Roddyboy
15 years ago
Where did I call someone a name in this post?
blank
walleye
15 years ago

"Roddyboy" wrote:

I did not say it was in this post! i DO NOT appreciate being called a Dumba$$.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Roddyboy
15 years ago

"walleye" wrote:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Yeah?

Well, I didn't appreciate being called an :ahole: by you.

So now we're even!
blank
walleye
15 years ago

"Roddyboy" wrote:

"walleye" wrote:

Yeah?

Well, I didn't appreciate being called an :ahole: by you.

So now we're even!

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Ok i got a question for you if you are a packer fan. Lets say the packers play the jets. are you at that game time a packer fan or a Favre fan??? :computer:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
obi1
15 years ago

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Roddy, its a moot point OK?

The bottom line is that your dreamboy isn't here. Just like it killed you when Pack let go of Freeman, its getting to you now.

3 BIG reasons why Brett had to go.
1. He lost the NFC championship game when he threw that INT
2. He BLEW the Rams game in 2001 playoffs by throwing 6 INTs
3. He has a 3-9 record in the playoffs.
Ted Thompson intended to keep the same team around for a while so with Favre's age and his track record in the playoffs, he had to go. Ted Thompson EXPECTS his team to be in the playoffs a lot.

Put yourself in his shoes... You expect your team to be in the playoffs for the next few years. You feel you have the talent to get there.
You may not WIN the Superbowl this year but you want to lay that foundation so you could win it next or the year after... Then you want your QB that you picked out to get that experience. Ted Thompson didn't want Brett Favre because of his Playoff track record. He would rather take his chances with Rodgers because Brett has been given enough chances in his opinion and failed! Then he retired.

This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs last year. Except for Favre...

Before ANYONE decides that Ted Thompson is the anti-christ and Rodgers is an idiot, lets give them a chance. 3 games does not a season make.

IF Rodgers has a very subpar season and blows some games that could have had us in the playoffs but we didn't get there, OK, you've got beef and people might actually listen but to post your anger the way you do, YOU come accross as an idiot.

YOUR personal feelings toward Favre is well known now but nobody gives a ---- because you have made yourself to be nothing more than a pest.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago

"obi1" wrote:

Roddy, its a moot point OK?

The bottom line is that your dreamboy isn't here. Just like it killed you when Pack let go of Freeman, its getting to you now.

Wrong on so many points, Packmaster, I don't know where to begin. So, I'll begin here. I don't give a rat's ass about Freeman. He was old and slow and it was time to go.

How about some reality here? Ted's guys sucked big time in that game. The only one's who were even playing/trying were Driver & Favre...

How about, the RAMS were a WAY better team than GB. GB was not going to win, and the stellar WR corp, like Schroeder, etc...kept letting balls bounce off of their arms and into the DB's arms. Go check the tape.

I thought it was 3-7? It keeps getting bigger with you types. How about 14-4 last year. How about no running game and no blocking for 7 games? Your memory seems to be very conveniently slanted in favor of favoring TT.
Ted Thompson intended to keep the same team around for a while so with Favre's age and his track record in the playoffs, he had to go. Ted Thompson EXPECTS his team to be in the playoffs a lot.

Seattle was in the playoffs too. Ted Thompson couldn't put them over the top so Seattle let him go. He's going to do the same thing in GB, just watch!

Put yourself in his shoes... You expect your team to be in the playoffs for the next few years. You feel you have the talent to get there.
You may not WIN the Superbowl this year but you want to lay that foundation so you could win it next or the year after... Then you want your QB that you picked out to get that experience.

In other words, it's all about Ted Thompson 's EGO....right? Favre had them one game away from the SB! Any other GM would have begged Favre to come back and would have added that key piece or two to put the team over the top. Not Ted Thompson though. He may give you a couple of playoff appearances, but that's it! No ticket to the big dance.

Ted Thompson didn't want Brett Favre because of his Playoff track record. He would rather take his chances with Rodgers because Brett has been given enough chances in his opinion and failed! Then he retired.

BF didn't fail. Bob Harlan failed by hiring Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman who hired Tom Rossley. At least get the facts straight.

This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs last year. Except for Favre...

Before ANYONE decides thatTed Thompson is the anti-christ and Rodgers is an idiot, lets give them a chance. 3 games does not a season make.

IF Rodgers has a very subpar season and blows some games that could have had us in the playoffs but we didn't get there, OK, you've got beef and people might actually listen but to post your anger the way you do, YOU come accross as an idiot.

Or maybe the truth just ruffles your feathers because you can't handle it.

YOUR personal feelings toward Favre is well known now but nobody gives a ---- because you have made yourself to be nothing more than a pest.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Plenty of people feel the way I do. More than half of Packerland in fact.
blank
dingus
15 years ago

Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Yeah right Roddyboy

#1 all time in interceptions (getting up there on the fumbles lost as well).

You Also forgot #1 in TD's, Yardage, etc, etc...Dingus

Trent Dilfer has as many SB rings.

Dan Marino has 0 SB rings as does Aaron Rodgers. Elway only got his because of Terrell Davis. I love these non-points you people make out of context.

3-7 in the playoffs since 1998.

You also somehow conveniently forgot 14-4 last year, MVP runner up to Brady, over 4,000 passing, over 20 TD's. And lest we not forget, Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman. But I guess you are a Rhodes and Sherman fan, since you don't think they are handicaps that contributed greatly to theat record. eh?

39 in a couple of weeks.

Big deal....You people have been bitching about his age for 5 years now. What's the point. (See last year's statistics above)

Those are all undeniable facts RB.

But had your idol come back for 1 more year we would be assured that championship.

14-3 last year. Led team to NFC Championship game. Do I keep having to remind you?

At this point in the season the GBP are far from being a SB contender, with or without Lord Favre Almighty.

Why would you say that? Last year they made it to the NFC Championship Game. Lord Ted, whom you all seem to think is bigger than the GB Packer organization is supposed to IMPROVE the team, not take a step backwards. Oh...that's right. He promoted Rodgers over Favre....that's why we're no where near the SB this year. Is that your point?

It's the 4th week of a 17 week season, We are playing a conference team that beat a division foe last week. Our secondary has had the shit kicked out of it and I still expect us to win on Sunday.

I love the Green Bay Packers!

You don't.

I have faith in Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson .

You don't.

We are all aware of these "undeniable facts".

Here's another undeniable fact. Ted Thompson is not "above" the Green Bay Packers. I think that some of you think that he is, or at least, equivalent to the GB Packers. I'm sorry to break it to some of you, but that's not how it works. He WORKS for the GB Packers. He is NOT the GB Packers. Get it straight, will you?

Isn't it time to move on?

"dingus" wrote:

I am a GB Packer fan, same as you.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Once more, so you understand.

I have not forgotten BF 's accomplishments, I loved every minute he was behind center, I'm just not willing to give up on or over scrutinize every aspect of my favorite football team because an aging HOF QB isn't sure he can get over his hurt feelings and play for the team that paid him millions of dollars over the last decade and a half.

He has all the records, good for him. Records don't win championships as you and BF and Dan Marino know.

I will say again, I do not worship Ted Thompson , I also will not criticize him for doing what he thinks is best for this team until he completely fails at it which he has yet to do. And to think that he puts himself above the team is, in your words, opinion and conjecture.
Aaron Rodgers has proven to be a smart, athletic, talented albeit NEW QB in the NFL. He has shown nothing but promise so far. If he starts stinkin' up the joint I'll be the first to call for his head. But he hasn't yet and you choose not to see that.
Ted Thompson did not promote Aaron Rodgers over BF , BF quit, in more ways than one, and the Packers moved on. When all is said and done, it's just that simple. IMHO.

Until you get over the fact that BF is gone and isn't coming back you may as well just go to the jets boards and pronounce you're love for all things Favre over there. Over here we talk about the 2008 GBP, of which BF is not a member.
blank
dingus
15 years ago
Oh yeah, and BF WORKED for the GBP, he was not the GBP. Get that straight. He did not sign players, he did not coach the team and, back in March, did not know if he wanted the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left anymore. That's when I knew we were ready for a new QB.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"obi1" wrote:

I don't think it had to do with any of these, and had everything to do with BF retiring, changing the gameplans to suit Aaron Rodgers 's QB style, and then suddenly learning BF wanted to come back.

You all know I was on BF 's side when he wanted to come back, but I'm just trying to understand what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were thinking. That's what I'm guessing they were thinking.

They were also thinking that Aaron Rodgers is almost as good as BF , Aaron Rodgers is cheaper than BF , and thus we can spend money elsewhere, and Aaron Rodgers has more upside than BF , and we were wasting time with Aaron Rodgers on the bench because he's the QB of the future.

I would have rather had BF started in '08 for us than Aaron Rodgers . I readily admit that. However, it's over. Time to move on.

Back on topic - I think the best thing said on this thread was that in only Aaron Rodgers 's 3rd start, we only lost by 11 points to the best team in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers will only get better this season. There's a good chance that we'll see the Cows again in the Playoffs. Next time, we may even take them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Greg C.
15 years ago
Am I alone in finding it almost impossible to read these posts with all the heads in them? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. I just can't stand all those heads.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.