Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Don't fire anyone. Let the season play out. Absorb your high draft pick in the next draft. It's been often said that this 2010 class is rich with talent and depth.

At seasons end.
Fire Mike McCarthy and nobody else.

If while interviewing potential HC they say they'd keep four or more of the staff, show them the door.

Hire a new head coach and let him clean house.

I was liking the idea of the 3 - 4 until I realized how, rather when I seen how Kampman gets lost in it. I'm down for 4 - 3 under Capers even. I think it fits our talent far better. I mean, Kampman, Raji, Pickett, Jenkins? How can you not like that? Then you have Mathews, Barnett and Hawk/Bishop or someone on the other side? I think that's much more gooder.

--- We know nothing of the aforementioned will happen.

Since we're stuck with what we have.

I still say, line up using 4 - 3 with the lineup I mentioned. Enough of this rotating players in and out. How many times do we have to hear about how hard it is to get into a rhythm when you're on then off the field every other play?

Grab Aaron's faskmask and yell at him, BE A COACH! Make him understand who his daddy is and oh yeah, make sure you're calling short quick slant plays on three step drops.

Okay, I'm at work so I need to make this shorter than anticipated.

What I'd like to see...
Offensive -
Green gets more carries than Grant.
I liked the idea of an egg timer in Rodgers helmet. Use that, it goes off, RUN LIKE CHEESEY HAS HIS PANTS DOWN CHASING YOU SAYING HERE LITTLE BOY I HAVE A TINKY WINKY FOR YOU!
1 - 2 - 3 toss or run quick. Increase the tempo of the game.

Defensive -
Use Kampman, Raji, Pickett, Jenkins with a four man DL front.
Play man to man with our guys Harris and Woodson. Assign them a WR to shut down.
Blitz Collins like bob sanders, troy polamalu, leroy butler, etc.

Special Teams -
I don't care who the starters are, put your best tacklers on the field on special teams. Or kick it out of bounds. 60 yards to go every time is better than them having the ball in the red zone or FG range to start the series.
DO NOT KICK ANY FG'S IF YOU'RE NOT WITHIN THE 30 YARD LINE!

:) (sorry Cheesey, you were the first one that came to my mind.)
UserPostedImage
Porforis
14 years ago
I'm fine with the 3-4... It's doing pretty good, the only part that's really not working is the pass rush. Much too small of a problem to reform the entire system... Don't drop Kampman into coverage, keep working on the pass rush. I would like the idea of having a good pass-rushing LB we could line up like a fourth D lineman if need be... Forgive my ignorance, but who's our best at this point? I typically watch units (D line, LB, DBs) as a group and don't really pay attention to who's where until the play's over. And we haven't been getting many sacks.
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Make him understand who his daddy is and oh yeah

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You want our new HC to rape Rodgers?

Anyway, nice thread. I see that you spent some time on this one. Or at least, it looks like you did. Very solid planning.

Now, some things I'd do differently. Not better, but just a different opinion.

First of all, I'm ok with the 3-4. Realistically seen, a lot of personel is playing at the same standard as last year, if not higher. The only two players who are really suffering are Kampman and Harris.

Harris is done in a year. Maybe two. Kampman might be a victim of this scheme, but I'll take that one. Just tag him and trade him next year. Great DEs are worth a lot.

We actually should've done this last year, already, but that's just me.

In short, keep the defensive staff like it is. We just had a huge overhaul. No sense in giving up on it after one year. If we get a Greg Hardy, a Derrick Morgan or a Everson Griffen on this defense, we'll be set. Or at least, should be in a year.

I think that Kampman will be worth an early 2nd. Griffen could really be a possibility.

And I've taken a look at the 4-3 defense, as well. It does indeed look very good on paper. Was thinking that in the off-season, as well, after we just made the switch. I mean, with Kampman - Jolly - Pickett - Jenkins we could get some pressure. When Jenkins went down, it all dissapeared. Still, I'm fine with the 3-4, as well. Again, we're one pure pass rushing OLB away, if you ask me.

Secondly, Green getting more carries might work for a game or 3, but I'm pretty sure that he'll go down somewhere after that. He's been one of the more injury prone players in the league since he joined Houston. And he's obviously lost a step.

I think that we should just go and draft a speedster, maybe a little later on. Getting Spiller would be great, but that's not what we should be spending our picks on. After going after an O-lineman and DE/OLB in the first two rounds, that leaves you to find a complementing back in the 3rd/4th. That'd be the way to go for me at this point.

And lastly, special teams. If McCarthy gets fired, I see Slocum going with him. He might be in his first year, as well, but the special teams have been downright horrible under his command. Much like last year. And that while we keep stacking up on players who are supposedly good on STs.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
I would love to play the 3-4 or 4-3. But what are we doing. We are running nickel 75% of the time. 2 Dlineman. That is our weakness in the pass rush. We are not rushing enough big bodies. Man up the secondary and rush 4 or 5 every down with 3 of them being 300 lbers

Offensively, there better be 2 slants on every play we run. I wouldn't care if we line 5 WR and all 5 run slants. You force the ball on a slant, you are still in 1 on 1 coverage not like the triple coverage when taking chances deep.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I like this thread! I'll only add the parts where I either differ from you or maybe have something to add - so that means I agree with firing MmC, as well as not doing so until the end of the season.

As for the defense, I'm going to say that I've come to really like the 3-4 with this team - in many cases it really fits the personnel (esp. the D linemen), and while I understand the frustration about lack of sacks, I'm confident that will improve as they continue to grow into the scheme. That said, I wouldn't cry if they returned to the 4-3, provided they get a DC who can run that scheme. Another Sanders-esque vanilla scheme will make me want to kill, and we should remember that a guy like Sean McDermot isn't available anymore due to Jim Johnson's untimely demise. Bottom line, I'll need to be convinced that there's a DC out there that can bring the pain w/ a 4-3 scheme; I'm not down with re-transitioning back unless they get a guy who knows what he's doing and has a proven track record doing it.

Worst thing about the 3-4 is Kampy playing out of position. If they choose to stay with the 3-4 I have a man-to-man conversation with him that, if necessary, includes an offer to trade him to a team with which he can thrive. They owe him that much, if he doesn't want to stay in the 3-4. This could help bring in either players to help the o-line/RB/S positions or draft picks that could do so.

But hell theyll only be a year removed from a 4-3, so going back would be relatively painless, and I think guys like Matthews and Raji can excel in either scheme. So dependent on the coordinator I would be okay with going back to 4-3, even though I think they could be special in a 3-4, and I like having a different scheme than the rest of the division.

Rest of this year? Man, I dont know. Can Campen? I have this irrational feeling that someone needs to be made an example, if only to try to send a message. Beyond that, I dont have a problem with any of your suggestions couldnt hurt, and they have to try something at this point.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well thought out Zero.
I like the ideas you put out. And I'd also like to see more Green out there. The guys WANTS to shine. You can see it in him. I think he appreciates the chance he has here now.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
14 years ago
Zero,

the only think I would say is the 3-4 has been working well for us in rushing situations. We've shut down Adrian Peterson twice this year and we're not seeing the gaping holes or big plays we did last year on the ground. But the 4-3 or at least a 3-3 (no more 2 down lineman for fuck sake, it's not working) for obvious passing situations or to mix it up. We're leaving our secondary out to dry with the lack of a pass rush.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
I agree with the posts, our strong point has been/is our secondary only because those up front were getting pressure, and now that they dont, the secondary looks horrible.....it all starts with the pass rush....if the pack had a D-line like the Giants D-line before it began its losing streak the team would be RIDICULOUS........im just sayin...
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.