Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Web Page Name 

[img_r]http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/44/1613/jenningsrams.jpg[/img_r]This week, its wide receiver Greg Jennings, who talks about his pregame rituals, his best and worst moments, his basketball skills, and much, much more.

The most important thing my parents taught me was how to respect others, and that it wasnt about me. My mom used these sayings all the time: Life is short, and, Dont ever take anything for granted, and Dont hold a grudge move forward. Thats just the beginning.

The game against Cincinnati, when I didnt have a catch, it was frustrating for me. Because in all my sports life, Id never been through anything like that. Id never gone without scoring a bucket or catching a ball. So it was something that was an out-of-the-box experience for me. Because Id never experienced it, and never thought I would. But if I did, I thought at least wed win something, anything, would go right. But everything everything was in the negative. And my mom was like, God has a plan for everything. And my wife sent me an email that night and it said at the bottom, If you live a positive life, you cant have a negative mind. After that, I wanted to be negative, but thats not who I am. It was my birthday the Monday after the game, and here she was trying to cheer me up. But my daughter was absolutely the only thing that could make me smile. I had never really went through anything like that. That was tough for me.

The first job I ever had was working on a paint crew as a painter. I was in high school, probably 14. And I was the best painter on the paint crew. Im very big on details.

Growing up in the church made me humble, definitely. And, it made me how can I put this not take things for granted. Ill give you a little story. I played the drums, and I was like the best drummer ever. I was young, and I got to the point where I thought I was so good, I was playing with my eyes closed and just showboating, getting a little arrogant with it. And my mom told me, Son, youve got to stop doing that. God gave you a gift, he can take it away. The following Sunday, I get on the drums, and it was like starting all over again. All I could do was hold the beat. Thats it. I couldnt do anything. It was the most jaw-dropping experience at a young age. That was like, I will never brag about anything. That was really one of the moments in my life where I really took to heart that you never should brag if youre good at something. Let your actions speak for you. I was young, probably 10, if that, and while I still played the drums, I never got back to as good as I was. I can still play, but I never had the desire to really keep it going.

I drive a Nissan Armada. I have a car deal with Russ Darrow, and I just fell in love with it. Its like the Infinity Q its the exact same truck, except its not as luxurious.

My favorite TV show is Martin. It doesnt come on anymore, but I just watched it last night on DVD. Ive got all the episodes. He actually has a stand-up show now thats called Last Man Standing, where he has a lot of comics who are just starting out who are doing comedy shows out in D.C. He hosts that. They did 43, 45 episodes of that, and Ive seen that too. I just think the guys hilarious.

On my iPod, youll find a lot of gospel music. I listen to it all the time. I was listening to it when I was walking into the stadium today. Thats pretty much all I listen to. And an occasional Michael Jackson song when my daughters in the car and shes like, Daddy, I want to listen to Michael Jackson! Then Ill pop that in. She loves Bad. Its her favorite.

My all-time favorite movies are Ray, 300 and Shooter. I know, thats a strange mix. I absolutely love Shooter. That might be No. 1. I might be alone in that. Youve never seen Shooter? Ive got like three copies. Ill give you a copy. I guarantee it was good. Youll love it. Its got Mark Walberg in it. Hes an assassin. Dont sleep on it. Shooter is good.

My favorite team growing up was the Pistons. I love basketball. I was probably a better basketball player than I was a football player. I was up for Michigans Mr. Basketball. I had a lot of offers for basketball more than I had for football, honestly. I actually got recruited by Michigan basketball you know the story about Michigan football and by Michigan State basketball. But I was thinking of the professional realm. Youve got a 15-man roster, 12 guys dress in basketball. Versus a 53-man roster where 45 guys dress.

When I have time to read, its the Bible, definitely, but right now Im reading Hinds Feet on High Places. Its a Christian book. Really good book.

I definitely would pay to see LeBron James. I had the opportunity to watch him play in Milwaukee, and hes a character. Great personality, and it trickles down to everybody on the team.

Fans dont know how much I pray. Just for health and the success of others, other guys on the field. If someone goes down, Im one of the first people to go down on one knee. I say basically the same prayer every time. Lord, please cover them and keep them. You know their body better than they know themselves.

I dont do Twitter. But I do have a Facebook page.

If my house was on fire and you gave me one minute to run back in and get something, itd probably be my camera. It has all my pictures of my girls. Im that dad. Ive taken pictures of my daughters doing the dumbest things. Theyre just laying in bed, asleep, and Ill take a picture of it. Those are the moments you cant get back. When I go to this birthday party which my wife is probably wondering where Im at Ill take pictures galore.

When I got my contract, I really didnt buy anything major. Thats just how I am. I took my family out to eat, but I really havent bought anything.

Before every game, I oil myself down with blessed oil. Have you heard that story? If Im on the road, I take a shower in the hotel, and Ill oil myself down with blessed oil its oil that Ive prayed over. And if Im at home, I get in the hot tub, I get in the shower, and then I oil myself down. And thats all I put on. Well, that and deodorant. Its just regular oil Palmolive. And then I pray over it.

My favorite moment as a Packer so far is either the Denver game in 2007, or the Chicago game this year. Denver still probably takes it. Theres no better feeling. Its hard to describe. Theres so much that goes into it. And, its not just me. But as a youngster, you watch guys and the first thing you think is, He just won the game. Whoever scored. And everybody is cheering not just because the team won but because of the action I just fulfilled for everybody. And I just did my part. I dont know if aside from giving birth to a child and I havent done that, obviously I dont know if theres a better feeling.

I feel like I can always improve on everything. I strive to be the best dad, the best husband a better dad, a better husband, a better brother, a better son, a better teammate, a better player. Thats the advice Id give to kids. Always strive to be better.

One of the biggest things on my bucket list is, I want to take my family on a vacation where its us and no one else to an island somewhere and spend time with my family without being bothered by anyone, whether it be fans or the Packers organization.

In high school, I got along with everybody. Everybody thought I was the comedian, the funny guy, the jokester. I just liked to have fun. My wife kind of hated it. We werent together, but we were together. I took to anybody. Very sociable, didnt have any enemies. I mean, there were probably people who didnt like me, but nobody hated me. I dont think so, anyway. I got along with everybody. I never failed to appreciate what I was able to do as an athlete. I dont think I ever let it go to my head. My team was always first. And that really stemmed from, I knew I was good. But I hated the arrogant guy. I absolutely hated that. And if I had to play against the arrogant guy, it kind of came out of me because I wanted to show him, You are not that good.

The best thing about being a dad is the moment when you leave work, and you had a bad day, and you go home and they couldnt care less about what you did at work. Theyre all about, Daddy! You hear those footsteps running up to the door, and its the best feeling.

My wife is the best thing to ever happen to me. Weve known each other since the fifth grade. We didnt technically get together until we left high school. But if youd have known us in high school, youd have known. We were basically boyfriend-girlfriend from the seventh grade summer on.

UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.