zombieslayer
15 years ago

If this is true, which I believe it is, as Packer fans, should we root for the Jets to lose in order to get a higher third round pick? Or is the difference between pick 100 and 110 so insignificant that we shouldn't waste out time worrying about it? I'd probably go with the latter and continue to root for Brett.

"mattresell" wrote:

Heh.

Haven't thought of that.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Published: 09-24-08
Ea-headshot-81x63

By Eric Allen

Senior Managing Editor
change font email article

When the Jets returned to practice this afternoon, both their offensive star and their defensive nucleus were on the field with their teammates.

Quarterback Brett Favre, sporting a red jersey and green mesh shorts, had his left ankle wrapped and he moved gingerly in the brief period the media was allowed to watch.

2008 Week 4 - Jets vs Cardinals Game Release

Im doing everything I can to get ready, Favre told reporters this morning. How it will affect me during the course of the week or Sunday remains to be seen.

Favre, whos started an NFL-quarterback-record 256 consecutive games, is not concerned about his ironman streak.

My philosophy has always been if you feel like you can play and not hinder the team one bit, then try at least, he said. Why not try? I think I owe that to not only my teammates but to myself. That's the way I've always looked at it.

Expected to be somewhat limited in practice, Favre isnt worried about losing physical reps. He said hed attempt to do some things today and placed an emphasis on his mental preparation heading into this weekends matchup with the Arizona Cardinals.

I love to play. I didn't come here, first of all, to lose. I didn't come in here to get hurt and sit and watch. That's why I played every game, he said. I could have sat out numerous games and no one would ever have questioned the fact that I was hurt, but I wouldn't let it get that far.

Favre, whose 70.0 percent passing accuracy ranks second in the league, will push the remarkable streak to 257 this weekend.

I feel like I can give this team a very good chance to win, he said. Until I'm told otherwise, I'm going to do it.

While Kris Jenkins started against the Chargers, the 64, 349-pound nose tackle was done after one quarter of action. Jets head coach Eric Mangini said he was close to returning, but the mammoth run stuffer was held out.

I am taking it day by day, doing the best I can, said Jenkins who did not participate in team drills in the non-pads session. Obviously, I am not on IR so its a plus. I am working on it day by day and doing what I can to get back on the field with my teammates.

With Carolina, Jenkins, 29, suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in 2004 and tore an ACL in the 05 opener. But since 2006, the eight-year vet has appeared in 35 consecutive games.

I cant go into it, but I can say its not something that was a first-time occurrence, he said of his back problem. It is something that I have dealt with before in the past. Its something I have to work through, and I know how to get through it.

Before the Jets complete the seasons first quarter, theyll tango with the Cards. At 1-2, Favre says each member of the team must believe they cant be beat.

Once this team starts believing all 53 guys start believing that it can be done then it will be, he said.

A pair of losses over the Jets first three games has not made Favre question his decision to press pause on retirement.

There's no doubt from my end. I'll continue to do what I've done from day one, from the day I first stepped onto a field. If that's not good enough, then it's not good enough, he said. It's been good enough up to this point. I've won way more games than I've lost and I don't anticipate that changing.

Favre isnt using the newness of the offense as an excuse for the units lack of productivity at times. In fact, he said, We have to at some point write that off.

The Green & White moved the ball effectively against the Chargers when they went to an empty backfield in the second half with Favre operating out of the shotgun. The Jets actually walked through that package at their La Jolla hotel Sunday.

Do we want to go 60 snaps in a game of empty? Who knows? We have the guys to do it, Favre said. But I think we also have a very effective running game. How we mix the two I think is going to be crucial because I think we saw something that we can do.
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Gosh some of you sound like you are just cheering on Brett because of the higher draft pick the Packers will get. Thats kind of cruel in away, again everyone has their own viewpoints.

I for one can say I am cheering on Brett because he has been my QB for many many years and I believe in him and his abilities. I am NOT worried about what number draft pick the Packers will receive and I say that in the most kindness way possible..LOL.. I cheer for him because of the type of person he is, enjoyment he has given me and watching him every Sunday. 🙂
Heathiee
Trippster
15 years ago
The Jets have an easy schedule for the next 6 weeks. They could easily be 6-3 after 9 weeks. I hope we can be better than that!
"Let Your Light Shine!"
longtimefan
15 years ago

Published: 09-24-08
Ea-headshot-81x63

By Eric Allen

Senior Managing Editor
change font email article

When the Jets returned to practice this afternoon, both their offensive star and their defensive nucleus were on the field with their teammates.

Quarterback Brett Favre, sporting a red jersey and green mesh shorts, had his left ankle wrapped and he moved gingerly in the brief period the media was allowed to watch.

Im doing everything I can to get ready, Favre told reporters this morning. How it will affect me during the course of the week or Sunday remains to be seen.

Favre, whos started an NFL-quarterback-record 256 consecutive games, is not concerned about his ironman streak.

My philosophy has always been if you feel like you can play and not hinder the team one bit, then try at least, he said. Why not try? I think I owe that to not only my teammates but to myself. That's the way I've always looked at it.

Expected to be somewhat limited in practice, Favre isnt worried about losing physical reps. He said hed attempt to do some things today and placed an emphasis on his mental preparation heading into this weekends matchup with the Arizona Cardinals.

I love to play. I didn't come here, first of all, to lose. I didn't come in here to get hurt and sit and watch. That's why I played every game, he said. I could have sat out numerous games and no one would ever have questioned the fact that I was hurt, but I wouldn't let it get that far.

Favre, whose 70.0 percent passing accuracy ranks second in the league, will push the remarkable streak to 257 this weekend.

I feel like I can give this team a very good chance to win, he said. Until I'm told otherwise, I'm going to do it.

While Kris Jenkins started against the Chargers, the 64, 349-pound nose tackle was done after one quarter of action. Jets head coach Eric Mangini said he was close to returning, but the mammoth run stuffer was held out.

I am taking it day by day, doing the best I can, said Jenkins who did not participate in team drills in the non-pads session. Obviously, I am not on IR so its a plus. I am working on it day by day and doing what I can to get back on the field with my teammates.

With Carolina, Jenkins, 29, suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in 2004 and tore an ACL in the 05 opener. But since 2006, the eight-year vet has appeared in 35 consecutive games.

I cant go into it, but I can say its not something that was a first-time occurrence, he said of his back problem. It is something that I have dealt with before in the past. Its something I have to work through, and I know how to get through it.

Before the Jets complete the seasons first quarter, theyll tango with the Cards. At 1-2, Favre says each member of the team must believe they cant be beat.

Once this team starts believing all 53 guys start believing that it can be done then it will be, he said.

A pair of losses over the Jets first three games has not made Favre question his decision to press pause on retirement.

There's no doubt from my end. I'll continue to do what I've done from day one, from the day I first stepped onto a field. If that's not good enough, then it's not good enough, he said. It's been good enough up to this point. I've won way more games than I've lost and I don't anticipate that changing.

Favre isnt using the newness of the offense as an excuse for the units lack of productivity at times. In fact, he said, We have to at some point write that off.

The Green & White moved the ball effectively against the Chargers when they went to an empty backfield in the second half with Favre operating out of the shotgun. The Jets actually walked through that package at their La Jolla hotel Sunday.

Do we want to go 60 snaps in a game of empty? Who knows? We have the guys to do it, Favre said. But I think we also have a very effective running game. How we mix the two I think is going to be crucial because I think we saw something that we can do.

Favre, whos started an NFL-quarterback-record 256 consecutive games, is not concerned about his ironman

The Green & White moved the ball effectively against the Chargers when they went to an empty backfield in the second half with Favre operating out of the shotgun. The Jets actually

streak.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

I thought ZERO doesnt like to have post go way off topic and this is WAY off topic
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I copied and pasted the only thing that tells a little bit about Favre's injury, I know Cheesy for one didnt know what the injury was and this was the only article I could find.

Zero wont mind, right Zero??? 🙂 And if he does he can punish me.
Heathiee
Cheesey
15 years ago

I copied and pasted the only thing that tells a little bit about Favre's injury, I know Cheesy for one didnt know what the injury was and this was the only article I could find.

Zero wont mind, right Zero??? 🙂 And if he does he can punish me.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

I don't think he will mind. The topic IS Brett Favre, and you just gave info about his injury. To me that is VERY important to the underlying topic.
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Cheesy, I thought that same thing, it is about Brett Favre and it was the only thing I could find out about his injury. I guess he twisted his ankle, they have wrapped it and everyday its getting better, so they say he will play on Sunday. He had limited practices though which sucks because he needs all the practice he can get with his recievers.
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago
lol...i guess i was way off base then...

thought not to long ago zero made a statment that said he didnt want posts going off topic ( cheesey I know YOU recall that post by him) as do many others
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

lol...i guess i was way off base then...

thought not to long ago zero made a statment that said he didnt want posts going off topic ( cheesey I know YOU recall that post by him) as do many others

"longtimefan" wrote:

So quick to ridicule, yet blatantly overlook comments that say otherwise, even when they were emailed directly to you personally.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.