Roddyboy
15 years ago
Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago

I dunno. I liked Brett a lot, still do. I like Rodgers and will grow to like him more and more, I think.

I really wish everyone would stop TRYING to compare them. They play a different style QB than the other and its impossible to compare them.

No matter how many ways you try to compare an apple to an orange, you will always look silly and wrong. So why do it?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Zero. I hate to remind you of this.

But weren't you the guy who posted an article just a few minutes ago comparing BF and Aaron Rodgers ???
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I dunno. I liked Brett a lot, still do. I like Rodgers and will grow to like him more and more, I think.

I really wish everyone would stop TRYING to compare them. They play a different style QB than the other and its impossible to compare them.

No matter how many ways you try to compare an apple to an orange, you will always look silly and wrong. So why do it?

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Zero. I hate to remind you of this.

But weren't you the guy who posted an article just a few minutes ago comparing BF and Aaron Rodgers ???

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I hate to remind you of this, but I could have sworn the article's title was about even a loss justifies faith in Aaron Rodgers.

If you don't have anything to add about Aaron Rodgers, go to the Brett Favre section and post some more love towards your guy.
UserPostedImage
brnt247
15 years ago
This team could only be worse with Favre at the helm right now. He wouldn't have beaten the Cowboys and the most he could do is win against both the Vikings and Lions. The Jets don't even have that bad of a team around Favre, so that really isn't an excuse. Favre has thrown plenty of awful passes this year and Aaron hasn't really thrown any.
blank
gbpfan
15 years ago
i usually don't like to quibble i like brett and you may think the reporter is wrong in comparisons but you need to look at the whole picture first you need to get over that brett isnt here and move on,witch it seems youhave not,you make it sound like brett is the team brett had good players around him,then you talk mcnabb well he is a vet and a healthy one they always play each other same division kinda like when we play the bears,we have a good team and a-rod his showing us he can play the only thing he doesnt have right now is moxie and i think it is coming the guy will be a good q.b with a good o-line after all it is team not i
dhazer
15 years ago

This article is total B.S. and filled with inaccuracies...

Now here is where I tear it to shreds.

1. "The presence of Favre would have made little difference".

Total opinion and conjecture, and not even very educated. Favre often was the deciding factor in Packer wins because he had the talent and the experience to improvise. He wasn't a "system QB", which is what Aaron Rodgers is.

2. Last year has nothing to do with this year.

3. "The Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. Their brightest Super Bowl hopes may well arrive in the coming years when those youthful players, including Rodgers, reach maturity.

That in no way implies the Packers have thrown in the towel on 2008 by replacing Favre with Rodgers. Its too soon to make any lasting judgments, but so far, Rodgers compares favorably to Favre."

These statements totally contradict one another. And if it's too soon to make any lasting judgements, why is this assclown making lasting judgements? "Compares favorably to Favre". That, in itself, is ludicrous. Apples and Oranges. Favre has been in the Jets O system for 1 month, Rodgers has been learning the Packer's system for 3 years. Also, Favre is performing just as well as Rodgers for having been in a system for such a short time. That is a testament to how good Favre is, according to Steve Young. I can assure you, if the situation was reversed, AROD would not be performing as well in New York.

Also, last year, when someone praised BF for doing well, many were quick to state that it was really Mike McCarthy 's system that was the reason and not BF. Well, wouldn't it then be Mike McCarthy 's system for Aaron Rodgers as well?

"Its true the Packers bogged down in the red zone against the Cowboys and Rodgers was unable to elevate his team. But many quarterbacks will struggle against that same defensive buzz saw, as Favre did last season."

This statement is down right ridiculous. Again, last year is not this year, and Donovan McNabb put up 37 points against the Cowboys and almost won, and McNabb is no Favre!

"That Rodgers should be around for years to come only gives Thompson more evidence to defend his controversial offseason quarterback decision."

All the more reason as to whyTed Thompsonshould have brought back BF this year! Rodgers isn't going anywhere. He's only played 2 games against weak teams, and this assclown is crowning him already. The Packers had their best shot at going to the SB this year with BF. Aaron Rodgers is not the guy who is going to take you there past Dallas, Philly, or the NY Giants.

End of story.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

All i can say is amen brother my points exactly, just last week it was all praise for Rodgers and now a big game and a failure things have changed.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago

All i can say is amen brother my points exactly, just last week it was all praise for Rodgers and now a big game and a failure things have changed.

"dhazer" wrote:

Did you read the article?
blank
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
Sorry, but I fail to see how getting beat by the Cowboys in any way validated Thompson's decision to go with Rodgers. They have nothing to do with each other. Nice to see VM conveniently ignore Favre has more TD passes in his comparison.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Nice to see VM conveniently ignore Favre has more TD passes in his comparison.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

:sigh:

Did Mike mention anything about Wins or interceptions?
UserPostedImage
Jacob
15 years ago

Nice to see VM conveniently ignore Favre has more TD passes in his comparison.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

:sigh:

Did Mike mention anything about Wins or interceptions?

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

Or how rodgers has 2 rushing TD's and favre has 0
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.