But it gets translated into 'Favre being a God', and how he 'can't do any wrong', etc etc etc etc. We can't win in that discussion.
UserPostedImage