Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Collins waiting for results of back examination

Green Bay - As though the Green Bay Packers didn't have enough to worry about with their injured cornerback position, they now have plenty to be concerned about at safety.

Starters Atari Bigby (hamstring) and Nick Collins (back) are question marks for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday and perhaps beyond.

Bigby appears out for a second straight week and Collins is waiting for test results to see if he injured a disk in his back or just suffered a strain Sunday night against Dallas. Bigby did not practice Wednesday, but Collins was present and able to do enough in the walk-through to list him as a limited participant.

Collins, however, wasn't sure whether he would be available Sunday.

"I'm comfortable I'll be back soon," Collins said. "I don't know when. Whenever the doctors release me. I'm looking forward to this week. I don't know. They haven't talked to me yet."

Collins said the medical staff didn't think there was a disk problem, but based on his condition they decided to conduct tests. Collins had yet to talk to team physician Patrick McKenzie to find out if the injury was more than a strain.

Collins said he hurt his back on the end around play in which receiver Patrick Crayton threw a long pass into the end zone to receiver Terrell Owens. As Collins went up for the ball, Owens reached across the safety's chest and raked him backward, causing Collins to wrench his back.

Six plays later, Collins intercepted Tony Romo in the end zone and returned the ball 61 yards.

"At that time I didn't feel it, but once I started running with the ball in my hand, I could feel the tightness," Collins said.

After giving up a 63-yard completion to Miles Austin in the third quarter, Collins left the game and did not return. Charlie Peprah replaced him and might have to fill in again this week.

As for Rouse, he was at practice but was limited to the walk-through. If he and Collins can't play, then it would be Peprah and Jarrett Bush at safety against the Buccaneers. Bush has been playing mostly safety since the end of training camp.

"I feel we have four very good players there, and Jarrett Bush is natural back there frankly," coach Mike McCarthy said of his safeties. "We're going to rotate all of those guys in and make sure they are ready. Everybody deals with it. Injuries come in different forms and different times of the year, so that's kind of where we are."

Stuck in neutral
[ul]Wide receiver James Jones thought he was over the hump with his right knee after the Detroit game, but he injured it again and looks to be very questionable for Sunday.

"It's tough," Jones said. "I don't want to say I'm good (for Sunday) or say I'm bad. We'll see how it is. I kind of got down on myself a little bit, but I'll be all right. It's just that you go through things (an injury) for the first time you don't know how to react to it."

Jones, who took part in a segment of the walk-through, said he's not going to rush back and wind up hurting the knee again. He said he'll make sure he's 100% before returning.[/ul]

Back at the helm
[ul]Center Scott Wells is back in the starting lineup.

After a warm-up last week in which he practiced but didn't play, Wells was snapping the ball to quarterback Aaron Rodgers at practice. Wells missed the first two games with a pinched nerve in his back and finally appears to be healthy.

"He's great communication-wise, very intelligent," Rodgers said. "He's great being on the same page as me with protection stuff and run game stuff. It will be great to get back with him."

Jason Spitz, who filled in for Wells, moved to right guard, knocking Tony Moll out of the starting lineup. Rookie Josh Sitton practiced but was limited and isn't a candidate to start this week.[/ul]

Surprise, surprise
[ul]Rodgers said he was half asleep watching the television Sunday morning when an ESPN report flashed that negotiations on a new contract for Rodgers had begun and would probably be completed during the bye week.

"I saw it on the bottom (crawl) line," Rodgers said. "I was with my neighbor, and I go, 'Did you see it?' And he said, 'Yeah.' It was news to me."

Rodgers said he has no knowledge of any talks taking place.

"I know it didn't come from my side and I know it didn't come from the Packers," Rodgers said. "I don't know where it came from."[/ul]

Better offer
[ul]Tight end Joey Haynos decided being on Miami' 53-man roster was better than being on the Packers' practice squad.

The 6-8, 268-pound Haynos accepted an offer Tuesday to join the Dolphins and was at practice Wednesday. The Packers liked Haynos a lot, but they didn't have a spot for him on their 53-man roster.

"I had a long conversation with Joe before he left," McCarthy said. "It's unfortunate. You never want to lose a good, young prospect. I thought he had a very bright future here. But he made the decision to go to Miami, and I just wished him the best."[/ul]

Injury report
[ul]Running back Kregg Lumpkin (knee), fullback Korey Hall (knee) and cornerback Charles Woodson (toe) did not practice and tackle Chad Clifton (knees) was limited.

Three Tampa Bay players did not practice because of injury: fullback B.J. Askew (hamstring), receiver Joey Galloway (hamstring) and defensive tackle Ryan Sims (groin). Linebacker Derrick Brooks (hamstring) and guard Davin Joseph (foot) were limited.[/ul]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
WTF is this, M*A*S*H??

I thought Kregg had a bum hamstring? Now a knee?

"He's great communication-wise, very intelligent," Rodgers said. "He's great being on the same page as me with protection stuff and run game stuff. It will be great to get back with him."

Wow! Either Wells is that damn good or Spitz isn't cutting it at center. Or I'm reading that quote way wrong.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.